• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

General Discussion Thread

Cluemily

cherish chika
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 25, 2018
www.youtube.com
TBH I bought Ethera Soundscapes 2.0 and it's really nice. Though it hogs a lot of power so I've not had a chance to use it often, aha. I'd like more of those though.

With AHS if they do create more English (or hey, maybe German since they've released a German UI and all (though that would depend on YAMAHA)) I do wanna know sooner rather than later if they took the route of hiring native English speakers with similar voices or not. I know Kiyoteru's voice provider has a good grasp of English so I'd wonder if they have a certain requirement for a certain level of English knowledge before they'd decide to use the original voice provider or not.

First Sound Future

Passionate Fan
Apr 8, 2018
I don't know why but I think it might be Tsurumaki Maki V4 (or V5?). I think I remember some tweets saying it a Vocaloid version of her might be possible way back then. However if it's a completely original English Vocaloid that would be even more awesome to me personally, I just hope they don't repeat Macne Nana V4 English.

Reactions: Elsa12TMNT

Unagi

Passionate Fan
Apr 9, 2018
California, U.S.A
Macne Nana V4 English, in my opinion, wasn't that good. It's just really hard getting someone to say sounds for a language they hardly speak or never speak. And I'm not really one to agree on making them take courses to learn English phonemes (especially since most of them probably don't want to learn English).

On the other hand, getting a different voice actor/actress to voice the phonemes sounds awkward, because then they don't sound as similar as possible. Of course, everyone sounds different when they speak two different languages, but I want the voices to be as close as possible.

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
I don't know why but I think it might be Tsurumaki Maki V4 (or V5?). I think I remember some tweets saying it a Vocaloid version of her might be possible way back then. However if it's a completely original English Vocaloid that would be even more awesome to me personally, I just hope they don't repeat Macne Nana V4 English.
I've seen some guesses like this too, but I figured that if it was Maki, she probably wouldn't have been in development for over a year (since it's not like AHS is actively working on Akari, I believe -- Vocalomakets is, and AHS is just distributing her).

The long development time really makes me think it's an English bank -- though I'm curious too if they're going through with their idea of using native English speakers (they had a Vocaloid meeting in New York quite some time ago, I think... maybe this is a result of that). Either way, I'm excited to see the result!

If it is an English bank, I wonder if it'll be a new character or a new language for one of their existing ones? So far all of their original characters have that school theme going on, so if it is a new character, I'm curious on how they'll fit, aha

Reactions: Unagi

First Sound Future

Passionate Fan
Apr 8, 2018
If it's an English vb for an existing AHSloid then I wonder which one will they do first... Maybe Miki might be first, since one the guys from AHS said they had a feeling she's popular overseas.

Also if it's exclusively Vocalomakets working on Akari (and they worked exclusively on Yukari?) does that mean that Akari/Yukari English would only be made if Vocalomakets (and not AHS) wanted to create an English vb for them? I'm just curious since it was kinda brought up ^^;;

VocaMew

That one Mew fan
Apr 8, 2018
twitter.com
I'm still confuffled over ZeroG's new thing, I'm really hoping it's a vocaloid and not a sample thing.
I was hoping to the moon and back that it was either Miriam V4 or SONiKA V4
Now I just hope Zero-G Twitter is lying to us

It's probably not Sonika as they confirmed it on Twitter
My heart was so broken

Mod Move: Posts merged.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
If it's an English vb for an existing AHSloid then I wonder which one will they do first... Maybe Miki might be first, since one the guys from AHS said they had a feeling she's popular overseas.

Also if it's exclusively Vocalomakets working on Akari (and they worked exclusively on Yukari?) does that mean that Akari/Yukari English would only be made if Vocalomakets (and not AHS) wanted to create an English vb for them? I'm just curious since it was kinda brought up ^^;;
I'm sure the ultimate decision would be left to Vocalomakets since Yukari and Akari belong to them, yes. But considering how much Vocalomakets loves to be included in things, I'm sure if AHS got into the English scene for real, Vocalomakets wouldn't be very far behind, haha, especially if AHS starts giving English banks to their existing Vocaloids.

About Miki, I think she'd be an interesting first candidate for English. What I like about AHS' idea about using new VPs for different languages is that it puts even Yuki in the running for an English bank, or if the original VP is retired -- then it wouldn't be a problem. There is the issue of the new person not sounding like the original VP, but as long as it's close enough, I personally would be happy. (Though I understand that a lot of people may not be!)

Infoholic

CEO of Chorical, LLC.
Mar 26, 2018
Macne Nana V4 English, in my opinion, wasn't that good. It's just really hard getting someone to say sounds for a language they hardly speak or never speak. And I'm not really one to agree on making them take courses to learn English phonemes (especially since most of them probably don't want to learn English).

On the other hand, getting a different voice actor/actress to voice the phonemes sounds awkward, because then they don't sound as similar as possible. Of course, everyone sounds different when they speak two different languages, but I want the voices to be as close as possible.
The thing with Nana english is her vp's skill with English had nothing to do with the outcome. She's fluent in English, they recorded in a lisp on purpose to be "cuter"

Unagi

Passionate Fan
Apr 9, 2018
California, U.S.A
The thing with Nana english is her vp's skill with English had nothing to do with the outcome. She's fluent in English, they recorded in a lisp on purpose to be "cuter"
I didn't know that! That's so interesting! Thank you for telling me that; that makes me feel a little bit better about the way she sounds- it has a reason! Sorry, I totally didn't know that >.> Still learning!

First Sound Future

Passionate Fan
Apr 8, 2018
I'm sure the ultimate decision would be left to Vocalomakets since Yukari and Akari belong to them, yes. But considering how much Vocalomakets loves to be included in things, I'm sure if AHS got into the English scene for real, Vocalomakets wouldn't be very far behind, haha, especially if AHS starts giving English banks to their existing Vocaloids.

About Miki, I think she'd be an interesting first candidate for English. What I like about AHS' idea about using new VPs for different languages is that it puts even Yuki in the running for an English bank, or if the original VP is retired -- then it wouldn't be a problem. There is the issue of the new person not sounding like the original VP, but as long as it's close enough, I personally would be happy. (Though I understand that a lot of people may not be!)
Now I hope AHS gets into English scene very soon just so we get Yukari English (I think it's too early for Akari English) lol her voicetype would be so amazing within English Vocaloids but given how it would be Vocalomakets' first English Vocaloid I wonder how would she turn out in the end..

I don't mind AHS' idea either tbh it used to kinda confuse me at first because all Vocaloids are voiced by their original vp in any language but I eventually thought finding native speakers is much better rather then forcing the original vp to sing in a language they can't speak. I can't wait to hear how will the new voice providers sound voicing an AHSloid, as long as they don't sound too different. :v

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
I don't think Miki getting any new VB is likely anymore. When she was given a V4 they struggled to get in contact with her VP anyway I think, and she's retired as a musician too. She's almost 40! It could be a Maki Vocaloid or a completely new character. AH Software are the people that program all the Vocaloids but Vocalomarkets are responsible for Yukari and Akari's creation - it's completely possible they were working on Akari and this new Vocaloid simultaneously and just finished with Akari's DB and released her first, or that she was the higher priority product. Either way, I'll look forward to it.

DefiantKitsune

Lonely kanon fan
Apr 11, 2018
I don't think Miki getting any new VB is likely anymore. When she was given a V4 they struggled to get in contact with her VP anyway I think, and she's retired as a musician too. She's almost 40! It could be a Maki Vocaloid or a completely new character. AH Software are the people that program all the Vocaloids but Vocalomarkets are responsible for Yukari and Akari's creation - it's completely possible they were working on Akari and this new Vocaloid simultaneously and just finished with Akari's DB and released her first, or that she was the higher priority product. Either way, I'll look forward to it.
Wait, but what was being discussed was miki getting a new VP for English. miki actually almost seems more popular overseas, it's not that unlikely.

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
Her VP didnt retire as a musician, just as a voice actor and V4 was just a port anyways.
She hasn't released new music in years, she's pretty much retired. Or not, it seems. A collab LP isn't much but it's something. Doesn't change that they basically just ported her when they gave both Iroha and Kiyoteru new VBs.

Wait, but what was being discussed was miki getting a new VP for English. miki actually almost seems more popular overseas, it's not that unlikely.
That'd make sense but I dunno why they'd choose Miki when she's not even that popular generally. I doubt they could recreate a similar tone with her in English anyway.

violethaze

Aspiring Fan
Apr 11, 2018
Chile
Uuuuu I feel bad....Like I know most engloids fans are hardcore, but ever since their companies have almost severed ties and have made irresponsible interactions, it's really hard to expect something from them ;( I try to have no expectations when it comes to these things...

ohpeach

Digital artist
Apr 8, 2018
earth
deviantart.com
If voctro labs never returns, imagine how neat it would be to have an English-Spanish bilingual vocaloid.

Having Zero G or VocaTone pick up that sort of bilingual project would be so incredible-- since there are already so many people that speak both languages, or one or the other. Since it's so common for people to be bilingual in those languages, it would be so full of potential!!

Who knows/// maybe V5 will hold a surprise Spanishloid for us, yet ;; v ;; 9

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)