• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

General Discussion Thread

GreenFantasy64

カイミク || Len English || Arsloid || V5/Piapro
Staff member
Apr 9, 2018
soundcloud.com
Can one person make more than one fanclub? I'd like to make one for UNI and SeeU, since they're both so neglected in the west and I do love them so... I'm not sure if I'd be allowed to make more than one, however (I'd only want to make one for those two, since I don't want to overload myself or take too much control). Or can I just make one Koreanloid FC...SeeUNI fanclub lolol
In the Fanclub rules they say you can only have up to 5 clubs (so not to stress yourself out). But you could only make a new club after 7 days have pass after you made one. (^_^) Let me get the link so you can read the rules.

EDIT: Here is the link: Fanclub rules

ohpeach

Digital artist
Apr 8, 2018
earth
deviantart.com
@GreenFantasy64 I don' t know how on earth I keep missing all of these gosh darn rules, I feel so silly how I never seem to catch those guidelines. I'll look around for them and when I don't see them I"ll ask questions that are easily answered if I'd just pay attention-- wheeze Idk why I'm so bad at this/// thank you/////

Reactions: GreenFantasy64

GreenFantasy64

カイミク || Len English || Arsloid || V5/Piapro
Staff member
Apr 9, 2018
soundcloud.com
@GreenFantasy64 I don' t know how on earth I keep missing all of these gosh darn rules, I feel so silly how I never seem to catch those guidelines. I'll look around for them and when I don't see them I"ll ask questions that are easily answered if I'd just pay attention-- wheeze Idk why I'm so bad at this/// thank you/////

No problem, an honest mistake. (^_^)/
I think though that they have rules for each...um...selection and is always the one with a red symbol next to it...?

Reactions: Elsa12TMNT
Does someone know any professional VOCALOID illustrators who allow to use their illustrations for PVs without asking for permission? (Under the conditions that it's non-commercial use and they are being credited, of course.)
I heard there are some people on Piapro who just allow every producer to use their illustrations without having to ask them in the first place. But I don't know anyone by name.

razelberii

Bless the Lord, O my Soul
Apr 8, 2018
雨リカ
razzyru.com
Does someone know any professional VOCALOID illustrators who allow to use their illustrations for PVs without asking for permission? (Under the conditions that it's non-commercial use and they are being credited, of course.)
I heard there are some people on Piapro who just allow every producer to use their illustrations without having to ask them in the first place. But I don't know anyone by name.
Piapro is built for this type of activity! :kaito_move: If you like a certain artwork, leave a comment of the finished video link on the artwork page, and give them a thank you for the illustration. Now, there are works you cannot download, these ones you can't use, because it has a certain license. You can always send a message to ask in advance as well, just to take caution. Is there a certain work you are interested in using? I can check for you as well.

For professional illustrators, do you mean illustrators such as Official illustrators or popular ones? They may have an account on Piapro with artwork you could use as well.

Last edited:
Piapro is built for this type of activity! :kaito_move: If you like a certain artwork, leave a comment of the finished video link on the artwork page, and give them a thank you for the illustration. Now, there are works you cannot download, these ones you can't use, because it has a certain license. You can always send a message to ask in advance as well, just to take caution. Is there a certain work you are interested in using? I can check for you as well.

For professional illustrators, do you mean illustrators such as Official illustrators or popular ones? They may have an account on Piapro with artwork you could use as well.
Good to know. I was confused that some illustrations don't have that "please credit person XY" license at all. Don't they want to be credited?
I didn't choose a special illustration yet, I'm just looking for something that fits in the mood of the Miku song I'm currently working on. I would like to find someone who I don't need to ask because...
1) My Japanese isn't proper enough for this. I don't know how to ask this at all. Out of English-speaking artists there is no one who drew Miku in a way that fits my new song.
2) My previous works were not the best, so I expect that most people will refuse my request if I ask.

razelberii

Bless the Lord, O my Soul
Apr 8, 2018
雨リカ
razzyru.com
Good to know. I was confused that some illustrations don't have that "please credit person XY" license at all. Don't they want to be credited?
I didn't choose a special illustration yet, I'm just looking for something that fits in the mood of the Miku song I'm currently working on. I would like to find someone who I don't need to ask because...
1) My Japanese isn't proper enough for this. I don't know how to ask this at all. Out of English-speaking artists there is no one who drew Miku in a way that fits my new song.
2) My previous works were not the best, so I expect that most people will refuse my request if I ask.
Ah, I should specify, Piapro does expect that you credit the user, from what I see. A simple name and link will work. A thank you is recommended in the description as well~
As for Japanese, if you are still interested send me a PM~ I can also see if I can help find a Miku too if you are interested, I do enjoy looking through pictures of Miku.

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
I wouldn't get my hopes up for Vocaloid tbh, though I'm also not the type that jumps every time Zero-G says anything that always turns out to be Ethera or other voice libraries

If it is Vocaloid related though, it could potentially be selling Japanese Vocaloids like they brought up once, or a couple days ago when they brought up the Zvocqloid Keyboard...

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
Pretty sure they've got something VOCALOID related this time. They've teased us enough by now... Don't know if it's a new VOCALOID or if they've made a deal with Crypton to distribute their VOCALOIDs or something though.

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Agreed, that's why my hopes aren't really up. I don't really consider it as "teasing the Vocaloid fandom" because Vocaloid is never their primary product. The most "teasing" they do is ask opinions like the selling Japanese Vocaloids and Vocaloid Keyboard stuff. I've seen no other teasing aside that really

lIlI

Staff member
Apr 6, 2018
The Lightning Strike
I agree, it's important to note that Zero-G aren't doing anything to target the Vocaloid fandom in particular. They haven't mentioned Vocaloid, and they are broadcasting on their Twitter to all their fans, not just Vocaloid ones. It's easy to assume that everything is about us, but we aren't their main focus as a company. They're going to hype up all their products, not just their Vocaloid releases.

Also fans really aren't letting up with the update demands, haha. ZG is shooting them down like clay pigeons. If they ever do create a Vocaloid update I hope they drop it without warning, Beyonce-style.

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
Have you guys read the replies on that tweet? They flat out said it's not Lola, Sonika, or Miriam, but the replies are hilarious.

Edit: I don't think it's a Vocaloid. I think Zero-G only does 1 or 2 Vocaloids per generation, and V5 isn't out yet.

Reactions: Elsa12TMNT and lIlI

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
If the updated/released anything, I'd love yo see them release it and just not announce it unyil like a month later—see if anyone actually noticed.

And I honestly feel bad for Zero-G at this point, the harassment has gotten too much for me. It seems quite a few are users from Vocaloid Amino (just from going through the feed there), so I assume it is a lot more younger fans. Though I also feel bad of Zero-G ever caved because likely more than half of the people demanding wouldn't purchase it because of various reasons...it's just all a bad situation...and people truly need to learn to be happy with what they have rather than demanding for more even if it would be great to see new or updated libraries

EDIT: I do think the way Zero-G is replying to everything is probably the most entertaining part for me.

Lille

Aspiring Fan
May 3, 2018
How popular is Xin Hua? What do people even think of her? Girl's got two updates but she's completely out of my radar. All I know is that she has pretty much the same colours as Rion v3 but some people somewhere liked her anyways. She even has the same official age as Rion. That's all I know.

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
Based on Niconico Pedia, her entry literally has zero comments. To put that in perspective, other Vocaloids usually have at least 30 pages worth of comments (even Flower, made by the same company, has 30). All I know is that some people don't like her Taiwanese accent.

I really don't think comparing her age/colors to Tone has any meaning. For example, there are several Vocaloids with pink hair (Luka, Nekomura, miki...) and some Vocaloids have no age listed. (Gackpoid and Stardust also have purple hair.) Plus, Xin Hua also has a green hair version for her Japanese bank. You can see concept art of her various potential color schemes here.

I briefly checked the Chinese side of the net and saw someone say her purple hair version reminded them of Mo Qingxian. I dunno, the other Chinese Vocaloids are so much more popular, I honestly think people are more concerned about Vocaloids like Tian Yi (she is mega popular to put it lightly).

Reactions: ngoomie

Lille

Aspiring Fan
May 3, 2018
Even other non-japanese vocaloids have many pages of comments? And eee her alternative colour palettes, I'm aware of them! I've always loved her with dark blonde hair, it looked gorgeous and I thought stood out well from other vocalists, being natural but extremely charming.

It really doesn't have any meaning, it's just one my super few thoughts about her heh. >~< However -- ! the similarities in colours between Luka and Miki for example are much less apparent than Rion and Xin Hua's - Luka's pink is really light, Miki is more of a darker orange. But the purple girls have similar shades, and both wear pink clothing. Put side by side, Luka and Miki would seem quite differente while Rion and Xin Hua would have a somewhat similar build (head area, hair length, torso area). It's just an entertaining coincidence for me, mostly since I've always witnessed backslash against Rion's colours, but when Xin Hua came around everyone complimented her. I really didn't understand. :P

Aw, but Tianyi is incomparable, she's so cute! Thanks for taking a look at such infos, it was helpful! (^ ^)/

Reactions: uncreepy

Pomelo

In 2D hell
Apr 8, 2018
So I was listening to a Vocaloid EDM mix on Youtube and this song was included. The mix just credited the author and Miku, but I'm like 90% sure I hear Yuki too, especially on the drawn out notes (classic breathy Yuki). I tried to Google briefly and didn't come with any concrete results, but what do you guys think?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)