• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Other EmVoice

___

Oct 8, 2019
I agree with the people above, the price is too much. With 200$ it's competing with V5 even if it isn't nearly as complex as V5 and offers only one voice.

And I definitely don't like the attitude of the creator/s. The demo is laughable. The SynthV creator also worked on the edior for years and he gave us never-ending demo with 3 free voices ( one that can even compete with Lucy as @peaches2217 said ). Of course I don't ask the same of the Emvoice creator/s ( just saying it doesn't look good for them in comparison ) but if you're offering a demo let us at least get the taste of the voice/editor peoperly, you can't achieve that with only being able to enter 7 notes.

I'm disappointed because I really liked Lucy but I'll continue supporting SynthV instead. I don't see this going anywhere if they don't adjust the prices.

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
I'm noticing some people on twitter are saying emvoice "expresses contempt for their core demographic" and has apparently said they hate vocaloid/vocaloid fans or something? Can anyone who knows more about this fill me in on it? No body has actually linked to anything the CEO has actually said so I'm feeling lost.

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
@cafenurse I saw someone people not liking his attitude in this article.
Oof. Talk about elitism. It's possible to build and promote a good synth without putting other synths down. And he's not even saying "Yeah, ours is better than the rest!", he's outright saying "Every synth that isn't ours is terrible and a waste of money." That's outright unprofessional.

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
I downloaded the trial just to see for myself.

You can't even use Lucy for those blessed seven notes the trial grants you. You can draw in the notes, but no one will sing it back. They're just... for decoration, I guess?

I'd be more sympathetic if the guy was humble about it, but given how full of himself he seems, this products is... I don't think "underwhelming" is a strong enough word, if I must be honest.

Reactions: Scarlet Illusion

Vegetaljuce

Gumi English Geek
When I woke up and saw this news this morning, I was completely flabbergasted. Having used the beta and sent some emails back and forth with the developers regarding its issues and limitations, I was, firstly, really not expecting them to launch the program yet— at least until they included basic features such as vibrato and midi import. And secondly, when I heard that they WERE, I expected the price range to be in the $25-70 range. Boy was I wrong!

I’m immensely disappointed with the developers’ clouded judgement, because I really thought Emvoice had potential, and I love Lucy’s voice. But $200 for a program with only one VB available and without the most basic features expected of any voice synth? For comparison, upgrading to Vocaloid 5 would cost me about the same amount, and even for how much I criticize it, with Vocaloid 5 you’re getting 4 voicebanks, multiple parameters and other useful features, a veritable DAW-level mixing station, plus the knowledge that there are literally multiple dozens of other voicebanks that are compatible with the program.

Emvoice, why🤦‍♀️

Twillby

Longtime Listener
Apr 8, 2018
US
The absolute kicker to me is the person I was talking to earlier tried to buy it but it seems it doesn't work with Japanese cards.

Well if EmVoice was looking to be a precautionary tale of what not to do when trying to make a vocal synth they're doing swimmingly

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Upon reading that interview....yikes. Lucy has a good voice but she isn't engine-noise free or human sounding. She reminds me of IA english because she's high quality and clear but there's also a distinct engine noise in her. Her quality just isn't worth $200 for me.

Also

___

Oct 8, 2019
For me the voice seems pretty great actually, but it's stuck in a very limited editor and it's only one single voicebank that took forever to develop, as it was previously stated. God knows when we'll see another emvocie see the light of day.....another reason to probably better stick to other editors.

Sep 21, 2019
Well, this is a disaster if I've ever seen one. Also, considering the dev just gave a big "FU" to all the other synths, I don't see EmVoice doing too well. How unprofessional.

Like, you can sell a product without putting down other products. (Reminds me vaguely of the Vocaloid wiki, where everyone acts like any synth besides Vocaloid is inferior and bad.)

Prism

Enthusiast
Jul 18, 2019
Wait it doesn't have midi import and it's being released. And she's being released at 200$.:gackpo_ani_lili:

I won't be against paying 200$ for a vocal synth. And people remember vocaloid debuted at 199£ and Cantor 2 is 299€. There are other vst instruments that price like kontakt. But they all are full function and have the basics of importing midi.

I feel like the developer hasn't looked at the competition closely and thought about the user experience. And stilllllllllll noooooooo midi

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)