• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

CeVIO Deep-learning-based CeVIO further in development

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
Good lord the harmonisation sounds wonderful. Typically with voice synths I sometimes feel raw harmonisation can sound kinda rough without any sort of effects but CeVIO Pro seems to handle it super well. I hope we get a full demo one of these days.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
With all the CeVIO-related promotions/sales going on recently (first, second, third), I have to feel like the updated engine might get released in the near-ish future. Sort of a similar tactic to CFM's sale on CFM 'loids before the announcement of Piapro NT. Though if you accept that line of thought, it might make you want to hold off on actually availing yourself of those sales and just wait for the update, no?

Reactions: uncreepy

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
I wouldn't read much into it. CeVIO run sales basically as frequently as Zero-G, there's a pretty high chance that they mean nothing. I wouldn't worry too much about holding off on buying CeVIO though, as I remember it when they changed over to CCS from the original CeVIO it was either a straight-up free upgrade or a heavily discounted price, and they'll probably do the same again. If you want it, I'd take advantage of the sale.

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
I think it's probably more banter than anything, don't believe anything til an official announcement. It would be neat to see some VOICEROID characters get singing voices, though.

Reactions: kozet and uncreepy

Prism

Enthusiast
Jul 18, 2019
I wonder if there will be market overlap though since cevio has a talking function.

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
People who want to work with CeVIO have to pay once to develop a talk voice and pay again to develop a song voice, so it's expensive. (As in, you don't throw money at them and get both.) If they already have a talk voice with VOICEROID, there is no reason to pay CeVIO to make a talk voice again. (Plus, CeVIO and VOICEROID are very similar in function.) So if Tsuina really did get a CeVIO voice, it would only be a song voice.

Reactions: xuu

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
To add to that, I don't think there's been any news about updates to the Talk engine in CeVIO Pro. Instead, they seem to be focusing almost entirely on singing and just updating CS7 with improvements to the Talk engine. We don't know anything yet of course, but it could be the case that CeVIO focuses on Song voices from now on.

Reactions: uncreepy

frankensalad

Passionate Fan
Feb 27, 2019
I'm OK with Cevio being "focused" on singing voices since that's kind of the main thing that draws me to vocal synths in the first place, but I would still be disappointed if the Cevio talk feature ever went away. Having the ability to easily make a vocal synth talk is handy for music production since not all vocalization in music is singing.

Reactions: kozet

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
Fumito Fumizuki shared information from the Voice Connect event about new CEVIO.
(Note: I Photoshopped out some of the replies so only the most important details remained.)

voiceconnect.jpg

Sort of related, but Amano Kei was speculating about new CeVIO and it looks like he was right.

Huh, speaking of which, will Akasaki Minato come out on CeVIO AI? Someone important, tell me

Didn't Techno-Speech say third parties (XING Inc. [The company that started JOYSOUND]) will basically not update?
When I think about it, the possibility of a new male voice being introduced to the market soon for CeVIO AI & Pro is zero, isn't it.
Wow, thanks for breaking my heart in two, Techno-Speech. Oh, and no IA English. Wowee.

Edit:
voiceconnect2.png

(As a side note, I've talked to Oura before through email. He really is the big wig.)

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
Okay, so the difference between CeVIO AI is it's standalone, CeVIO Pro is a VST. DTM Station says in this article:
社長である大浦さんにお伺いしたところ
「CeVIO Proとは別のもので、スタンドアロンで動作する歌声合成ソフトです。もちろん従来のCeVIOの新バージョンというわけでもなく、別製品として発売します。動作環境はWindowsになりますが、まだ正確な発売日程や価格なども決まっておりません。詳細が決まりしだい、またお知らせいたします」とのこと。

The company president, Oura said "CeVIO Pro is a different thing, it's a standalone singing synthesis software. Of course, it's not that it's a new version of the CeVIO we've had until now, it is going to be sold as a special product version.

[Note: Us and Fumito Fumizuki were all confused, it sounds like CeVIO Pro is a VST, it's somewhere between AI and CS7. Also, it sounds like AI is almost ready, but the VST Pro is not.]

The operating system will be Windows, but as of now, we haven't decided on an exact sales date. As soon as the details are decided on, we will announce it.

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
Well that's pretty awful. IA English was the voice I was most hyped for on CeVIO AI considering how... not fun her current version is to use. ONE won't be on there too... I'll probably pick up flower and Yukari anyway, but I'm really disappointed in this.

That means that the vocals not coming up are:

1st PLACE:
ONE, IA English

XING, Inc.:
Akasaki Minato, Midorizaki Kasumi, Ginsaki Yamato, Kinzaki Koharu, Shirosaki Yuudai, Kizaki Airi, HAL-O-ROID

Not including Takahashi and Suzuki Tsudumi Talk, who I pray will at least come up with Sasara. Synthesizer V stays the way to go.

Twillby

Longtime Listener
Apr 8, 2018
US
Why the fudge did they bother making those samples of IA English on the new engine if they weren't going to update her? That's what I want to know. I feel kind of misled. I'm probably going to be in denial until it actually comes out (luckily SynthV's proven even more promising than I expected because if it hadn't I might be devastated enough to quit following synth development altogether)

Last edited:

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
I saw that part but just assumed IA English would at least be released at a later time... it's really irritating that they're just releasing the Talk vocals. RIP to IA English, stuck rotting on my hard drive for another 2 years.

There's actually a decent amount of... misleading stuff I've heard about Techno-Speech honestly. We'll have to wait and see for the final result since they've been very oddly avoiding uploading a high quality demonstration of CeVIO AI in use.

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
This disappointment has made me wonder if 1st Place is either planning to move their singing banks to other engines, or have just stopped caring about the singing side of their characters altogether. :confused:

Reactions: ___ and peaches2217

Prism

Enthusiast
Jul 18, 2019
So do we know for a fact ia English isn't coming or are they still working on her because she is another language.

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
There's no reason she would take longer, especially considering they used her DB to demonstrate the engine in the first place. In fact, Techno-Speech explicitly said that Japanese, English, Chinese and French were supported. IA English isn't coming in 2020 for sure. There's a chance that they're deliberately holding off until their anniversary to do it (IA 8th / ONE 5th) but it doesn't really make sense for them to do that either.

Prism

Enthusiast
Jul 18, 2019
Maybe it's they don't want focus on the English infrastructure like selling and distributing when it seems like they are trying to get the Japanese line up ready they are having an English launch later. I don't know but Didn't they also have a Chinese voice too?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)