• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

General Discussion Thread

First Sound Future

Passionate Fan
Apr 8, 2018
I didn't care too much about Avanna's male counterpart before but if that was almost his design then now I'm kind of disappointed he's on a hiatus lol, since I like to see Vocaloids that don't always look happy-go-lucky in colors and such, I would really like Darius' design among Vocaloids had he been a thing. He also seems to almost look opposite from Avanna. For example, she's smiling and is wearing brighter colors while Darius has a more neutral expression and is dressed in an overall darker look. Don't know if that was on purpose or if I'm just imagining it but still, he looks neat and it's too bad he'll probably never leave the "on hiatus" status.

urolithiasis

New Fan
Apr 10, 2018
Sorry for interrupting, but I hope you are interested in this article.

cutIMG_20180914_183331.jpgThis performance will be the first costarring of Hatsune Miku and Kizuna Ai, but their fans in Japan don't seem so excited.

Anyway, I will go to the show tomorrow night.

I came back from the theater.

cutIMG_20180915_174826.jpg
cutIMG_20180915_175045.jpgcutIMG_20180915_175324.jpgVID_20180915_201813.mp4_snapshot_00.09_[2018.09.16_10.09.21].jpg

SETLIST

I predicted that Hatsune Miku was a cameo or a walkon, but actually she appeared in more than half of the scenes. She was singing, dancing, talking or rapping while she was on the stage.
However, cluttered elements were stuffed up in this show too much to call it a vocaloid jukebox musical.
I did not enjoy it as a completed work. In spite of that, luxurious kimonos, virtual actors and real performer duets, a variety of dances, stage equipment, plays using Hanamichi, and waves of our green lights, all entertained me well.

cutIMG_20180915_211648.jpg

Thank you.

Last edited:

Exemplar

Veteran
May 17, 2018
Miku got a quick little mention in this Entertainment Weekly article

Recently, Amuro has shifted her sound into EDM territory, working with SOPHIE and Zedd on club bangers like “Heaven” and “B Who I Want 2 B” — which also features Hatsune Miku, the pop star persona created in a vocal synthesizer app. In other words, the song includes guest vocals from a computer program (one that also opened for Lady Gaga on her ArtRave: The Artpop Ball in 2014).

Last edited:

DefiantKitsune

Lonely kanon fan
Apr 11, 2018
Okay, there's something about the way UTAU synthesizes voices that just bothers me. I can't figure out what it is though? It's like, every sound start-stops, the transitions aren't natural. Unless every UTAU but no Vocaloid somehow has this, it has to be the engine. I'm just hoping someone can help me put it into words I guess?

WyndReed

Dareka tasukete!
Apr 8, 2018
???, New York
Okay, there's something about the way UTAU synthesizes voices that just bothers me. I can't figure out what it is though? It's like, every sound start-stops, the transitions aren't natural. Unless every UTAU but no Vocaloid somehow has this, it has to be the engine. I'm just hoping someone can help me put it into words I guess?
Are you talking about the voicebank type?(like cv or vcv or cvvc) I've found that overall if voicebanks aren't recorded well and/or they aren't configured properly they can sound choppy. (especially cvvc)

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Miku is now showing up in japanese history textbooks みんなは知ってた!?初音ミクが日本史の教科書に登場&定番アイテム"ネギ"のルーツって?

Oh, I almost missed this on reddit. The dev behind the MMD photo app Mikuture said that a new version is in the works and the old version will be pulled from app stores
Miku is really making it far, getting in textbooks is a big accomplishment! I’m really happy seeing that.
Same! I'd love to get a look at that textbook. The context in which the little blurb appears would probably be just/almost as interesting as the blurb itself.

Congrats on literally making it into the history books, Miku! :)

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Adding to Miku in textbooks, I noticed in the replies of Miku in the history textbook, she is alwo in a high school English textbook! Miku is helping spread language tol, it seems.

EDIT: As I keep looking through the replies, there is a lot more! Miku is a lot more common in textbooks than I thought. Many people are sharing images of their textbooks.

Last edited:

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
Wow, it looks like IA and ONE are doing a virtual YouTuber-type segment now. Gonna have to subscribe to the channel to keep tabs on it.

megalines

Miku's Fan
Jun 25, 2018
UK
random but today when trick or treating with my nephew i seen someone dressed as :miku_ani_lili:!!!
i thought it was pretty cool so i approached him and said "are you dressed as Miku?" he looked at his friend and they both smiled... he said i was the first person to get his costume.
it was pretty great seeing someone like that, seeing as it's pretty abnormal to like things like that here. i wish i spoke to him more but i had to leave. still a nice exchange!

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
random but today when trick or treating with my nephew i seen someone dressed as :miku_ani_lili:!!!
i thought it was pretty cool so i approached him and said "are you dressed as Miku?" he looked at his friend and they both smiled... he said i was the first person to get his costume.
it was pretty great seeing someone like that, seeing as it's pretty abnormal to like things like that here. i wish i spoke to him more but i had to leave. still a nice exchange!
Ooh, that’s a really nice Halloween experience! I went as Miku one year and got lots of compliments but no one actually got who it was, it’s really cool when it does get recognized though (like one time I went to a con as Miku and got asked for a picture), it’s always so nice

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
That's really cool! Great for both of you!

First Sound Future

Passionate Fan
Apr 8, 2018
According to the status page on the Vocaloid Wiki, Gynoid has been planning a new Vocaloid since August. I wonder when are we going to see them.. Probably not this year but it's still nice that they're showing progress of their new Vocaloid. I wish more companies did it, especially since we're getting such slow Vocaloid news.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)