• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

What does your username mean?

SpaceGhost152

I love the spanish guy with the fedora
Jul 29, 2018
Voctro Labs' basement
You know that one show that is always in the back of your head but you can't remember its name??
When I was a kid I used to watch the show Space Ghost Coast to Coast and as I grew up I forgot about its name but a few clips from the show were in the back of my head. More than half a year ago I found out about it and I started to watch it again

The "152" on my username are just random numbers lol

Reactions: uncreepy

VesselOfPride

Now, bow to me!
Jul 31, 2018
New York
Mine is to appreciate my favorite sin. Lots of anime characters that I've taken a liking to exhibit this sin, as well as me getting launched into the vocaloid fandom with Daughter of Evil, so I thought of this nickname to honor that.

BambooGarden101

現実逃避
Aug 10, 2018
La-La Land
(spoilered for length and possible rambling)
I still remember perfectly when and where I came up with my username... April 2013 in Japan, standing in line for a roller coaster at USJ. Good times ?

This was my first trip to Japan. It was Golden Week and waiting times were REALLY long, so to kill time I decided to think of online names to replace the weebish pseudonym I’d been using until then. And that’s what I did.

From the start I knew that I wanted my new name to have ‘101’ in it, because it was a number I liked. But of course I couldn’t use just that, I had to add something to it to make it ‘mine’. I sought inspiration from my then-favourite videogame, The Sims 3, and found it in an in-game object named ‘My First Bamboo Garden’. I tried joining ‘bamboo garden’ with the number 101 to see how it sounded and I liked it. And thus my username was born.

Useless fact time! During that wait I also came up with the name ‘GreenTeaWaffle101’, inspired by the fact that I’d recently tried a green tea waffle and I’d liked it. But in the end I stuck with BambooGarden101.

Last edited:

ohpeach

Digital artist
Apr 8, 2018
earth
deviantart.com
My username came as a result of loving pink things, and peach soda!
And I couldn't just call myself "peach" because it was taken on every platform basically--
so I thought I'd drop an "oh" in front of it, like "Oh, heck!" But with a peach instead of a swear-! lol
just something cute and simple and pink! Three things I want to be--! lol

Zunkari_Official

In Vocaloid hell since 2014
Nov 23, 2018
Somewhere in Spain
Zunko + Yukari = Zunkari

I literaly chose my producer name from an unpopular Vocaloid ship I liked like, a year ago. I don’t really care anymore about it, but I still like it aesthetically and stuff. I had lots of unpopular Vocaloid ships back in the day

I go by other aliases in other non Vocaloid related websites, but I’d rather keep those names private

(My old producer name “Kutsumi Kineko”, came from a variation of “Kurotsuno”, a character from Mogeko Castle. I didn’t even like the character that much, I just liked how it sounded and modified it a little. Kineko was originally “Nekomimi” bc the persona I created with this name had car eared headphones. Kineko was just a “cooler” variation, I guess?)

Laeril

Lady of The Heavenly yard
Dec 18, 2018
Utah
Laeril is Sindarin (one of two Elvish languages that J.R.R. Tolkien created) for "singer."

Overcast Immortal

Budding producer
Dec 4, 2018
USA
www.youtube.com
Overcast Immortal is also the name I use to put out music. I didn't want to use my real name for privacy reasons, plus it would have made me sound like a solo guitarist or something.

I chose Overcast as a reference to Portland, Oregon, where I'm from. It's very cloudy and gloomy here, and my music is also filled with gloom. The Immortal part is a reference to several of my chosen genres which are well known for having super long songs. In drone metal, a 5 minute song is short, a 15 minute song is average, and an hour-long song is far from unheard of. I haven't ever gone over 28 minutes, though.

Plus, Overcast Immortal sounds like a doom metal or post-rock act, which is accurate.

OtakuKiarra

☐single ☐taken ☑mentally dating Kaito Shion
May 8, 2019
"Otaku" because I'm, well, an otaku.

"Kiarra" because it's the pseudonym I use for pretty much everything.

Reactions: uncreepy

ngoomie

New Fan
Jan 22, 2019
my username is "sanguinary vampire" shortened down, just because I think think vampires are neat! I also thought it was an original username when I came up with it, but I discovered right when I signed up to Twitter, SoundCloud and GitHub that it's not as original as I had thought. I didn't really want to change it though, and I don't think anyone else with the username has the same meaning behind it anyways

YOYo_MAMA

I am Thou and Thou aren't Shit...
Oct 19, 2018
Mine is based on the cellist Yo-Yo Ma. But I made it sound more like a rap intro, "Yo yo Mama"

kozet

Conlanger
Jul 5, 2019
flirora.xyz
kozet means 'key' in Arka.

I also go by '#flirora' now; flirora means 'jellyfish' in Ŋarâþ Crîþ v7, and '#' is the carþ (given name marker), or at least how it is romanised.

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
When I was in the sixth grade, I tried making a Neopets account under the name Peaches (after a certain floofy baby mammoth from a movie that had just been released at the time). Peaches was, of course, taken, so they offered me a bunch of alternative names, one of them being peaches2217. I took it, and I’ve used it for everything ever since.

Aia

DDR-tist
Jul 14, 2019
The Internet™
Since my irl name is easily confused with a couple of words (the most famous one being "alien"), I just used alien as my theme and stuck with that. The username I have now, actually came from a name generator I used a few months ago when I was still new to Twitter. I'm not really good with names, so I just went with that lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)