• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Other EmVoice

cocoaCacao

Cocoa
Apr 8, 2018
Interesting..... But does it have phoneme editing? I heard that SynthV doesn't, which was disappointing. IMO it's a necessity for English vocal synths.
it does! she pronounces things extremely well and naturally without editing. synthv supports phoneme editing too though! the range and stuff like importing/exporting sort of sucks (as in it doesn't exist)

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Relaying some info from the email newsletter:

- Working on two new vocal modes:
True Formant - allowing big spectral shifts while retaining sound quality
Glitch - they didn’t describe but sounds self explanatory
- Public PX beta estimated to be out in 2 months

And a tutorial video!

If you’re interested in keeping up with this like I am, you can find the emqil newsletter sign-up on the official site. They also have a Facebook group for Emvoice users, where they seem to occasionally showcase updates.

BenHo

Aspiring Fan
Apr 8, 2018
The more I'm hearing of EmVoice, the better it sounds. It's come a long way from it's original announcement (I can't even remember what they originally called it).

razelberii

Bless the Lord, O my Soul
Apr 8, 2018
雨リカ
razzyru.com
Wow, the voice is really nice. I haven't looked into EmVoice as much, and now that I hear this demo, I'm definitely interested. The voice captures a calming and innocent sense, it's pleasant to listen to, and reminds me of singers that try to apply this sense too.

I'm gonna have to keep more of an eye out for EmVoice then

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
I downloaded Emvoice One now that they have a Windows beta. It's okay to use I guess, but the lack of a midi import system in particular as well as a lack of dymanics hurts it a lot. Hopefully they implement both of those before finalizing it more. I think the worst part by far is the hard limit on Lucy's range. F#3-C5 is a fine range of course, but it stopped me from covering basically anything with belting/a high chorus. Definitely nothing to write home about at the moment compared to Synthesizer V especially considering they've been developed for a similar timeframe and Emvoice seemingly have far more funding (!).

Anyways, I did this in about an hour or so. The workflow is pretty easy to get used to though getting started felt a bit foreign for me as I normally stick to standalone voice synths rather than using them as VSTs.

David K.

a Czech vocal synth user and keyboardist
Feb 15, 2019
Czech Republic
There is a new EmVoice update available

I'm having so much fun with the updated Emvoice! I'm doing a remake of one of my older originals (which will show Emvoive's capabilities) and I'm sure you'll like it. I had goose bumps when Lucy started singing those high notes!

Twillby

Longtime Listener
Apr 8, 2018
US
Our first voice, Lucy, costs $200. When we release additional voices, we anticipate that these will be cheaper for those who have bought the first, although we can't fully confirm this sliding scale pricing scheme yet.
Well I can tell they're really targeting the mainstream producer, I'll put it that way. She does sound nice, but between me having $200 happening only once in a blue moon and having trouble adapting to the editor, my chances of ever getting EmVoice are slim. Especially not until they get MIDI support.

(I feel like this post sounds too bitter but it's the truth sjfksjlk)

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
Wow, $200 for the editor + Lucy is a bit steep compared to other vocal synths that sell 1 voice + the editor for a lot less (ex: CeVIO). With how long it took to finally get Lucy ready for commercial sale (I think we were talking about this back on VocaloidOtaku), do you even think people who buy this can expect another vocal within the next 3 years? S:

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
I see the clowns from Emvoice have come out on parade again. Poor understandability still, inflexible voice and an engine that basically runs like glorified melodyne; and they want $200 for it! Even V5 is a better deal, which it causes me physical pain to say. It actually sends me that they're using "Lucy" and "range" in the same tweet. Even if their next vocal is significantly better even professional musicians would probably be better off waiting for another English SynthV voicebank or buying someone like Cyber Diva.

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
I went to their page to check it out, because this is the first I'm hearing of them, and... they offer a demo that only lets you enter seven notes? Like, what's the point? I think Lucy is nice, but she seems like a one-trick pony to me, certainly not worth $200. Anything she can do Eleanor Forte can do for $200 cheaper.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)