• Our site rules have went through some updates and changes recently! Please take a moment to read over the changes (Rules 2-4) here!

General Discussion Thread

Orahi_kernel

New Fan
Jun 4, 2020
For anyone wondering:
  1. After some other introduction and a clip of "World Is Mine," the MC asks what the principal peculiarity is of the Japanese singer Hatsune Miku.
  2. The first guy guesses it's that she has green hair (Or something like that, I think. If anyone knows for sure what he actually said, I'm curious.). Which the MC says isn't the correct answer.
  3. The second guy says it's that she is a virtual person; she's not a person. The MC agrees: she's "a hologram. She doesn't exist. She's a virtual pop star who is really good. [This is the] correct answer."
It looks like he won a Mirai 2017 album.
Gotta give some context on why this is kinda big, "Saber Y Ganar" is currently the only TV contest in Spain that has been on TV since 1997 without any interruption, with over 6000 episodes since then.
There's mentions of this year's MIKUEXPO in Barcelona and asks for a quirk of her.

The first guy says that she's albino (specifically as in white hair) which is wrong, then the second one says that she's virtual/hologram. Then they always show some pictures so people can see what they were talking about (and they used a MIKUEXPO photo and Mirai 2017 album picture, they didn't win anything Miku-related)

• Love
Reactions: mobius017

uncreepy

🎃
Apr 9, 2018
USA
It says that 3,600 people participated in a poll to say which Miku songs they wanted to hear, so the very best of that list will be playing for the TV show. I don't know how to translate the title properly, but it's basically about what you are addicted to at the moment. The show is aimed at young people and has hosts. The guest that will also perform is Takanori Nishikawa, he is the singer for T.M.Revolution and abingdon boys school.

There are some clips of the show on NHK's YouTube channel, here are some clips of the show to give an idea of what to expect:
(Note that there is an annoying blob mascot that sings, his name is Nusshii, so I expect he will sing Vocaloid songs or something sometimes. He is a blob because he is a swamp/pond fairy, which is a play on the slang of the same word that means you are hooked on something.)

Edit: You have to click play, then it has an "error" message that says to click the link to watch it on the actual YouTube website (can't watch it on VocaVerse).

Thanks, I hate it.

Last edited:

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
I happened to find this article about concerts and the feeling of unity they inspire. It's pretty short, but really nice and well-written; something to feel good about.

Rilena

Knows too much about VOCALOID
Jul 5, 2020
United States of America
That GIF is so awkward. Why is she standing in the middle of a room just swaying left and right? I know it has to do with the colored dots, but the people who made this literally could have made the MEIKO model stretch her arms or something and it would have been more interesting.

peaches2217

I write mediocre OliLen fanfiction.
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Ngl, I think it's adorable! She looks like she's having a good time. (Kinda reminds me of what I do at work when I'm bored and have nothing to do and no shelves to zone: I do stretches, starting with standing with my legs apart and moving my hips back and forth. Tomorrow when I do it, I can imagine I'm just as hot as Meiko!)

First Sound Future

Passionate Fan
Apr 8, 2018
It looks like Zero-G is currently not making any new Vocaloids. Someone asked them about it on Vocaloid Wiki.

...I wonder what happened to their Vocaloid that was supposed to be released in 2016... I guess it got shelved, which is a shame. A mature voice made for Rock music would've been awesome (it's a voice they were planning on making; "a mature rock vocal") I'm just hoping that they are not completely out of the Synth scene. They would benefit more from moving over to SynthV, I feel. SynthV needs more English voices anyway.

xuu

Resident Medium⁵ Fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
Zero-G had multiple projects that were scrapped when V5 was released. That's all I'll say. With any luck, as long as they can cooperate with Dreamtonics we might be able to see them enter the Synthesizer V market. I know that they have interest in it, at least.

lIlI

Staff member
Apr 6, 2018
The Lightning Strike
Zero-G had multiple projects that were scrapped when V5 was released. That's all I'll say. With any luck, as long as they can cooperate with Dreamtonics we might be able to see them enter the Synthesizer V market. I know that they have interest in it, at least.
Oo, what voicebanks were they making/where did you hear about them? :rune_lili:

xuu

Resident Medium⁵ Fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
Oo, what voicebanks were they making/where did you hear about them? :rune_lili:
Well I worked on one of them. It's not really my information to divulge, but one was bilingual (and someone you might already know) and the other was something that would have been pretty controversial. It's really sad that the contract couldn't be renewed since the voice I was helping with was actually ready for release, but that's on Yamaha. Just wanted to explain a bit as to why I'm not particularly... warm to Vocaloid development sometimes. I should probably also say that all the projects that they mentioned before ~2017 were scrapped too.

Exemplar

Enthusiast
May 17, 2018
Let's not forget that Yamaha kinda forced AHS to make Sora a v5 and then they were cool with an updated mandarin bank for Miku that was released in v4 a few months ago.

The lesson of the story is that Yamaha stood up a lot of people with V5. Can't blame Zero G or Internet for being a bit cautious when it comes to signing contracts for new singing synth voices lately because of that.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)