• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

What does your username mean?

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Mine is pretty special/personal to me.

Some backstory: I've alwaysiked to write. Since I was about eight years old, I've had this story I wrote and improved and am currently rewriting again. It's a super complex story (but I don't need to explain the plot haha), but the main character of this story is named Konami, nicknamed Kona by a lot of the characters and thus me, because I feel very connected to by characters, her especially.

And on a lot of my platforms currently, I go by Konasaur which is just Kona + dinosaur! And my Twitter @ is ArdentKona right now (though I might change it) and ardent means enthusiastic or passionate and also my real name starfs with ar too!

RabbitWhale39

Devout Mikuist
Apr 25, 2018
haha nice thread! I kind of had the song "Eight Hundred" (Pinocchio-P) in mind. There's one part where it mentions whales swimming through the starry sky, and another part mentioning rabbits living on the moon. And 39... well that's kind of like a holy number around here isn't it. lulz.

Unagi

Passionate Fan
Apr 9, 2018
California, U.S.A
My name used to be "TrueSylveon" on other sites and on games (It's my gaming name). True as in the real one, the only one. Sylveon is my favorite Pokémon in the entire series because of its always happy personality and such.

However, Unagi comes from a play on Otomachi Una's name. Una is short for Unagi, which means "eel." Her hat is actually an eel (a weird one at that), so I named myself "Unagi" after Una.

MikuHatsune

ProjectDIVA.Wiki Admin
Official Representative
Mar 22, 2018
SH, Germany
projectdiva.wiki
*looks at username*

Well... uh...
._.;

Let's talk about my other alias on the Internet: Darkoli1987 (as you can see in my PSN signature...)

Well, back then I wasn't really talented in thinking about a good username (OK OK MikuHatsune is even worse, it's just Hatsune Miku in western name format and I only choosed to type it like that because HatsuneMiku was already taken on wikispaces, the website the PJDWiki is hosted on) so i used my name (Oliver) and like on deviantart and Ragnarok Online i just typed "olivaaa" as username since when you're drunk that's how you'd say my name in german.... then in World of Warcraft I needed a character name for a Undead Warlock, so i just picked Dark + Oli(ver)... and used that as online alias from that point on including 1987, the year I was born (as you can see here). MikuHatsune is the name I use on Vocaloid related websites (or MikuHatsuneCV01 if MikuHatsune is already taken).

Last edited by a moderator:

Satinather

#Germanoid
Apr 8, 2018
Germany
www.youtube.com
It was supposed to be a german name, but I pronounce only "Engel" with german pronuncation, I say "satin" like a french person would do it probably. But honestly, it doesn't matter how people pronounce it, everything is fine to me. :D

"Satin" means literally satin or sateen because I'm weird and love and collect satin ribbons. xD
"Engel" on the other side means "angel"; I love the idea of human creatures having wings and I love feathers and when I was a toddler, I always wanted to be able to fly. So. Yeah. That's pretty much it. :D

Paradoxical

Linguistics Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 7, 2018
Canada
I got my name from Ebot's Spiral Trilogy song, Paradoxical Paradigm. It was originally only a placeholder name on VO until I figured out what I wanted to be known as in the community, but I never got around to changing it and a bunch of stuff happened, so now I'm stuck with it I guess. :arsloid_lili:

Paradoxical

Linguistics Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 7, 2018
Canada
I thought your name made you seem like super smart/mysterious. XD; I didn't know it was after a song. Now I'll have to check it out.
While I did get it from the song, a lot of my decision to use it was based on the word itself too. I'm glad the mysterious vibe was apparent, it's something I liked about the word!

Kurenai_Akari

Doujin lyricist/Producer & MEIKO fanatic
Apr 8, 2018
Somewhere in Cali
piapro.jp
First part of my name comes from my favorite song, "Kurenai" (Deep Red/Crimson - my fave color) from my favorite band, X Japan.

Last part, originally came from a character from one of my favorite manga "Hikaru no Go", but as of a couple of years ago I use the alternative Japanese translation from "light/glow" to "lantern". So, altogether it's "(deep) red lantern", like the Chinese lanterns you see.

WintermintP

Lead Guitar, One Minute Winter
Winter is the only season I happen to like, and one of my favourite flavours is peppermint, but that's only the short story of how WintermintP came about.

The username WintermintP took a lot of research and double-checking to make sure that no one else has taken the username. I used to go by GlacierP for a short while until I found out someone else had already taken it. So I had to come up with an alternative, and that became WintermintP. And this was back when VocaloidOtaku was just about to exit its peak period.

It's a little sad that I'm the only metal producer that turned out to have been way late to the party and Vocaloid metal is now just a thing in the past. Aside from Scythe of Luna, I don't think there is one western producer/circle that still does Vocaloid metal music anymore (except... well... there's me).

WintermintP

Reactions: Elsa12TMNT

Eviltreat16

Probably an Artist, Probably a Praying Mantis
Apr 8, 2018
I've had my account for a long time, so I actually don't remember?? I think I wanted something original, and I think I wanted to reference Trick and Treat?

Uh, so, my Youtube/tumblr was from my sister and I combining Fairy Tail (the anime), and Kingdom Hearts, then I dropped in the number 16 as roman numerals. My fanfiction account was just something I made up off the spot...

Reactions: Elsa12TMNT

Lille

Aspiring Fan
May 3, 2018
One time in middle school, I told my colleagues I was gonna make pancakes during group chat. In Portuguese, you got one word for both fluffy and cute, and my friends associated the fact that they thought I was cute with the fact that pancakes are fluffy... so they called me Fluffy ("Fofinha") because of pancakes.

Jun 3, 2018
A coolio name I made up for one of my characters for a game I wanted to create(It's been 6 to 7 years since then, but I want to get back to it eventually) that has since been my nickname. (─‿‿─)

Mar 6, 2018
Sorry, I know this is a thread for explaining what your username means, but I needed to respond to this...
A coolio name I made up for one of my characters for a game I wanted to create(It's been 6 to 7 years since then, but I want to get back to it eventually) that has since been my nickname. (─‿‿─)
I too have a character named Iris for a game I wanted to make/have had in mind for at least 7 years that I'll get to eventually.
She has white hair and red eyes, like whoever is in your icon. No, I'm not kidding or stealing the idea and can actually prove it with fanart someone did of her some years ago if you want to see. It's a crazy coincidence.

So now I guess I have to give my story for my username I guess...
but no, I'll let that be a mystery. It's only fitting for such a name afterall.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)