• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Filled/Closed Cul 10th anniversary collab!

___

Oct 8, 2019
We're still privately sorting out the situation with the number of illustrators and tuners but to not keep people in the dark we'd like to inform you how we'd like to proceed with the collab very soon!

For the song we'll be covering we'd like to give people room for suggestions, all the participants will be able to suggest as many as they'd like as long as they'll follow the rules ( no explicit 18+ content and said songs must have official instrumentals ), after certain period of time, several will be hand picked by us and we'll host a private poll for the participants to vote in!

We hope to announce the participants very soon and that's when we'll be able to proceed.

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Alright, time to announce our team! We apologize in advance if you expressed interest and weren't chosen. We ultimately had many more illustrators than tuners apply, so we had to keep the numbers even. Thank you for your understanding, and we appreciate you all!

With that, our CUL Collab Crew is as follows:

Tuners:
@PSX
@Cerāgi <º•
@Mika
@morrysillusion
@luwo

Illustrators:
@pico
@Mika
@morrysillusion
@MillyAqualine
@GreenFantasy64

Now for Phase 2: choosing our song! Team members will be able to recommend songs based on the following criteria:
  • Nothing 18+ (suggestive is fine, but if the lyrics wouldn't be out of place in one of Masa Works Design's songs, maybe pass on it for this one)
  • Must have an official instrumental track (preferably a direct download from the producer's Piapro or similar sites, but so long as it can be found on Nico or YouTube it's fair game. No instrumental reconstructions, because that can get disorganized and messy quickly when working with a team!)
  • Multi-Part: We'd love for you to recommend songs that are multi-part, or at the very least not solos! That said, this isn't a strict requirement. You're still welcome to recommend solos

Don't hold back with your suggestions: the more, the merrier! The contribution period will end on September 27at 11:59 PM CST (this is flexible since the three of us organizing this collab are all in different parts of the globe, so if we get some submissions that are a few hours late we'll still consider them!). We three will look over all of the recommendations and hand-pick ones we feel will do well as a collaborative piece, at which point we'll hold a poll to decide on the final selection.

We look forward to hearing from our CUL Collab Crew! Congratulations, and bring on those song suggestions! ✨:cul_smile_lili:✨

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
morrysillusion.wixsite.com
dont know if these are the best suggestions in terms of songs that can be broken up easily but! heres some songs that kinda stand out to me as possibly good CUL songs:
  1. アイ情劣等生 by kairiki bear
  2. Becoming Potatoes by neru (has two singers, itd be easy to break up because of that too)
  3. IMAWANOKIWA by Iyowa (instrumental exists but wasnt linked in description, its here)
  4. Parade of Mediocre People by KurageP
  5. 狂者の行進 by 164
I think thats all i will suggest for now! tried to find stuff that wasnt crazy obscure or super depressing in general. maybe ill come back to add more if its needed...

Cerāgi <º•

Passionate Fan
Dec 5, 2019
Italy
Mhh, songs I’d suggest would be
- Steppër by halyosy (it’s already multi-part, and I think it’d suit Cul’s energetic voice quite decently :cul_smile_lili:)
- WORLD'S END UMBRELLA by ハチ (the song has various “sections”, which could be used to assign the different parts; also, it’s quite long, and everyone could have its spotlight ^^)

I’ll try to search up for more songs after Uni/in these days though!

MillyAqualine

Hardcore Fan
Apr 11, 2018
Here are some songs that could be nice with CUL's voice and even be a challenge (as in, stepping slightly a bit from her comfort zone) ^^

- Iridescent Disco by phantom (even includes a link to the instrumental on their google drive) ; I think it'd fit her energetic and slight cutesy ring and it'd be fun to hear her in Engrish or attempting to sing in other languages~
- One Room Disco by Perfume - a classic that could be nice too (and be a challenge considering how soft the singers' voices can go at times) + couldn't find an instrumental link other than here
- MitchieM's iconic AiDee very energetic yet still a bit groovy
- Tsugai Kogarashi by sigosite-P - pretty much covered a dozen of times at least, but a new take could possibly be cool and could only find the instrumental here, on YouTube (there's also a remaster released two years ago but I didn't check yet if there's a way to DL that version's instrumental or not)
- Tricolor Airline by Atsuzo-kun - is a solo but can be split into parts ovo (and can be a challenge on making CUL sing in a softer, sweeter way too (= ^p^= ) ) Instrumental found on YT
- ROKI by MikitoP, a bit spunkier lyrics-wise but could fit too }

And then sadly it's a solo and it may have been covered yet dozen of times with her, but niki's FLARE would be epic too ^q^

pico

robot enjoyer
Sep 10, 2020
Woo-hoo!

There are too many songs I like that might fit, so here are just a couple.

For some reason I think Q by shiinamota would be a really cool choice. This is a solo, but... c'mon, I had to suggest a song from my favorite producer. :) The instrumental is here.

What about Nee Nee Nee by Pinocchio-P? It's a very recent release, it's very well known, and isn't a solo. The instrumental is here.

Mika

crying over Rune Factory 6
Jul 5, 2018
Germany
I'm on mobile right now so adding links is a pain, I'll do that later. Edit: added the links

I would recommend some of FuwariP/ふわりP's songs! They tend to be group songs and always have a happy and nostalgic feeling to them, making them perfect for a birthday collab! I would especially think about looking at:

- Amega Fureba
- Shadabida
- Uchu-no Fantasy
- Kyoumo Harebare

Last edited:

peaches2217

Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Alright everyone, it's Big Announcement Time!

The three of us hosting this event narrowed your selections down to our personal Top 6, then we held two private polls for our CUL Collab Crew to decide which they wanted to work on most of those six (one to narrow the options down, one as a tiebreaker). After a very, very, very close race, our CUL Collab song has been decided by a slim margin: We'll be covering Perfume's One Room Disco!

CW: VIDEO CONTAINS STROBING LIGHTS

1633315428740.png1633315439839.png

We want to thank everyone for their suggestions! There was such a nice variety, and that made even narrowing it down to the initial six difficult. Y'all have amazing taste in music.

So what now?

Well now we get started, of course! Illustrators can get to work right away, but tuners will have to wait a short bit. This song doesn't appear to have a VSQ/UST/MIDI, so we'll be making one from scratch. Luckily, yours truly can breeze through custom VSQs given enough metal, Dr. Pepper, and sheer willpower, so that wait shouldn't be long at all! We'll be keeping in touch via the private messages and will send the file out in VSQx/VPR format as soon as it's complete.

First things first, we'll start with a reminder of the rules:
Guidelines for tuners:
  • If you don’t own Cul don’t worry! Cul has a trial avalibe here that also comes with tiny V3 editor, alternatively, I and luwo are willing to render her for you! Don’t be afraid to hit us up in regards to that!​
  • We only accept vsq/vsqx/vprs tuned in Vocaloid itself, alternate formats such as usts and svps are not accepted as they’d require extensive clean-ups on our end and at that point it wouldn’t even be your tuning.​
  • If you own Cul, got someone else to render her for you or want to further edit Cul’s voice in other softwares after us rendering her for you then send us a wav file of your finsihed tuning by deadline ( TBA ).​
Guidelines for illustrators:
  • Draw picture of Cul in the A4 format ( 2480x3508 pixels ) with transparent background.​
  • Both canon and alternate designs are accepted! You’re in fact encouraged to make one up ( withing reason, no nudity and such haha )!​
  • Traditional art is accepted as long as you can scan it or take good quality photo of it and edit it to have transparent background.​
  • No tracing or copying of other illustrations ( that of course doesn’t doesn’t apply to referencing photos or using 3D models and photos provided for such purposes, we just don’t want you tracing over Miku’s broken shoulders V2 art :LOL: ).​
  • Provide a sketch once you have one ( necessary for PV ).​
And I'll add onto this with some additional information, now that we're getting our ducks in something resembling a row!

For Illustrators:
  • You can begin right away, following Patuk's guidelines.
  • Sketches are to be sent to @patuk by October 18.
    • Don't panic, we're not expecting a full-blown reference sheet! Just give us a very basic, rough sketch that will roughly adhere to what you're planning for the end product, in the size, style, and parameters specified in the above rules post. These sketches will act as stand-ins as she works on creating the PV.
  • Final illustrations will be due November 30.
For Tuners:
  • You will each be assigned a portion of the song to tune, and will receive the necessary files for said portion as soon as we're able to get them to you.
  • As a reminder, CUL has a free trial, which you can access here. We're not asking you to drop $80 on her (though we do recommend it, she's a good girl. Coincidentally, she's $55 now through October 14th.).
  • If you need help with tuning, either in general or with CUL, or just want feedback as a whole, PM me, @patuk, or @luwo. We're enthusiastic dorks that are eager to help in whatever way we can!
  • Tentative deadline for your final submissions will also be November 30, with an extra day added for each day it takes to get the VSQ complete. (So if I finish it by October 8, for example, you would have until December 5.)

We'll be checking up with each member of our CUL Collab Crew periodically to ask how it's coming, if any help is needed, all the works. Don't hesitate to ask if you have any further questions. And with that, we look forward to what y'all will do!

Last edited:

pico

robot enjoyer
Sep 10, 2020
Just submitted my sketch! I just wanted to say that I was super happy One Room Disco won, I never would've thought to suggest a Perfume song. I tried to draw a futuristic CUL that preserved her original style. I'm looking forward to working more on my illustration and seeing everything come together.

___

Oct 8, 2019
And we're really happy about that thank you 😭 I saw it and you did really good job!

And this feels like a good time to mention that we won't be publishing your wips and will only be showcasing the finished product but all the participants are free to share them on their own accord :maki_lili: :tsurumaki_lili:

Reactions: MillyAqualine

peaches2217

Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Well, after months of effort and organization, here we are. It's honestly even more lovely than I had hoped. I may have cried a little when I saw the final product, but y'all didn't hear that from me.

Ah, I'm so proud! Patuk, Luwo, and I want to sincerely thank everyone who participated and made this possible. We want to thank you both for your contributions and for your patience; of course, this was our first attempt at organizing a collab, but even when we lost track of deadlines and files and by "we" I mean "I", y'all were on top of things. We couldn't have asked for a better CUL Collab Crew!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)