• Hello Guest, recently a massive leak of e-mails and passwords ocurred on the internet. Please read more in here to see if you have been compromised.
  • Bookmarks are back! Read more in here.

EmVoice

cocoacacao

New Fan
Apr 8, 2018
Interesting..... But does it have phoneme editing? I heard that SynthV doesn't, which was disappointing. IMO it's a necessity for English vocal synths.
it does! she pronounces things extremely well and naturally without editing. synthv supports phoneme editing too though! the range and stuff like importing/exporting sort of sucks (as in it doesn't exist)

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Relaying some info from the email newsletter:

- Working on two new vocal modes:
True Formant - allowing big spectral shifts while retaining sound quality
Glitch - they didn’t describe but sounds self explanatory
- Public PX beta estimated to be out in 2 months

And a tutorial video!

If you’re interested in keeping up with this like I am, you can find the emqil newsletter sign-up on the official site. They also have a Facebook group for Emvoice users, where they seem to occasionally showcase updates.

BenHo

Aspiring Fan
Apr 8, 2018
The more I'm hearing of EmVoice, the better it sounds. It's come a long way from it's original announcement (I can't even remember what they originally called it).

RazzyRu

Designer
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 8, 2018
piapro.jp
Wow, the voice is really nice. I haven't looked into EmVoice as much, and now that I hear this demo, I'm definitely interested. The voice captures a calming and innocent sense, it's pleasant to listen to, and reminds me of singers that try to apply this sense too.

I'm gonna have to keep more of an eye out for EmVoice then

xuu

fly like a butterfly
Apr 8, 2018
England
I downloaded Emvoice One now that they have a Windows beta. It's okay to use I guess, but the lack of a midi import system in particular as well as a lack of dymanics hurts it a lot. Hopefully they implement both of those before finalizing it more. I think the worst part by far is the hard limit on Lucy's range. F#3-C5 is a fine range of course, but it stopped me from covering basically anything with belting/a high chorus. Definitely nothing to write home about at the moment compared to Synthesizer V especially considering they've been developed for a similar timeframe and Emvoice seemingly have far more funding (!).

Anyways, I did this in about an hour or so. The workflow is pretty easy to get used to though getting started felt a bit foreign for me as I normally stick to standalone voice synths rather than using them as VSTs.

Reactions: Tema and David K.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)