• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

CoeFont STUDIO

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
There is a new, kind of mysterious web AI text to speech called CoeFont STUDIO. (It's a weird spelling of koe (voice).)

The homepage lets you try Allial's (ARIARU) voice with a text box, but you can't try out Millial (MIRIARU) without logging in because she's a prototype. You can easily log in with a Google Account.

1.png

They are made by YELLSTON and were established in November 12th, 2020. CoeFont STUDIO became public today.

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
morrysillusion.wixsite.com
honestly quite like the designs, but im also just happy to see some pure black/white designs because id love to see em more lol. tested out the voices a little to and i think they sound really good, a lot less engine noise than i would expect, even from a prototype. theyre also pretty smooth, even when i threw in some english phrases it wasnt too bad

i have next to no use for tts so i dont expect to buy anything but the two voice choices are pretty good and im curious to see how it develops!

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
The only products they have is CoeFont STUDIO and something called "The very difficult AI test (超難問AIテスト)" where you have to guess if the voice is a human girl's or an AI.
The test asks you to figure out if she's a human or not and to type your name in. I got 2/5 right and you basically can't hear a difference. The character's name is Erst (エルスト / ERUSTO).
erst.png

Strangely, the homepage for YELLSTON itself has a weird mission statement that includes the word "erst".
2.png

The Japanese says "Togatta gijutsu de WAKU-WAKU o souzou-suru" which means "Create excitement with cutting edge technology".
"Erst" means "first" (as in "earliest") in German, I am very confused.

The company page says
社名のYellston(エールストン)は、先進的を意味するドイツ語のerst(エルスト)と、声援を送ることを意味する英語のyell(エール)を組み合わせた造語です。
Yellston combined the German word "erst" to mean "advanced/superior" and the English word "yell" to mean "cheer for".

It also says they're aiming on making their company have cutting-edge AI tech.

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
I got 4/5 right on the quiz and 5/5 on the second try (it uses different audio each time) - for the most part I could pick up the AI quirks (some words sounded a little choppy or "doubled" but I had to take a second listen just to make sure I heard it), but it is really impressive.

It sounds really nice! Minimal noise and the results are really smooth. Definitely interested in seeing how it progresses.

Reactions: morrysillusion

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
I wrote a thread on Twitter that repeats the info on here, but then I added some info based on 2 press releases (ex: how it's free for a limited time, will cost per word, they want to make a platform so people can sell their own voice + earn money from it), so please check it out so I don't have to rewrite it here:

(Retweets appreciated)

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
Not sure if this got posted anywhere, but teaser for Averuni, CoeFont's new male vocal:

ABERUNI, kinjitsu koukai
Averuni, public soon

They updated Millial, she is no longer a prototype. They added volume and intonation tuning features.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)