• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

General Discussion Thread

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
Wow, I knew she loved Yukari, and I knew she left her previous company to start her own, but I had no idea it was mainly so that she could continue promoting Yukari alone. That's... a ton of devotion.

I have mixed feelings on the design of Yukari Mμ, but I'm really happy for her and it seems like it'll be a huge success. I'm definitely looking forward to future developments!

Reactions: TheStarPalace

___

Oct 8, 2019
There are some aspects that I like about the design but overall it looks super goofy and silly :LOL: But I do wish for her to find success!

lIlI

Staff member
Apr 6, 2018
The Lightning Strike
My only gripe with the design is that, somehow, it doesn't look like Yukari? I think it's the bangs, and the fact that most artists draw her with a square face shape, whereas this art features a more pointed chin. I don't know of many other Vocaloids that are usually drawn with such specific anatomy, so that's kinda interesting.

I am very glad Yukari continues to have such support and passion behind her. I hope Chihiro's company is successful, as there aren't many female business owners in Japan.
Girl power baybee! :ruby_ani_lili:

Raku

Aspiring Fan
Jun 16, 2018
Indonesia
Since it's pretty much 石黒家の結月ゆかり(Ishiguro's own Yuzuki Yukari, I think she said that in the livestream), I expect that there will be no release of free-to-use asset and she'll be used exclusively for Ishiguro's work so I'm pretty okay with it.

The design (like her bob cut) is tailored to Ishiguro's request (stated in the livestream). Personally I think it's to avoid negative image to spread to each other (Yuzuki Yukari and Yuzuki Yukari Mμ, and in extend Chihara Ishiguro herself) in case any incident/negative news happen to either one of them

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
Wow, a new Miku edition car from Daihatsu? This "Daihatsu Hijet Truck Hatsune Miku Marche" is according to the tweet a special exhibition car made for Tokyo Auto Salon 2020. I believe we'll be seeing a Miku edition kei truck in the near future.

Also, this might not mean anything in particular, but who knows;

Reactions: mobius017

Exemplar

Veteran
May 17, 2018
This article about the past decade in Jpop in The Japan Times pointed out something that is pretty obvious when it comes to western coverage about vocaloid.
However, Yonezu started making music using Vocaloid, the singing-synthesizer program best known for being represented by Hatsune Miku. Under the name Hachi, he created rollicking tracks out of digi-singing, complete with videos he made himself, that could then be shared on streaming site Niconico. Forget the Western media gawking at holographic pop stars — the Vocaloid community offered something approaching a legitimate alternative to the J-pop mainstream, with artists from all backgrounds crafting their own music and visuals for one another. All they needed was a piece of software.

Like all great online ideas that go sour, Vocaloid’s results never quite matched its potential. Yonezu himself even made a somewhat pessimistic song and video a few years back comparing Niconico to a desert. Yet, this year, a generation of artists raised on Vocaloid and its ethos of creativity climbed into the J-pop mainstream. Besides Yonezu, projects such as Yorushika and Zutto Mayonaka de Iinoni (better known as Zutomayo) released celebrated albums built around intricate songs and eye-catching videos that often doubled as lore for stories the artists were also creating through their music. Singer-songwriter Mafumafu got his start covering Vocaloid songs, but now creates charming pop. Nikkei Trendy magazine pegs Mafumafu as the artist to watch in 2020, with a gig at Tokyo Dome in the spring, sure to sell out.

Kazumi

That One Furry
Apr 8, 2018
Today I went to the World Showcase at Epcot. In the Japan section of the park, there was an exhibit on kawaii culture and there was a little section about Miku!
I went there a few months ago! It was awesome to see that - they also played vocaloid music in that room, I heard GUMI, at the very least. Then the gift shop had miku figurines too haha. Quite the suprise!

Reactions: Aia

Aia

DDR-tist
Jul 14, 2019
The Internet™
I went there a few months ago! It was awesome to see that - they also played vocaloid music in that room, I heard GUMI, at the very least. Then the gift shop had miku figurines too haha. Quite the suprise!
Woah really? I was only there for a few minutes so I didn't notice haha. But that's really cool

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Here's GSR' race car livery for this season:
These cars really do look cool.... Reminds me that you mentioned they were selling one of these cars awhile back. I can imagine the stunned looks I'd get 1) at the stoplight 2) at McDonald's 3) at work would be really something, but you can't put a price on that awesome feeling.

Reactions: hamano

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)