• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

General Discussion Thread

Stardust

Vocal Synth Enthusiast
Aug 14, 2020
Good point. I'll admit I'm a bit paranoid when it comes to things like this, so I apologize if I made anyone start worrying:kyo_ani_lili:

Sep 21, 2019
Man… it’s not like Piko was my most favorite synth or anything but he was pretty high up on my list of synths I’d like to buy. Makes me kinda sad that things ended up like this for an otherwise good synth—from what I’ve heard of him, he’s pretty darn versatile and sounds amazing in the right hands!
Not to sound like one of those “update Piko” people, but I do think he deserved better. It’d be nice if AHS would buy him and then repurpose him for SynthV since that seems to be what they’re linked to right now. I think Piko would probably be good on SynthV. Alas, that’s most likely a pipe-dream.

Nezuh

Official Piko Husband
Apr 17, 2018
Argentina
www.youtube.com

The website is Sony Music Shop and it is listed as SOLD OUT on the upper right corner.
And being so close to his 10th Anniversary :(

It's really a sad day

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
Not to sound like one of those “update Piko” people, but I do think he deserved better. It’d be nice if AHS would buy him and then repurpose him for SynthV since that seems to be what they’re linked to right now. I think Piko would probably be good on SynthV. Alas, that’s most likely a pipe-dream.
It's not like the real Piko absolutely can't record another VB on a different synth for a different company, but again, that's a bit of a pipe dream.

I'll also reiterate a couple of posts that if anyone wants to grab any V2s, do it now, because nobody knows if any other V2 banks will also be retired soon, or if Yamaha will completely drop support for V2.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Probably a silly shitpost.
Thanks! I hope not. If so, that means two companies are commenting on it like it's an actual, at least semi-intelligent thing.

But hey, could be--I don't follow Twitter much, but maybe companies do that :what:.

Stardust

Vocal Synth Enthusiast
Aug 14, 2020
Yamaha remembers that Miku exists
It's good to know that they're still on speaking terms even after their break-up.

Thanks! I hope not. If so, that means two companies are commenting on it like it's an actual, at least semi-intelligent thing.

But hey, could be--I don't follow Twitter much, but maybe companies do that :what:.
They do. A lot. It's why a lot of people consider company twitters to be a bad representation for the brand, or unprofessional in general. Though to be fair, the Miku twitter has always been a bit on the jokey side. Not sure about Yamaha USA though.

Reactions: TheStarPalace

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018

The English Miku account is like a typical Western PR Twitter where they basically are kinda ran by memelords.

This one was pretty funny (OP says "I'm Hatsune Miku")

I didn't really get this one, though.

Reactions: Stardust

Rolo

Watch Levius and Stan Natalia Cromwell
Sep 16, 2019

[/QUOTE]
The joke is that Miku is making a second twitter account.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
They do. A lot. It's why a lot of people consider company twitters to be a bad representation for the brand, or unprofessional in general. Though to be fair, the Miku twitter has always been a bit on the jokey side. Not sure about Yamaha USA though.

The English Miku account is like a typical Western PR Twitter where they basically are kinda ran by memelords.

Hm, that's interesting. I wonder if that behavior might be more predominant among the Western PR Twitters than the Japanese ones, maybe? I follow a few CFM-related Twitters, and while there are a lot Tweets about things like product/other collaborations, concert reschedulings, Wat stuff, etc., I haven't seen anything that I'd call a shitpost. In one way or another, it's all at least potentially useful.

It's not like I have an issue with memes that are actually funny. But the Venn diagram between Miku's or Yukine's first/last names don't even qualify as that. It's just...meaningless. (Which depends on your sense of humor, obviously, which is why I asked about that first post.)

The joke is that Miku is making a second twitter account.
I feel like those two Tweets might be meant to be related. With the context of the first one, the second one gains a certain element of humor.

Edit: Hmm, nope. Dates are wrong for that....

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
I'm guessing that's probably the R2 model--she looks more lifelike than the previous model!

I'm not even sure I should say this, but the bottom picture is one of those where you can clearly tell it was staged. What's going on in this picture even? First of all, what is he holding? Is it an orange slice? A piece of cheese? A block of wood? What is he doing with it--eating? Polishing his teeth? Whatever it is isn't far enough into his mouth to be a proper bite--looks more like a staged bite. And the expression...what does it mean? Is it supposed to be manly/provocative? What's masculine/sexy about taking an obviously ineffective nibble of whatever that is? ("Oh, yes, my sharp fangs will crush...3 mm of this cheese wheel." *wink* *nod*) Or, worse yet, polishing your teeth with it...?

Plus the fact that if you bite an orange slice that way, the juice will gush all over your fingers/shoot you in the face....

Sorry, this is just too weird; I couldn't let it go.... I guess maybe I'm just out of the loop; there could be some context around that person that I'm unaware of because I don't know who it is. Some famous male pop singer with an orange/cheese thing...?

Last edited:
Reactions: MillyAqualine

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Winners of the ForFansByFans x Hatsune Miku "Cozy at Home" challenge have been announced! (Actually, it was a week ago, but I haven't noticed anyone mention it, so here it is. Tweet thread includes a list of the winners!)

Also, the MIKU EXPO Stay Home Mini Song Contest submissions have closed. Results haven't been announced yet.
The video using the song contest submissions and painted Miku figures has been released!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)