• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

SynthV English SynthV AI ANRI

Cluemily

cherish chika
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 25, 2018
www.youtube.com
Dreamtonic's has retweeted a new upcoming English AI voicebank for Synthesizer V called ANRI, who is now open for physical and digital preorders on their website.
There's more demos available via their SoundCloud.

There will also be add-in/bundle set pre-sales with Eleanor beginning at midnight JST on the ANiCUTE webpage, mentioned in the Tweet by Volor here. Bundles with just ANRI and the Pro editor will also be available via ANiCUTE. (Though I believe these are all digital only, and her physical preorder is only available via the AUDIOLOGIE website.)

Last edited:

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
morrysillusion.wixsite.com
was a nice surprise when i saw the solaria twitter rt that! im realizing it is kinda nice to just... have a voice pop up, pretty much all ready to go, without the waiting of a kickstart/fund tbh. not every company has the funds to do so but its nice to just kinda... wake up to "new voice coming" and not another "new voice coming, if the kickstarter gets funded". again, not a dis on needing funds but, its become quite common i started to forget it was any other way lol

really like her voice, its hard not to love it when there isnt a huge selection of new english banks anyways, but its got a great tone and just sounds lovely. if i was using vocal synths more right now i would surely be getting her! and its hard to stop myself from buying the preorder lol. there is something a little... metallic about her voice? but the mix and tuning definitely shows her off well.

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
At first, I thought Anri Rune had come back from the dead on SynthV lol. Still, a new English VB is a great surprise. I really like her voice so far; it's distinct from Eleanor, Maki and Solaria (which isn't difficult to do right now for obvious reasons, but still).

pico

robot enjoyer
Sep 10, 2020
The voice is so nice. Her character design doesn't do a lot for me but for the quality of the vocals alone, I'm excited. I hope she gets lots of originals.

Reactions: morrysillusion

TheStarPalace

Hardcore Fan
Apr 8, 2018
Haven't seen anyone mention this so far, but her release date is December 11 according to dreamtonics!

There's also some other samples of her on the Audiologie SoundCloud.

Looking at their website, Audiologist has plans for "many" other characters, probably English voices since that is their focus. Anri will also have a Lite version releasing on December 18!!
Source: About Us

Thought it was funny how Anri's musical influences are listed as Aaliyah and Frank Ocean. (Dare I say, good taste??)

Pup-p

Nemu nemu~
Apr 8, 2018
Hmm I don't particularly like her voice, it doesn't stand out to me. But Im glad she's not another Kickstarter. Can't wait to see what other voices/characters they make.

Reactions: WyndReed

lIlI

Staff member
Apr 6, 2018
The Lightning Strike
Her voice sounds nice! Disappointed by the schoolgirl design; I'm just burnt out on the whole aesthetic. :kyo_ani_lili: She also looks slightly younger than her voice, but that's more of a nitpick. (The design looks like a kid but the voice reads more as a soft spoken adult to me)

Last edited by a moderator:

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Her outfit’s fairly popular Japanese fashion, isn’t it? I didn’t read it as schoolgirl bait at all. It’s a soft design for a soft woman and I like it a lot :miku_ani_lili:

Anywho! I’m about to blow the spending portion of my paycheck at a local craft fair, but next paycheck? I’m securing Anri for myself as well. I’m so happy she’s got such a nice box. I’m still sad about Ellie’s (even if it is just a draft or a mock-up), so this is a breath of fresh air.

Reactions: Nezuh

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
The outfit for me personally seems more reminiscent of a cutesy sailor girl outfit, like you'd see in a halloween costume. Actually, I'm going through a crop top and skirt phase rn, so she's serving some major style inspo for me. :zunko_lili:
Also, as someone who has serious babyface, the whole discussion of characters not looking like their age is amusing to me :clara_lili: my roommate and i are the same age and im convinced he wouldnt get ID'd at a bar, but last time i flew i was told i wasnt allowed to sit in the emergency exit row cause it's for 15+ year olds lmao. Obviously in art it's different, but I don't think she looks unrealistically young.
I like that she's a character over 20 (even though 21 is still really young, I was hoping that when lIlI joked about her being canonically 32 it was true sigh) because I'm getting very burnt out of the teen idol trope.

I like both her design and voice, if she was a vocaloid id def buy her but im still on the fence about if i want to sink money into synth v. It doesnt run on my current laptop so I'd have to wait to get a new computer anyway, but I'm an old man who doesn't like learning new things so I'm just not sure if I'm ready to commit to a new synth yet. Maybe as I hear more examples of her I'll be swayed!

lIlI

Staff member
Apr 6, 2018
The Lightning Strike
Maybe they went with this look for another reason:

If I'm recalling correctly, this was posted publicly rather than leaked, if not lemme know and I'll remove it

A homage, or the same team revitalising the project? I won't pry, but I couldn't not be reminded!

pico

robot enjoyer
Sep 10, 2020
If I'm recalling correctly, this was posted publicly rather than leaked, if not lemme know and I'll remove it

A homage, or the same team revitalising the project? I won't pry, but I couldn't not be reminded!
I was also thinking about this. I'm almost positive that's what they were going for, especially considering this project is specified as "Anri English" instead of just "Anri". I wouldn't be surprised if Japanese were to come for this voice in the future.

___

Oct 8, 2019
Also, as someone who has serious babyface, the whole discussion of characters not looking like their age is amusing to me :clara_lili: my roommate and i are the same age and im convinced he wouldnt get ID'd at a bar, but last time i flew i was told i wasnt allowed to sit in the emergency exit row cause it's for 15+ year olds lmao. Obviously in art it's different, but I don't think she looks unrealistically young.
I can so relate :LOL: I am 22 but people assume I am like...around 15. In my language you have formal and informal way of addressing people, when you don't know an adult well you should address them formally while it's okay to talk to kids you don't know informally but I get addressed informally all the time 😭

I have story of my own where I and my mother were on a trip and I wanted to go someplace where she didn't want to and the tour lady told me that underage people weren't permitted to go there w/o adult supervision :clara_ani_lili:

So in that sense I can relate to Anri haha

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
morrysillusion.wixsite.com
Man, what's the point in finally having more character's who're adults if they're visually indistinguishable from all the kiddos? She follows the schoolgirl tropes more closely than some of the actual canonical schoolgirls, haha. Rikka looks like she could be her cool older sister in senior year. I feel like I'm being monkey's pawed.

i was JUST thinking about vivi when i saw her art. and couldnt find the art at first art but i thought i was going nuts thinking they were the same.... assumed it was the same artist or something but seeing them side by side its incredibly obvious theyre like...very very similar. not to say this is a bad thing as everything seems fine about Anri as far as i can see but still, interesting to realize.

anyways in terms of overall design this is what i will say- its fine but its a very expected anime look which isnt inherently a bad thing. its nothing that feels super unique to the voice at all, its generic and you could easily slap it on so many other young girl voices it wouldnt mean much to me. i dont expect the anime style to not look Cutesy Anime but that doesnt mean i dont also find it annoying that the style continues to display adult characters who are incredibly childish in appearance... i look 15 and im 22 but im not an anime character lol. i cant apply that logic to a style that obviously breaks realism by being toony and thus exaggerating itself to appear even more past the childish look of a real ass adult human. plus a person decided to design this, a person decided to sit down and land on this look, that falls in line with designs aiming to be young in order to attract people. i get it, its expected, this is the "norm", and i dont expect this to stop but its kinda dumb when you look over the sea of 20+ year old anime characters and they all just look like this ya know. theres a point where i start to feel like the "21" age being slapped on is done for no reason other than to validate the character being an adult while still slipping into the "underage looking" category that many fans flock to these characters for in the first place.

this isnt like, "oh this design specifically is bad and clearly adding more pedo bait" bc i again see nothing super wrong w this character but that isnt to say there is nothing wrong with the way anime styles often tackle this look, its more so the overall trend and common intention and not pointing the finger specifically at Anri's design.

Last edited:

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
I can so relate :LOL: I am 22 but people assume I am like...around 15. In my language you have formal and informal way of addressing people, when you don't know an adult well you should address them formally while it's okay to talk to kids you don't know informally but I get addressed informally all the time 😭

I have story of my own where I and my mother were on a trip and I wanted to go someplace where she didn't want to and the tour lady told me that underage people weren't permitted to go there w/o adult supervision :clara_ani_lili:

So in that sense I can relate to Anri haha
Yeah, for this reason I just can’t make myself see young-looking adult characters as inherently bad or “bait” or whatever you wanna call it. It’s stylistic, sure, but not unrealistic. And they’re not even doing anything “questionable” with her a la F*e, so there’s no cause for alarm I’d say!

Moving back on topic! I’m with Aru Yi. She’s already overtaking Maki as my favorite SynthV Engloid… which means they’re now girlfriends. Sorry, I don’t make the rules.

TheStarPalace

Hardcore Fan
Apr 8, 2018
There's always the solution of making your own design for her or using OCs like a lot of popular artists do 😉 ultimately if I buy Anri it'll be for her voice anyways.
Anri's artist (hieihirai) is one of the people who made official art for Yami Ryone and considering his voicer was speculated to be the same person who voiced Vivi, Vivi and Anri were definitely drawn by the same person. VERY strange that Anri just looks like Vivi in a different outfit though??? Also it's just hiei's art style to make all their adult characters look childish I think. 💔/SPOILER]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)