• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

General Discussion Thread

Lille

Aspiring Fan
May 3, 2018
i've got a question that im not sure needs a thread so i'll just ask here first...

it's about when it's ok or not to download a cover song for personal listening. for example, if an original song is being sold on an album or streaming, downloading it would be piracy. but covers that use the same instrumental and only change the singer, is it also piracy to download it if it's not being used for profit?

i know rearrangements and remixes would be a case by case thing (for example, Crusher's (get better soon) Love Is War remix has the mp3 offered on the description). but what about "simpler" covers?

Sep 21, 2019
I don’t consider downloading cover songs that aren’t available for purchase piracy since they’re not for sale and are different from the original. But I think it’s kind of a gray area and depends on who you ask.
Anyone else got input?

Last edited:

GreenFantasy64

カイミク || Len English || Arsloid || V5/Piapro
Staff member
Apr 9, 2018
soundcloud.com
I do download few covers because before I had very limited wifi and if I liked a cover so much I downloaded it to keep hearing it without wifi. But some people should have their covers with mp3/wav download option sometimes in the description, so that's not a bad thing or a piracy I should think. I had seen a few long time ago which I was grateful for since I hated the pop up ads of the youtube to mp3 converter sites.

but covers that use the same instrumental and only change the singer, is it also piracy to download it if it's not being used for profit?
Soo.... I would like to say no, but that's my option on that after all.

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
Starting today, the Tokyo MX Tv channel starts broadcasting a short public information film about hand washing on commercial breaks featuring Hatsune Miku. The PIF features a song made by Kobayashi Onyx specifically for this PIF.

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Dunno if anyone else noticed this, but I was doing some window shopping just a bit ago and I noticed Oliver seems to be no longer available on Sonicwire

He didn't come up upon searching either "Vocaloid" or "Oliver"
I did a little digging and was able to find his product page through Google, and upon testing, it won't let me add it to my cart either--so it seems Oliver is no longer available through Sonicwire.

Seems PowerFX is the only place to get him now, at least, unless he comes back to Sonicwire. I'm happy that I was able to snag him already

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Ruby is indeed also there! I checked the others too right after

I assume this just means that CFM no longer has serials for Oliver left? That's the only logical explanation I can think of for this

Reactions: mobius017

DefiantKitsune

Lonely kanon fan
Apr 11, 2018
Ruby is indeed also there! I checked the others too right after

I assume this just means that CFM no longer has serials for Oliver left? That's the only logical explanation I can think of for this
It's possible he could reappear later I guess- miki and Iroha briefly left the English Vocaloid store before coming back (reasons unexplained)

Reactions: peaches2217

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA

I'm not sure how many people here are aware of Marvin Valentin's "Can you guess the vocaloid song" series (it livestreams about every week, usually with fandom artists and occasionally with producers) but this weekend he's having Circus, Lupin and EmpathP on it!
I will watch it if I'm awake. It's a fun little series, I've been on for some of the livestreams but I'm usually asleep while they're live.

Reactions: Twillby

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018

Techno-Speech speculating it would be cute if they had goods of Sasara like towels for otakus to wipe their sweat in the summer. I wonder if they would really make goods in the future? I hope so.

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
I just wanna rub a character towel all over my sweaty otaku body. What's so wrong with that, leave me and my sweaty towel alone!!!

Seriously, though, they have so many character towels, I think it might be a cultural difference/weather difference cause no AC that's it's okay to have a sweat towel and those weird towel carabiners?

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
During the summer many (I'd say most) Japanese carry a small towel with them for the purpose of wiping sweat off their faces. I did so too, the summer there is so hot you're bound to be sweaty from just being outdoors. Especially office workers who are expected to look smart pretty much always carry a towel with them. Another application for a carry on towel is that public toiletd in Japan don't always have paper or an airdryer for drying your hands after washing.

Reactions: AALLF

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Another application I thought they might use the towel for was drying off a bit if they get caught in the rain during the rainy season. But I think people in Japan are much more cognizant of having/needing an umbrella than where I live, due to the climate.

(I guess you could really use the towel for anything you might want to use a towel for. Sort of like the bandannas the cowboys of the old American West used to wear--apparently they used those for bunches of diverse uses--blocking dust, drying stuff off, protection from the sun, cooking.... But I don't think the average Japanese person would have a need to stop on the sidewalk and strain their coffee through their towel, though....)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)