• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

SynthV English SynthV AI ANRI

pico

robot enjoyer
Sep 10, 2020
Sounds good! I do also want to hear her in other genres down the line but these demos have been really effective thus far, so I'm in no rush.

By the way-- I really liked the art paired with the demo Baby Powder.

Reactions: peaches2217

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
morrysillusion.wixsite.com
i was definitely starting to notice the vibe of the songs theyre going for- its very much... catering to a certain audience online that im sure is helping with the attention she gets, but from the standpoint of wanting to use her, these kinds of songs are too simple to show me what she sounds good with otherwise. of course if this is the intention of her voice thats fine, but itd be a shame to see she doesnt fair well with other genres when now even elenaor AI being revealed also feels to have a sorta... limited sound (someone compared the sound of eleanor's softness to that of avanna and how it limits their genres, id say anri feels like shes falling in line with that too- and i love avanna, but theres only so much i can do if i have 3 different avanna-like voices i guess lol)

Last edited:

lIlI

Staff member
Apr 6, 2018
The Lightning Strike
i was definitely starting to notice the vibe of the songs theyre going for- its very much... catering to a certain audience online
This comment made me realise that almost all Anri's songs mention wanting to [rifles through forum rules]...

...engage in intimate activities with the listener. Is Anri supposed to be a flirty voice? Is this the first Western developer to use (for want of a better term) "waifu" marketing? wikihow writers better start drafting an article on how to tell an ai they're not your type because I do not know how to respond this. ma'am????

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
This comment made me realise that almost all Anri's songs mention wanting to [rifles through forum rules]...
i would say these kinds of songs which, imo, stick to me as trendy lofi hip hop songs id see repeated on tik tok or something, do tend to lean on the side of romantic and/or suggestive... personally the types of songs theyre picking and the way anri is dipicted in art, is giving me heavy "e-girl" vibes (is that what we say these days??) along with the style of songs. im definitely past the age that tends to get/like these things. idk how to describe it because i dont really engage with it but lofi cute anime girl aesthetics and shit are things i see all around youtube (lots of music playlist videos) and tiktok. so i dont think its reeally about the words of the songs and rather the audience theyre catering too when choosing such songs and aesthetics. it mostly stands out to me since i havent ever seen a vocal synth cater to the side of music before in a way that really looks like its going for a certain target audience (which isnt me tbh). i see lofi music and cute anime paired together a lot so its no surprise i guess someone figured they might as well show her off this way lol

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
i would say these kinds of songs which, imo, stick to me as trendy lofi hip hop songs id see repeated on tik tok or something, do tend to lean on the side of romantic and/or suggestive... personally the types of songs theyre picking and the way anri is dipicted in art, is giving me heavy "e-girl" vibes (is that what we say these days??) along with the style of songs. im definitely past the age that tends to get/like these things. idk how to describe it because i dont really engage with it but lofi cute anime girl aesthetics and shit are things i see all around youtube (lots of music playlist videos) and tiktok. so i dont think its reeally about the words of the songs and rather the audience theyre catering too when choosing such songs and aesthetics. it mostly stands out to me since i havent ever seen a vocal synth cater to the side of music before in a way that really looks like its going for a certain target audience (which isnt me tbh). i see lofi music and cute anime paired together a lot so its no surprise i guess someone figured they might as well show her off this way lol
Lo-fi! That's the term I was looking for, thank you. In any case, I just don't see anything wrong with or concerning about it. She's an adult character with anime aesthetics singing lo-fi songs about romance. She's not being marketed as a virtual waifu or an in-home Vtuber that you can customize to your liking. She's being promoted on current trends, and honestly I both like and respect it. All in all, I'd say it's pretty low-key.

• Love
Reactions: synthhope

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
Lo-fi! That's the term I was looking for, thank you. In any case, I just don't see anything wrong with or concerning about it. She's an adult character with anime aesthetics singing lo-fi songs about romance. She's not being marketed as a virtual waifu or an in-home Vtuber that you can customize to your liking. She's being promoted on current trends, and honestly I both like and respect it. All in all, I'd say it's pretty low-key.
lofi mumble rap stuff not unlike this kinda dives into territory of such topics (some i have heard really border on being disturbing/unsettling in mindset tbh). i think its too much to put that on anri/ the company directly- and more so about the genre as a whole... they definitely are catering to an audience that enjoys these two things- cute lofi music and cute anime girls. on the surface thats what it is, everything else is just up to how people take it (sure maybe i wouldnt say its straight up waifu pandering but someone for damn sure looks at her like shes waifu material based off her promos i bet. intentional? no, but ppl will take this kinda advertising however they please so i wouldnt ignore that either)

lIlI

Staff member
Apr 6, 2018
The Lightning Strike
I feel like I'd be doing a disservice to the company to suggest they don't consider their songs and choose themes they think will create appeal. Companies think through their choices carefully, and plan how and who they're going to market their products to - their decisions aren't random, and having a character seduce the viewer/listener is the oldest and most commonly used tactic in the book. In every case I think it's more likely deliberate than not. :clara_lili: Vocal synth companies do this constantly, they want to create something appealing, and attractiveness is the most basic source of appeal.

The most shocking thing about it is only that Anri is the first to lean into that concept fully as an Engloid. In hindsight I'm surprised 'sexy' demo songs took so long to reach us. It's not necessarily an insidious thing (go on dreamtonics. make male ai hunky). But I'm not gonna believe that vocal synth companies are too innocent to use attraction as a marketing tactic. They know, those with the funds are making wedding figurines! (Crypton smh)

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
I feel like I'd be doing a disservice to the company to suggest they don't consider their songs and choose themes they think will create appeal. Companies think through their choices carefully, and plan how and who they're going to market their products to - their decisions aren't random, and having a character seduce the viewer/listener is the oldest and most commonly used tactic in the book. In every case I think it's more likely deliberate than not. :clara_lili: Vocal synth companies do this constantly, they want to create something appealing, and attractiveness is the most basic source of appeal.

The most shocking thing about it is only that Anri is the first to lean into that concept fully as an Engloid. In hindsight I'm surprised 'sexy' demo songs took so long to reach us. It's not necessarily an insidious thing (go on dreamtonics. make male ai hunky). But I'm not gonna believe that companies are too innocent to use attraction as a marketing tactic. They know, those with the funds are making wedding figurines! (Crypton smh)
there is so much to i could say about the way anri is being promoted- mostly in regards to the trendy songs and aesthetics they have her leaning into... god i could write a whole essay about it. even if on a surface level the way shes presented doesnt outwardly tackle the typical "waifu" culture theyre still doing something that falls in line with appealing to a certain crowd through making her the cute lofi anime girl trend i often see which in its own ways, caters to waifu culture but more on a western focused way (not sure how to word that lol? anyways do note... no where am i saying she is "sexualized", im just referring to basic trends). its always hard to draw the line imo when it comes to music and lyrics, as i cant say i listen to much music at all that doesnt in some form end up being suggestive and or romantic- while it feels impossible to escape sometimes due to how common and normalized such lyrics have become, i of course wouldnt say it doesnt play a part- it most certainly can- i may not be that target person, i think many of us would not be that target person... but its important to remember those people due exist and picking up this kinda aesthetic for anri isnt just coicidence. companies dont just throw a dart randomly at a board of ideas and pick what it landed on Just Because. its not to say all intentions here are incredibly malicious, but the intentions exist nontheless

i know people dont like to hear this said because it may sound like i have it out for the company or the voice buts its really not about that, its not simply about labelling one thing or the other as problematic... its just coming to recognize trends companies fall into, or attempt to find a new trend that works in order to find their audience, because it definitely exists. imo the lyrics arent really my concern here as its a very small part of the overall Thing that is occurring- as much as lyrics can certainly play a part in viewing the product i think its a very minor part of what anri's promotion is aiming for in the end. its just the genre that tends to fall into that subject matter, and perhaps in a deeper way that feeds to the aesthetics, idk. im too tired to expand on this because its far less about anri alone

edit: bolding a statement for those too lazy to read. im not here to start arguments or even really a discussion, was just a thought i needed to get out regarding the previous posts tbh

Last edited:

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
Her voice sounds like it's handling the dramatic moments quite well, but it's hard to tell under the synths and piano.
this is sadly what i was thinking too when i heard this demo... i think the mixing is drowning it a bit, which is a shame- its a nice song and im really happy to hear her in a song like this! if more producer demos come up i think we will likely hear a shift of genre for her since the others have been covers up to now (iirc?). she handles herself pretty well on the high notes, albiet still a bit soft, but it gives me a better idea of her range! i do look forward to whatever demos may come next

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
new cover demo with anri!

this has never been a fave song of mine and i also didnt expect a remix- but its really nice! the remix is pretty cool, i quite like the style even with how different it is. her voice sounds really good with this sound. the range is pretty limited, but i still really love anri's voice from what im hearing.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: peaches2217 and ---

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
wow, yeah, i did not expect a Sonic cover but its welcomed. i cannot help but be a little biased for my love of Sonic, and its neat to hear her with a more jazzy song, but by no means is it a favorite song of mine (but its appreciated they went with a lesser known song and not the more popular sonic songs). i think she sounds good, the range in the song and the pacing imo gives me more of an idea as to how she'd sound outside of all those lofi hiphop demos we were getting.

also, does anyone know who the tuner is thats done pretty much all the demos? theyre listed as Aria in the credits and not by username or anything so im wondering if theyre a member of the company or what, since imo their tuning is really good and its nice to hear such well tuned demos!

also neat cyber songman was used for the backing

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
I was hoping she would! I know others are way more popular, but Anri is probably my favorite of the English SV girls. I'm curious to hear how Chill will sound, especially. congrats to Anri!

Reactions: ___

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)