• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

General Discussion Thread

lIlI

Staff member
Apr 6, 2018
The Lightning Strike
Let's play the predictions game! As a doctor with a pHD in armchair Vocaloid commentary, here's my assessment on their statuses:

Zero-G's mature rock vocal: Might be an idea under consideration for V5, but it was supposed to be released in 2015, so they've probably moved on by now. However as pointed out, it may in fact already exist in the form of Dex.

Conclusion: Either 100% alive or 100% dead. Schrödinger's Vocaloid.

Ausgris and the Mystery Duo: Vocatone's status post-Syo and Ander's departure seemed to be two pals and a dev kit. Much like Lucia and Luan, getting the support they needed would have been a really tough challenge. After over a year's radio silence, I think it's safe to say this cake has crumbled.

Chance of survival: Dead as ducks.

Yan He and Ling updates: VSinger's track record is flawless so far; I think this one's going to live, guys.

Chance of survival: 90%

Uni appends and English: Uni was announced in 2014 and released in 2017, so the company is no stranger to delays. I thought she was deceased for a hot minute back in 2016 so, in the spirit of learning from history, I'll remain hopeful. That said, after SeeU I'm not holding out for English.

Chance of survival: 60%

Megpoid English Update: Internet.co sleeps when they have Crypton beat. For a company that has copied everything Crypton does in the spirit of competition, I don't think they'll update Gumi unless Miku English starts to threaten her status. So long as they remain the biggest Vocaloid in the English market, Internet.co will focus elsewhere.

Chance of survival: >10%

H: I'm not 100% sure she was even confirmed to be a Vocaloid and not say, a collective hallucination.

Chance of survival: ???

Zing: Zyon may have V5's sudden announcement to deal with, but I don't think she's out of the picture. Or else this is the most impressive April Fools prank yet.

Chance of survival: 70%

Gynoid's mysterious vocal: The announcement was recent, so I have no reason to give up hope. I predict more info in 2019. Unless it's Xin Hua with her colours changed in Photoshop again, in which case I still wouldn't be mad.

Chance of survival: 80%

Last edited:

DefiantKitsune

Lonely kanon fan
Apr 11, 2018
@ name which is borderline impossible to type:

I agree with you for the most part, but i'd knock Zing down to ~50%, haven't had any news in about a year and a half and, at this point, Zyon isn't doing anything but dragging her rep down (oh, hey, did you hear that vocaloid from that broken android game came out?)

Also, I wanna say 5% for vocatone just cuz... optimism.

Eviltreat16

Probably an Artist, Probably a Praying Mantis
Apr 8, 2018
Somebody tweeted at Internet, they said they have no interest in updating gumi eng rn

Also an awful lot of the vocals mentioned haven't had news in a long while, might be dead... (ie Zing)
(Cries about Gumi English I want that remade)

I wonder how Uni's doing tbh. The company may be quiet because V4-V5 transistion, so I'll hold out hope for her. Gynoid's Vocaloid is either gonna be something new or Flower I think. I know Xin Hua has a decent following, so, maybe she'll get something too? I'm shocked no one's announced much for Vocaloid 5. A tad disappointing to be honest.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
(Cries about Gumi English I want that remade)

I wonder how Uni's doing tbh. The company may be quiet because V4-V5 transistion, so I'll hold out hope for her. Gynoid's Vocaloid is either gonna be something new or Flower I think. I know Xin Hua has a decent following, so, maybe she'll get something too? I'm shocked no one's announced much for Vocaloid 5. A tad disappointing to be honest.
As I heard/understood things, Vocaloid 5 came as a surprise to most of the Vocaloid companies, with the exception of AHS. So right now, AHS and Yamaha are alone in the lead of the V5 pack, and it'll probably take the other Vocaloid companies awhile to catch up and make their own V5 banks.

Reactions: TheStarPalace

Infoholic

CEO of Chorical, LLC.
Mar 26, 2018
@ name which is borderline impossible to type:

I agree with you for the most part, but i'd knock Zing down to ~50%, haven't had any news in about a year and a half and, at this point, Zyon isn't doing anything but dragging her rep down (oh, hey, did you hear that vocaloid from that broken android game came out?)

Also, I wanna say 5% for vocatone just cuz... optimism.
Zyon is "broken" because it's ended development. All of China knows this, who is her main demographic. Aquatrax is working on their new game Invaxion while Exit Tunes produces her voicebank.

Last edited:

Eviltreat16

Probably an Artist, Probably a Praying Mantis
Apr 8, 2018
Is Zyon/Zion popular? I think I've seen the game on the IOS store. I thought Zing's design was nice, and if they are indeed still developing her, I'd imagine she got delayed because of V5/being trilingual.

DefiantKitsune

Lonely kanon fan
Apr 11, 2018
Zyon is "broken" because it's ended development. All of China knows this, who is her main demographic. Aquatrax is working on their new game Invaxion while Exit Tunes produces her voicebank.

Uni took 3 years, 2 of which were completely silent, and she's fine. If anyone is "dragging her rep" it's you with your constant putting her down.
I've literally only mentioned her twice

Infoholic

CEO of Chorical, LLC.
Mar 26, 2018
Is Zyon/Zion popular? I think I've seen the game on the IOS store. I thought Zing's design was nice, and if they are indeed still developing her, I'd imagine she got delayed because of V5/being trilingual.
Zyon was majorly popular and so is their newest game

razelberii

Bless the Lord, O my Soul
Apr 8, 2018
雨リカ
razzyru.com
Whether a Vocaloid has been in development for a long time or not, we honestly may have no idea of the true progress in the end, not unless a company reveals the progress completed. And perhaps it's best that we don't know, or we may assume false information about when a release may be. It's not uncommon for some voicebanks to be delayed.
Vocaloids certainly take a long time to develop, but sometimes they are kept secret for a long time during the process (revealed during the last few months/days), and sometimes they are revealed rather early in the process.
I think it's best to leave this at that. Let's wait and see what happens together, I'm just excited to see what happens next in the world of Vocaloid development~

Is there a specific in-development voicebank you are looking forward to the most? I can't wait to hear what Zero-G has for us~

Reactions: ngoomie

razelberii

Bless the Lord, O my Soul
Apr 8, 2018
雨リカ
razzyru.com
That's Power FX who made Ruby (and Sweet Ann, Big Al, YOHIOloid, Oliver). ^^; Zero-G = Avanna, Dex, Daina, Sonika, Prima, Tonio, Leon, Lola, Miriam.
Ah, since DefiantKitsune mentioned the hope for PowerFX to hop back on board the Vocaloid production scene, I think mobius' wish for a Ruby update makes sense.
I really wish PowerFX was still around in the Vocaloid scene, an update or new voicebank would be nice, or even a "Yes, these voicebanks work on V5" post. They have good Vocaloids. The absence of PowerFX may be the reason why we haven't heard much from the developers of Ausgris in some time (that being Vocatone), but again we do not know, it's best to not assume what the reason could be.

Last edited:

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Ah, since DefiantKitsune mentioned the hope for PowerFX to hop back on board the Vocaloid production scene, I think mobius' wish for a Ruby update makes sense.
Ha ha, yeah, I was thinking of the hope that PFX would return when I said that. To refer to yet a different company, I'd like to see a Gumi English V5, too; the little band of starlets I work with is a diverse bunch :).

Reactions: uncreepy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)