• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Other Cryptonloid voicebank updates, collabs, & concert news (crypton_wat Twitter translations)

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
Len Kagamine's been added to the lineup this Friday. Last week appears to have been skipped due to Golden Week.

This entire week was a bloodbath! But, tomorrow I have to wake up and watch Shinkalion in real time!! After that, it’s dinner with the people at Bilibili!!!
Notes:
He’s probably referring to the chaos of Golden Week.
Shinkalion airs today at about 5 pm US time.
I wonder what part of the April 30th memo Bilibili is related to. Could it be about Miku's Chinese voicebank?

Notable reply:

kazu2:
When the story about Black Shinkalion is over,
will Miku-san have a break for a while?
(Shinkalion is interesting, so even if Miku-san doesn’t show up, I think I will watch it, though)

crypton_wat:
Things like how long the space is open, I’m not sure if I’m in a position where talking is bad, as a matter of fact, I’m itching to talk! By the way, even next week it’s planned to adjust Hatsune Miku’s (from Shinkalion) sound source.
--
Note: Wat's April 30th memo said Miku would be in Shinkalion again and that it was coming up fast.

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
Several new tweets today. The first (see "ORIGINAL TWEET") was deleted and "REPLACEMENT TWEET" replaced it after about 20 minutes. Too bad for Wat that I get text alerts and had already saved screenshots. I've highlighted the sentences in order for us to easily compare the changes to his wording.

wat_deleted.png
Note:
* (Domo) yoroshiku onegaishimasu: Kind of untranslatable, but used when asking favors and showing thankfulness. Please be kind to me, thank you for understanding, please do me a favor…

Both say he wants to increase the human-ness of Miku, but he either 1) accidentally revealed when Miku will appear on Shinkalion after the Black Shinkalion arc (2 months from now), or 2) he wanted to make it seem like he didn't have much time to accomplish this task. Reading comments he's received, some people praised him for his hard work and how cute Miku sounded, or were disappointed that she sounded like a machine (that's what "from all sides" means, critique and praise).

His note about what happened to the original tweet:
The tweet from some time ago, even though I received RY & replies, it disappeared with the retweet, I’m very sorry m(_ _)m
The way he wrote this makes it sound like it just vanished. It wasn't 消えた (vanished), it was 消した (deleted)!

Clarifies that less engine noise is compared to CRYPTON products:
Maybe V5 isn't coming? Or at least what they are doing is not related to Yamaha's methods (more like UTAU's recording methods of short audio)
Thanks for so many opinions! I’m sorry I can’t reply individually, but the current state hereafter: I think we can decrease machine-ness to a degree of 1.5-times※, (※compared to our company, Crypton's, products).

Also, the voice for this month has already been delivered, and is not included in this promise. I am very sorry, but from now on, yoroshiku onegaishimasu.*
Notes:
Based on the comment, it seems “the voice for this month has already been delivered” is talking about Miku’s speech from the Black Shinkalion arc of Shinkalion.
I have no clue how they can measure the human-ness vs. machine-ness to get a number like 1.5x. :S

The machine-ness he's talking about:
Currently moving from Chou Kabuki's recording location. This year isn't to the degree of Shinkalion, but with the current VOCALOID engine, the number one thing the voices are poor at is how there is a minute (fine) roughness to the overtone/harmonics (aka engine noise), it seems like the voices will become a bit more pure/undiluted than in the past. *It's not that I eventually want to make Miku human-ish, I'm thinking of it as a demonstration test/experiment concept that we should accomplish.

No "currently pinned tweet" anymore:
Wat's "currently pinned tweet" is gone. He has no pinned tweet anymore. This is what it used to be:
Currently developing a semi-automatic tuning* program, it will be a little while longer before we can do a demonstration test. We are anticipating a release that's accepted by beginners as having easy-to-use features, but it seems it will have various practical uses! *excited* (´゚∀゚ノ)ノ
Note:
Tuning is when you use parameters like BRE and DYN to make the vocals sound good.

What do you guys think all these mysterious actions mean?

Reactions: GreenFantasy64

WintermintP

Lead Guitar, One Minute Winter
Actually, tuning is when you not only automate parameters but also create note transitions so that the slurs can be a lot smoother/sharper depending on the effect you want. There's a lot more to tuning than just parameters.

All that aside, it seems to me that he's just trying to keep everyone's hopes up when it comes to the Append hype, but my two pence are that I'm definitely against the idea of Appends. I mean, they give you more variety in a bank, and that's great, but the problem is that Appends are probably extra charge, and going to be a problem for people who already bought the base 5 banks like I did (unless they're going to provide those Appends for free and I don't know about it). Also, I'm concerned regarding the V2 voices, with the main problem being the physical quality of the recordings. Because we didn't have all this advanced technology back then, I have no clue how good the V2 voices will sound in a new engine. I should also mention, we have new features such as Growl that didn't exist back then, so... what's going to happen with that?

Also, my hunch is that a better Miku voice might not be happening. I don't know about Wat specifically, but I've seen the pattern with Japanese companies long enough that I can't help but be skeptical every time they seem to try to keep everyone's hopes up.

Anyway, it'll be a little sad to see that Wat doesn't want to make the voicebanks sound more human, but I have no clue if any developer actually wants to make more human-like voicebanks. If one comes up and that becomes a reality, I'd be the first in line to buy that bank.

WintermintP

Last edited:

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
Yesterday, when having a preliminary meeting with the people at STV*, I was asked "My kid likes Negimiku! Hey, now I understand Negimiku, don’t I?!!", with the flow of 10 years, even "Hachune"'s name got quite deformed.**
Notes:
* Based on quick research, “STV” meaning “Shanghai Television (上海电视台)” seems to make the most sense, due to Miku having a Chinese voicebank.
Wikipedia: Shanghai Television - Wikipedia
This is their official YouTube channel: SMG上海电视台官方频道 SMG Shanghai TV Official Channel

**Hachune = Hachune Miku. Hachune's name got deformed = somehow ended up becoming Negimiku. Negi = leek.

This tweet leave more questions than answers. I guess he's talking to Shanghai TV cause the most logical thing would be for her to have a televised concert, possibly with her Chinese voicebank or something. His next tweet (which I'm not bothering to translate) is him talking about Miku's leek and Hachune Miku, but I feel like this particular tweet was a "subtle" namedrop of STV. Having someone call Hachune Miku "Negimiku" implies that the person they spoke to understood Japanese, rather than speaking to a translator (seems too obscure for a Chinese-only speaker to know a random Vocaloid's "deformed over time" joke-character name (Hachune vs Negimiku), doesn't it?

Actually, tuning is...
Yeah, I just put a quick note there to simply define it, cause not all Vocaloid fans own a Vocaloid or know how the software works. I'm a wanna-be translator, not a dictionary!
...the problem is that Appends are probably extra charge, and going to be a problem for people who already bought the base 5 banks like I did (unless they're going to provide those Appends for free and I don't know about it). Also, I'm concerned regarding the V2 voices, with the main problem being the physical quality of the recordings. Because we didn't have all this advanced technology back then, I have no clue how good the V2 voices will sound in a new engine. I should also mention, we have new features such as Growl that didn't exist back then, so... what's going to happen with that?
Wat said he wanted the Appends to be affordable and said some features would be free in a really old tweet (so things could change). I don't know how it would work, would you have to own V4 in order to get the Append? Or would it also work with V3? Very confusing the more you think about it and also mysterious.

WintermintP

Wat said he wanted the Appends to be affordable and said some features would be free in a really old tweet (so things could change). I don't know how it would work, would you have to own V4 in order to get the Append? Or would it also work with V3? Very confusing the more you think about it and also mysterious.
Based on how things normally work when it comes to generations, I'd imagine, yes, you would absolutely have to buy the V4X because support for V3 must've pretty much stopped at this point. Unless there's something going on that I don't know about.

WintermintP

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
Based on how things normally work when it comes to generations, I'd imagine, yes, you would absolutely have to buy the V4X because support for V3 must've pretty much stopped at this point. Unless there's something going on that I don't know about.

WintermintP
Sonicwire still sells V3 (Miku V3 for example) and it says:
Technical Support
We accept inquiries about the product in Japanese only.
With regard to English Installation Guide, you can check it on the page of Product Support Information.
We recommend you to purchase the product from distributors listed below if you need Technical Support in English or other languages.
So it seems like it's still relevant. I think only V2 and definitely V1 are "use at your own risk" level of zero technical support.

Trevor

?
May 2, 2018
I don't think the append would be for v3 Miku at least. Watt's main goal is to get you to update Miku as often as possible. It wouldn't make sense to produce low-price or free features for an outdated software.

Reactions: WintermintP

Trevor

?
May 2, 2018
I second this. I really can't help but suspect that the new Appends won't be cheap either.

WintermintP
Crypton is odd. They released a free update for Rin and Len once, and the v2 appends were cheap as dirt considering it was a time period where each vocaloid was 200 dollars with one voicebank. (I seriously hope we get a new, free Luka bank out of this. Her moe thing is just a no in my book)

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
This batch of tweets appears to be related to Cryptonloid live performances (Snow Miku, Magical Mirai, certain Vocaloid producer's concerts) using 3D models that use motion capture in real time in front of an audience and maybe it will use the voice coating from Shinkalion as well.

Even CG models used in real-time sessions, with the people in charge, we are rea~lly doing this and that. Things for the 10-year anniversary of Miss Luka, custom [CG models in real-time sessions] including certain Vocaloid-P's, the plans of summertime Snow Miku, monpe clothes...
Note:
CG models used in real-time sounds like VR or motion capture to me. I was informed on the VocaVerse Discord they used this technology for the last Snow Miku show.

Jrharbort Productions’s YouTube comment:
The model that appears at 2:06 is a live-rendered model using Crypton's R3 rendering system. It synchronizes live-rendered motion with the vocals, and allows a level of interaction with the audience. The model is custom by the team that made it, and it's still getting tweaked. This was the first live concert demonstration, I believe.
Monpe = a type of ye olde Japanese pants.
もんぺ - Wikipedia
Maybe it’s for the next Chou Kabuki?

Gist: In August 2019, there will be another Chou Kabuki with Hatsune Miku after remodels to the location.

Since early in the morning, we've been preparing a mystery proposal called "Eh? Hatsune Miku, What're you singing? (temporary name)"

I think next time's talking voice is, as a step up, becoming a good thing. Because it is also technically versatile, we must do things like do various applications even in other matters, and make conversion learning data...
Note:
"Next time" could be referring to Miku's next appearance on Shinkalion. (Possibly 2 months from now based on his now deleted tweet).

変換学習データ (conversion learning data) appears to be an AI term related to machine learning. (Please be deep learning-related. *crosses fingers*)

Reactions: bioloid

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
Note: We've known about the following 1st tweet for a while now in Discord (it was posted May 29th, but I didn't share it since we were waiting to confirm if the 7th of June was indeed correct information).

6/7 Usage plan
Note:
In Discord, @Move->Forward figured out the model looks like it's from 初音ミク VR (Hatsune Miku VR). In the last batch of tweets I translated, Wat mentioned making outfits with a company, so maybe the outfits are for that music game (like modules/accessories with the Project Diva series). We also assumed that 6/7 was a date (rather than 6 out of 7), which is today (since we're a day behind Japan). This ruled out the possibility of it being another glasses advertisement.

Not long ago, we completed the fast-talking voice planned to be released tomorrow. It's been nothing but quite tight matters, but it is that we must expand the compatibility range. Next is Russian-language MC, huh...
Note:
"Tomorrow" will be today for us Western-hemisphere folks. It's almost 5 am in Japan.
"Compatibility range" might be referring to software compatibility, but I'm not sure.
MC could refer to a rapper, because he mentioned a "fast talking voice" (not sure if they're related, though). But why would it be Russian? Maybe if it was MC as in a host, it would be Miku hosting some Russian event and speaking in Russian? Hmmm. We'll have to wait and see.

WintermintP

There's too many of these popping up at a time and each is really overwhelming to look at, so I'll have to unsubscribe. There's nothing wrong with doing this type of thing, it's just that they're too difficult for me to handle. Sorry! >.<

Regards,
WintermintP

Move->Forward

🔹🔷🔹🔷🔹
Mar 25, 2018
Last edited:

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
@WintermintP Everytime Wat tweets, it seems like he writes at least 3 posts several minutes apart. I'm not really sure the best way to organize all the tweets, so if anyone has any suggestions on post formats, go ahead.

Retweet #1:
This is what the "Russian-language MC" was referring to:
6/17 I will perform in Star of Asia held in Kazakhstan. Все участники – Star of Asia Almaty.kz

Tweet #1:
This time is an experiment experiment... (repeat)
Note:
People think the eyes look like it's related to Pinocchio-P and could be used for the Kazakstan concert. Wat said earlier Crypton wanted to make original models for certain Vocaloid producers, so it's likely.

Tweet #2:
...This whole year, it feels like we're implementing various ideas that seem able to be generalized in the near future. (Note: Generalization = taking something specific and applying it more broadly.) The processing technology for use with Shin○lion is also continually being updated. (Task management is on the verge of death ♬)
Note:
I think by generalization, he means what they learn from the various projects they're currently doing (like making Miku talk for Shinkalion and new motion capture technology for upcoming concerts and Vocaloid producer collabs) can be used for other projects in the future.

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
I got behind on some tweets, was too tired out the last few days to post them as they appeared.

Star of Asia tweet #1:
...While talking back and forth with the Kazakhstan staff, we're in the middle of tuning a rap now.
(This was at about 10 pm the night before the Star of Asia performance.)

Star of Asia tweet #2:

The stage. As the camera person walks closer, you can see little Miku performing in the middle.

For more specific news on PinocchioP + Miku's Kazakhstan performance, check out @ZAR-PARTY 's thread: Hatsune Miku & PinocchioP @ Star of Asia in Kazakhstan

Miku 3D model tweet #1:
After this, after 2 STV-related videos go up, it is planned that Miku''s CG model will be updated a little.
Note:
STV = Sapporo Television Broadcasting.

Mirai Fes tweet #1:
(The way [Miku] speaks in STV's 2nd video might have some mixed reception... However, the next step is a valuable thing, so...)

Notable reply #1:

MongelP:
By the way, are there plans for an advance notice for the radio?
crypton_wat:
Currently tuning it~
Note:
I assume an advance notice for the radio = a radio ad for the Mirai Fes event, since STV = a radio station.

Mirai Fes rewteet #1:
39 days until #DosankoMiraiFes! With that said, there's a message from HatsuneMiku-san~~~!!! What, Miku-san in Kazakhstan!? #stv
Miku says "Mirai Fes made, ato san juu kuyu nichi! (There are 39 days left until Mirai Fes!)".
Note:
Miku's tag on her shirt says 見習い minarai (apprentice / trainee). What could it mean?

Mirai Fes tweet info:
This is the tweet that was embedded in the previous tweet:
39 days until #DosankoMiraiFes!! The event in Kazakhstan has ended. Here is a video letter from #HatsuneMiku. We are preparing a special collab stage with STV and Hatsune Miku that you can only see here on July 28th (Saturday). Look forward to it!! どさんこみらいフェス|STV創立60周年
If you go to this page on their site, way at the bottom is a picture of Miku. The schedule is as follows:
STVラジオステージ
STV Radio Stage
27日(金)に特別番組「キミの夢、応援しますスペシャル」の生放送、
Live broadcast of "Your dream, I will help SPECIAL" on 27th (Friday)
28日(土)に「ログイン!よる☆PA夏休みSP feat.初音ミク」の公開収録!!
"Login! Night ☆ PA Summer vacation SP feat. Hatsune Miku" compilation open to the public on the 28th (Saturday)!!

Last edited:

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
Oldest is first, newest is last.

AMAZON ALEXA retweet #1:
Hatsune Miku blog update [Other (Notices)] Amazon Alexa Skill "Hey MIKU!" now supports the speaker with screen attached "Amazon Echo Spot"! Link #HatsuneMiku

MIRAI FES retweet #1:
July 28th (Saturday) #STVradio / Hatsune Miku appears formally on "Login! Night ☆ PA" (ログイン!よる☆PA / LOGIN! Yoru☆PA aka yorupa)! The dialogue and mini live with announcer Fujii are must-sees! And #STV #RookieNewscaster!? Hatsune Miku's original collab goods will also be sold at #DosanMiraiFes's venue. And after the event's unfolding is a large focus!
NOTE:
I believe PA = Public Address (speech to the general public)
Koutarou Fujii (藤井 孝太郎) is his full name.
I guess the tag on her chest saying 見習い minarai (apprentice / trainee) means she's the rookie newscaster.

WHAT MIKU IS SAYING:
She's hard to understand for me, so I couldn't get everything (she sounds like a VHS being fast-forwarded). But here is the gist.
Totsuzen desu ga, koko de o-shirase desu!
It's sudden, but here is an announcement.
STV souritsu ? IBENTO Dosanko Mirai Fes ga, shiigatsu ni juu shichi nichi, ni-juu-hachi nichi ni, Iwamizawa kouen de kaisai-saremasu.
STV organized event ? Dosanko Mirai Fes will be held at Iwamizawa Park on July 27th and 28th.
? shokubutsu ga tanoshii ? (wow, sorry, I have no clue)
(something about plant life and fun)
Soshite, SUTEEJI IBENTO ni wa, STV ANAUNSAA dake de naku, ? san ? watashi, Hatsune Miku no SUPESHARU ? yotei-sarete-imasu.
And the stage event is, not just as an STV announcer. There are plans for (what I think are people's names with -san after them) me, Hatsune Miku ? special. (Probably Live broadcast of "Your dream, I will help SPECIAL" on 27th (Friday))
Kuwashiku wa HOMU PEEJI o goran kudasai!
Look at the homepage for details!

TEXT ON THE VIDEO:
0:00
Hatsune Miku / STV News
Horse's stomach: Do (he's the mascot for Dosanko)
0:04
※ This is a notice from STV.
This summer, Iwamizawa (岩見沢) is hot!
NEWS / Search with "Dosanko Mirai Fes"

WHAT IS YORUPA?:
I looked up yorupa's page on STV Radio and there are apparently 2 ways to listen in, but the radio cloud version is Japan-only. Hopefully we can hear it from this Podcast section.
It airs 8-9 pm.
It's a show aimed at otaku (manga, idols, etc = the topics of the show).

MIKU TUNING tweet #1:
...changed the tuning method again yesterday, so next is to make the accent a little clearer again, and we will consider the rough feeling as decreased --> RT

MIKU TUNING tweet #2:
Since yesterday we are implementing a tuning method, which is able to precisely control accent and intonation, and it's unimaginably good compared to before... finally!

MIKU TUNING tweet #3:
This technique/method is expected to be able to add to an existing Vocaloid Producer's inputted [notes] with an arbitrary ratio as an element component...! (As our demo tests, we plan to have an information voice related to NE☆DAY☆ be used)
NOTES:
打ち込み uchi-komi is when you input notes (MIDI in a DAW or Vocaloid notes), I don't know what it's called in English.
NE○DAY○ is censored with marus (circles), which it made it look like "neo da yo", so I censored it with stars to be less confusing. Maybe it means "NEW DAYS"? No one in the comments knew what it meant, possibly a collab?

This tweet is very cryptic, but it sounds like he's talking about how the new Append works in terms of tuning (being able to add a component (like DYN or something) to the notes you already inputted--VocaListener won't let you use an existing VSQ when you want to tune a VSQ (it overwrites them), so maybe Crypton's Vocaloid-esque plug-in adds tuning information to the complete untuned VSQ you currently have without having to start over).

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
Tweets are oldest to newest.

Wat knows about Synthesizer V [Retweet #1]:
Video where cillia-san tried out a new vocal generator called "Synthesizer V". The "Tension" parameter changes the strength of the voice, which is cool and valuable. A design that can easily change from a soft voice to a voice with power.
Wat retweeted a tweet about cillia's Synthesizer V SILENCE cover! :eek: Congratulations! :agree:
To read more about SynthV, check out @uchuu 's thread: Synthesizer V Discussion Thread

Wat alludes to parameters being automatically drawn for you [Tweet #1]:
Testing since last week, "new tuning method" = things like the voice being emphasized with accent and intonation for a method that gives easy listenabililty, confirmed effective with a male voice like Kaito's and also for very fast songs. If I don't hurry with the parameter's automatic drawing, me getting tendonitis easily is the only flaw*.
* "The only flaw" = 玉にキズ tama ni kizu = JP: scratch on the furface of a jewel / ENG: fly in the ointment (a flaw that spoils something as a whole). So he's meaning that if he doesn't hurry and finish tuning, the only flaw in the otherwise perfect automatic tuning is his own physical flaw of being susceptible to getting tendonitis. *coughhumblebragcough*

Something related to Vocaloid + club [Retweet #1]

This video seems nonsensical, but it's the first out of 2 tweets connected to ボカクラ BOKA KURA (Vocaloid club scene: it seems like they like to drink and are Miku obsessed guys who basically live at the club). The person in the video is サイリウムP (PSYlliumP) (will be mentioned again in next tweet).

Something related to Vocaloid + club [Tweet #2]
There was an example of just the right ultrafast singing lol Like this makes listening comprehension easier. > RT
I don't know what he means by "there was" (makes it seem like it's gone now). But the noteable comment is why I'm bringing this up (in addition to him being on the prowl for fast songs related to Vocaloid rap and fast songs for the automatic tuning + Append business).

Noteable reply:
nokky: PSYlliumP from BOKURA-zei (Vocaloid clubber) lol Could it be that he has caught your attention, wat-san... lol
Wat doesn't (re)tweet things on accident, surely it's a collab of some sort?

Miku's 3D model tweaked [Tweet #1]:
[Work memo] The model we will gradually starting using next month (thanks creator tumidango) / After September it will be good if we can use various models on a case by case basis / ...This spread/scattering is part of an experiment this year.
tumidango = makes models for Miku Miku Dance (Wat follows them on Twitter)
Maybe Crypton will finally give out an official MMD model?!
I think her eyelashes seem bluer than before and she has line art now. See this tweet to compare:

Wat hip hop reference [Tweet #1]:
[Work memo] MICHITA-san provided a track, it is also planned to also make a hip hop track available to the public after half a month currently being produced with pinoko-san. The piano melody is beautiful and entrancing / At the same time, the bossa nova plan is behind schedule which is risky*...
* I'm never sure how to translate "yabai". It's used when you shouldn't be doing something or it's dangerous or just shocking (like "Oh snap!").
Michita = Hokkaido musician (Crypton HQ is in Sapporo, Hokkaido). It seems he makes instrumentals and does collabs for the vocal part.
pinoko = female rapper/singer.
Maybe the hip hop and bossa nova are part of the medley for Miku Symphony (it's supposed to have Miku singing 50 songs from various eras of music)?

Meiko, Kaito, Luka 3D models [Tweet #1]:
Er, I forgot to mention, but MEIKO/KAITO's [3D] models are planned to be done before the year ends... Luka's is done already.
Still no mention of Rin and Len's.

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
Thanks. I forgot all about that. (I also didn't know about this "new" Miku model being used for other stuff for the longest time, too, since I never kept up on the events, her model is even at the start of that video you linked to). Those Rin and Len models also have line art around them. Were Luka/Meiko/Kaito not in the symphony? *wanna see their models, too*

Move->Forward

🔹🔷🔹🔷🔹
Mar 25, 2018
Were Luka/Meiko/Kaito not in the symphony? *wanna see their models, too*
I think for the 2017 one, it was only Miku, Rin and Len, but perhaps for this year they all will make an appearance, especially if the others' models are done before then!
Since Teto seems to also be a part of this year's, I wonder if she'll have a model, too, but they could do something different for her.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)