• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Other Cryptonloid voicebank updates, collabs, & concert news (crypton_wat Twitter translations)

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
I... adore her? Like it feels like if Miku V2 had the functionality and some of the sound of V1. It's very obviously a prototype, but I'm not disappointed in the slightest. Looking forward to seeing how people use her!

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
When you first run NT, you have to link your Sonicwire account to active it, so you need to be online for that. After that's done, it doesn't matter if you're online. NT can check for updates each time you launch.

There is an operation manual if you go to Help > Operation Manual (it's saved as a file on your computer and opens it in your browser).
nt2.png

You can export as a .wav, VOCALOID 3 file, or VOCALOID 4 file. Unfortunately, nothing happens (no pop-ups) when I click to export as VOCALOID file, so that part of the software doesn't seem finished. WAV works, though.

You can import as many WAV, aif, aiff (whatever those 2 are), mp3 files as you want.
nt1.png
You can also import a .vsq, .vsqx, MIDI.

You can tune the screams. Have to press the blue power button to make the screams audible, if the button is grey, the voice isn't converted to screams. You can only pick one scream type per track.

You can't drag regions out of one track and onto another. Actually, you can't even draw green regions anymore. They only appear automatically when you draw a note, so you can't change the length of them or add multiple regions per track. You have to make a new track if you want a new region.

When you add parameters, it makes a loading bar appear in the sound waves before it is changed to reflect the new tuning:
nt3.png

I will try to tune some song clips later today.

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
Looking in Program Files > Crypton, there are some data files that seem to hint there will be a Chinese interface. The docs show dialogue pop-ups, there is an English and Japanese one, and 2 blank files called zh_cn and zh_tw, which I believe = zhongwen (Chinese)_Chinese (as in simplified characters) and zhongwen (Chinese)_Taiwanese (as in traditional characters).

They have the old female and male icons. Does that mean we will be able to put 3rd party vocals in here like Vocaloids?
nt4.png

You can't change the icon of Miku NT, but they do have extra icons.
nt5.png

Icons for the other NTs:
nt6.png

Icons for languages? Could this be for the Piapro interface or maybe even voice banks? Funny how these are all the languages of past Vocaloids.
nt7.png

Will post more in a bit. This one is getting too long.

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
Some of these icons I have no clue what they are for or if they are remnants of the older Piapro (they have icons for "Piapro for NT" and "Piapro for V4X"). But it's fun to look around in the folders and put on our tinfoil hats.

Little icon that looks like Miku's V2 called "vcld":
nt8.jpg

Icons for activation keys and even Vocaloid for Cubase ("voc"):
nt9.png

It looks like we will be getting MIDI keyboard support in the future and an "ambience" button (whatever that means, but it looks like the current NOTE and PITCH button on the upper right of Piapro Studio). And it looks like we will be able to import custom "wallpapers" on the piano roll.
nt10.png

nt11.png

There is a folder dedicated to EVEC:
nt12.png

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
You can export as a .wav, VOCALOID 3 file, or VOCALOID 4 file.
You can also import a .vsq, .vsqx, MIDI.
Cool! Really happy that it seems like we'll be able to import/export .vsqxs (Same as Vocaloid 4 file, right?). That was one of the features they said might come back earlier, so I'm really glad they put it in. That will make working with other synths or old songs much easier.

You can import as many WAV, aif, aiff (whatever those 2 are), mp3 files as you want.
Interesting that Piapro NT allows import of external sound files also, like V5 does. There must be a movement to make the singer editor programs somewhat more DAW-independent. Makes more sense given that it can be a standalone program, though.

You can't change the icon of Miku NT, but they do have extra icons.
Interesting to see the old icons. CFM seems to bundle all their art together, though--I have icons for basically all the Cryptonloids, though I only own a few of them. So it could mean something or nothing.

Little icon that looks like Miku's V2 called "vcld":
This icon in particular I remember from the "Vocaloid" menu under "Settings" in Piapro for V4X.

Really excited!

Last edited:

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
Now drawing wiggles and jaggies is faster than ever before (trying to get them to draw what you want is very hard, because the shape changes depending on the direction you drag it):
nt13.png

There are two huge folders with screenshots showing tutorial images for Miku Chinese V4 mixed with tutorial images for Miku NT. I think they might update Miku Chinese's Piapro? Or let us put Miku Chinese in NT?
Looking in this folder, I see that Miku Chinese has/will have (not sure because I don't own it) an Ambience button on the lower right corner.

There is a folder for "articulation" that contains text for both NT and V4X EVEC.
There are also files for the menus in Japanese, English, and Chinese, but the Chinese ones actually have text unlike the empty files I mentioned before.

Japanese users report the software having bugs and being slow. I haven't had problems yet, but the files I made were extremely short.

>>Can anyone tell me if the VST version of Piapro is not ready yet? I couldn't find it in FL Studio or Studio One.<<

You can draw directly on the piano roll to tune:
nt_1.png

You can literally have all of the tuning show up stacked (I liked how you could see 2 parameters in Vocaloid Editor, but having all of them stacked in NT is even better):
nt_2.png

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Now drawing wiggles and jaggies is faster than ever before (trying to get them to draw what you want is very hard, because the shape changes depending on the direction you drag it)
Interesting--that "peak" shape you're using is new.

(Not sure if this is what you meant, and I'm sure you know already, depending on if you usually use Piapro V4X or a different editor, but the curve tool, at least, changes direction depending on if you start at the top/bottom, at least in V4X.)

>>Can anyone tell me if the VST version of Piapro is not ready yet? I couldn't find it in FL Studio or Studio One.<
Is it in the folder with your other VSTs? That might be one way to check.

It's neat to see some of the features people have been asking for (drawing on piano roll, stacked view of tuning parameters) getting included.

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
The VST version of piapro studio is only gonna be in the final release
View attachment 3400
Thanks!

Interesting--that "peak" shape you're using is new.

(Not sure if this is what you meant, and I'm sure you know already, depending on if you usually use Piapro V4X or a different editor, but the curve tool, at least, changes direction depending on if you start at the top/bottom, at least in V4X.)
Here is a video of all 3 new tools:

Reactions: Cookiez

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
Does it annoy anyone else how unsettlingly CLOSE to the edge these hotkeys are?! Tangents, much?!
annoying.png
Especially if you compare it to the white space on the left side.

Like, look at this superior arrangement of hotkey to white space ratio:
lessannoying.png

When I load a MIDI, the play bar won't work anymore by pressing space bar, so I have to use the play button on the bottom left. Really annoying and takes longer to test what I did.
:ring_ani_lili:

I HATE the "head" and "tail" on each note. It's confusing and makes you question where the notes start/end. The light grey = the actual MIDI note, the medium grey head/tail are velocity or something. I wish they would change the head/tail to not be grey, because it makes me stare at the notes for a long time trying to figure out what I'm looking at even though I'm the one who created the MIDI file and imported it to begin with. 🙃
tail.png

I guess based on Wat's new tweet, there's no vibrato in NT right now and he said they will fix that right away.

Reactions: Wario94 and Cookiez

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Here is a video of all 3 new tools:
Thank you!

I think the curve tool works basically how I remember it, though it seems like maybe placement of the ending point might be a little more flexible than it was before--like with the way the curve changes to underhand/overhand when you move above/below the start point. I could very easily be imagining that, though.

That peak tool seems like it could be tricky to get the hang of. Once you get it, it could be useful for avoiding having to make two curves match up against each other, though.

Could be wrong about this, too, but I don't think Piapro V4X would glue the different shapes together the way they do in NT. For example, when you draw one shape over the top of where other shapes were, it looks like it's basically overwriting the older shapes/merging them together automatically. That could be good or maybe annoying, depending on what you're trying to do and how well it can guess what you're trying to do. Might be one of those things you have to get familiar with in order to work with it well.

Also, I just realized the potential importance of having to log into your Sonicwire account when you first use the program! This may finally, finally mean we don't have to have the nerve-wracking register-your-HD-and-pray-against-HD-issues-or-an-OS-failure authorization system! :kaito_move::kaito_move: :kaito_move: :kaito_move: :kaito_move:

Caprice

New Fan
Apr 8, 2018
I installed NT. Miku can't quite yet handle phoneme editing too well. Examples are as follows:
[a i] - silence
[a s] - silence
[s t a] - "sa"
[ s ] - "ss"

Last edited:
Reactions: Cookiez

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
I installed NT. Miku can't quite yet handle phoneme editing too well. Examples are as follows:
[a i] - silence
[a s] - silence
[s t a] - "sa"
[ s ] - "ss"
The Japanese side of Twitter was complaining about the phonemes and that it would be hard to do Engrish with Miku NT how it is now. I think I have to do more tests.

I am kind of freaking out about this:

Nathan: Will there be a full release of "Cherry Pie"?
Wat: There currently aren't plans, but depending on demand I think I can consider it.
I replied asking if it was wrong to assume that NT would get the Cherry Pie effector based on the Labopton BLOG and collabs, songs, commercials, and that it is actually different software. I am upset... I preordered NT for Cherry Pie and if it's not included... AHHHHG. I hope Wat replies...

Sep 21, 2019
I think you can still order it; Sonicwire says it's "now available."
Oh, thank goodness! I’ll have to order next time I can!

Also, on a side note, I scrolled up to some earlier posts and saw that you can draw pitchbends directly on the piano roll, and needless to say my UTAU loving self is very happy about that! Haha!
(Now I won’t have to struggle with pitchbends, lol!)

Reactions: mobius017

phantoCrystal

New Fan
Feb 13, 2019
Holy HELL, I feel so mixed but at the same time... Wow! So it seems that, with good tuning, you can get really good results.. Otherwise, there are issues, but it's not that bad! I think releasing a prototype was good, so people could share feedback that needs to be fixed!
Remember that newdays rap that they made likely with NT? Was that all stuff in engine like we have? And if all the "talkloid" stuff was done with cherry pie and we don't get it.. Hm. Also, there have been some really high quality sounding 'demos' of what we can only assume are alpha versions of NT posted way earlier in the thread (from events and such), so I'm... hopeful that more things are added to make people happy.

REDD

Aspiring Fan
May 19, 2020
Looks pretty good in terms of the software itself so far (aside from the bugs and lack of certain features, but that's to be expected)
i can't wait to hear what you guys make with it!!

Also, on the note of the icons and assets from older Piapros and Vocaloids, i don't know if that means that Piapro NT is going to support older Vocaloids.
In order for that to happen, Piapro would need to have the Vocaloid synthesis engine inside it still somewhere. That legally can't happen if Crypton is moving away from Vocaloid. (unless i'm out of the loop and Crypton has made some sort of arrangement with Yamaha for their new synth engine to have Vocaloid compatibility in which case disregard this im dumb) I'm guessing the reason those assets are still in this version of Piapro is because they either haven't removed them yet, or they were put there so they could test certain functions.

Reactions: mobius017

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
I'm very curious about the technical details of the voice files itself.
Like, how big are the new voice banks and such.
@Nezuh: I'm not sure exactly how accurately this predicts the size of the voice files, but here are some figures:

Full compressed bundle from Sonicwire (same size uncompressed)2.5 GB
Hatsune Miku NT Installer*1.2 GB
Piapro Studio NT Installer*42.5 MB

*Two copies of these installers are included, one for English and one for Japanese. So doubling them gets you close to the 2.5 GB total; the last 15 MB go to a few other miscellaneous files.

So, I'm not sure how closely it matches up to the actual VB size, but the installer for Miku herself is 1.2 GB. I don't think the installation manual says anything about needing an internet connection during installation itself (from which it might download additional files), so this should hopefully be a good guess.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)