• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

General Discussion Thread

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
In case anyone missed it, the Yukari plush is currently on sale and will only be on preorder until Monday, 4 PM Japan time. After that, there are no plans to sell it again, so if you want one, you should order now.

When the listing originally went up last night she sold out completely in the first seven minutes, but now they're being made to order so everyone who wants one and orders one will get it (max of 3 per person). They'll ship in December.

(The site's actually in maintenance right now, I'm guessing from all the traffic, so you'll have to wait a few hours before it becomes available again, but I figured I'd just make this post now and give a heads up.)

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
Not sure where is best to put it, so I am putting my translation here:

So Crimson Technology (Voidol) approached VOCALOMAKETS because they thought it would boost awareness/popularity. Maybe Techno-Speech (CeVIO AI) did the same thing? But either way, they want to expand activities and basically their characters as a brand, it seems. I think it would be safe to assume the same for flower, so maybe now people can stop being so dramatic about moving away from being exclusive to Vocaloid.

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
Hatsune Miku Music Cafe returns again to Ani-On Station Akihabara. The collaboration cafe is titled Hatsune Miku Music Guild this time, and the theme is "fantasy". As usual, special collaboration menu will be offered along with limited merchandise. And just like before, customers can request songs to be played. This time there'll also be a mini-game corner of some kind. The collab cafe will run from Nov 20th to Dec 29th. More details will be announced later.

KingPapillon

vocal synth weirdo
Nov 2, 2020
So I've been emailing Crypton / SONICWIRE for three weeks now trying to get KAITO V3's Mac installer, because for whatever reason its not showing up as a download link in either of my linked accounts. They just keep sending me semi automated responses telling me to click this URL to log into my account. Has anyone ever experienced this? All of this could have been circumvented if I had only purchased him as a download, but 2013 me just HAD to have him in a box to display.

Stardust

Vocal Synth Enthusiast
Aug 14, 2020
So I've been emailing Crypton / SONICWIRE for three weeks now trying to get KAITO V3's Mac installer, because for whatever reason its not showing up as a download link in either of my linked accounts. They just keep sending me semi automated responses telling me to click this URL to log into my account. Has anyone ever experienced this? All of this could have been circumvented if I had only purchased him as a download, but 2013 me just HAD to have him in a box to display.
Have you been sending them emails in Japanese? I did not have this specific problem, but I know that they do not respond to emails in English unless something has changed.

KingPapillon

vocal synth weirdo
Nov 2, 2020
Have you been sending them emails in Japanese? I did not have this specific problem, but I know that they do not respond to emails in English unless something has changed.
Y'know, its super interesting, because I sent emails that were in both japanese and english, because I read the disclosure stating that they only respond to japanese emails, yet they would only respond to me in just english. I also tried contacting the english crypton support email and they just forwarded me to sonicwire where they again asked what my inquiry was in just english.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Stardust

Stardust

Vocal Synth Enthusiast
Aug 14, 2020
Y'know, its super interesting, because I sent emails that were in both japanese and english, because I read the disclosure stating that they only respond to japanese emails, yet they would only respond to me in just english. I also tried contacting the english crypton support email and they just forwarded me to sonicwire where they again asked what my inquiry was in just english.
That is incredibly strange, I suppose they did change how they manage things. I wish you luck in figuring this out, because I do not have an idea of why this is happening. Maybe they do not have as much support for MAC products like they do for Windows?:marie_ork_lili:
You mentioned buying the physical copy, so I would assume it was purchased from Big Fish Audio? Maybe they provide the download for the MAC versions of Crypton products now.

KingPapillon

vocal synth weirdo
Nov 2, 2020
That is incredibly strange, I suppose they did change how they manage things. I wish you luck in figuring this out, because I do not have an idea of why this is happening. Maybe they do not have as much support for MAC products like they do for Windows?:marie_ork_lili:
You mentioned buying the physical copy, so I would assume it was purchased from Big Fish Audio? Maybe they provide the download for the MAC versions of Crypton products now.
I actually bought my Kaito v3 box all the way back in 2013 off of amazon, when he was still new. I just now started looking at his box again, and now that I am looking through it, it makes no mention of mac support anywhere inside or outside of the box, I could've sworn I saw it mention mac on one of the sheets before, but It turned out to be for studio one. Now I'm wondering if this is some type of site error since I registered my copy all the way back in 2013, and I had a copy of kaito that was distributed before mac support was a thing? On my registered products page on crypton's site though, It tells me that I can download the mac installer on sonicwire, but on my linked sonicwire account, I have no option to download anything..

WyndReed

Dareka tasukete!
Apr 8, 2018
???, New York
I actually bought my Kaito v3 box all the way back in 2013 off of amazon, when he was still new. I just now started looking at his box again, and now that I am looking through it, it makes no mention of mac support anywhere inside or outside of the box, I could've sworn I saw it mention mac on one of the sheets before, but It turned out to be for studio one. Now I'm wondering if this is some type of site error since I registered my copy all the way back in 2013, and I had a copy of kaito that was distributed before mac support was a thing? On my registered products page on crypton's site though, It tells me that I can download the mac installer on sonicwire, but on my linked sonicwire account, I have no option to download anything..
Is it not on your crypton account? I have the Kagamine bundle and the dl for their english bank and the mac installers were located on my crypton account.

KingPapillon

vocal synth weirdo
Nov 2, 2020
Is it not on your crypton account? I have the Kagamine bundle and the dl for their english bank and the mac installers were located on my crypton account.
Nope, this is my crypton product page, and the message here basically states that the download for kaito's mac installer has moved to sonicwire, and when i click on it, it directs me to a product support page that doesn't even include kaito. My accounts are linked, and I have no idea what could be causing this.Screen Shot 2020-11-13 at 7.09.27 AM.png

Stardust

Vocal Synth Enthusiast
Aug 14, 2020
That could be possible. But I could have sworn Meiko and Kaito had discs for their Mac installers as well. I have a vague memory of seeing a pale disc with "Meiko V3 Mac installer" on it. But I also swear that the mac installer was on a paper similar to the ones they use for serial codes.

WyndReed

Dareka tasukete!
Apr 8, 2018
???, New York
Nope, this is my crypton product page, and the message here basically states that the download for kaito's mac installer has moved to sonicwire, and when i click on it, it directs me to a product support page that doesn't even include kaito. My accounts are linked, and I have no idea what could be causing this.View attachment 3998
The page where I found the installers was different. This link should work if you’re logged in. It had a list with pictures of my registered products and the mac installers for the kagamines.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Nope, this is my crypton product page, and the message here basically states that the download for kaito's mac installer has moved to sonicwire, and when i click on it, it directs me to a product support page that doesn't even include kaito. My accounts are linked, and I have no idea what could be causing this.View attachment 3998
This is just a random thought, but do you end up going to the same page on Sonicwire if your language there is set to Japanese? (You can change it with the links at the bottom of each page. You'd need to try to go to KAITO's MAC installer page, change the language, and then try to follow the Crypton link to KAITO's MAC installer again.).

I suggest trying this because there are lots of pages on Sonicwire that are language-exclusive, and if you try to go to one, it usually takes you to the Sonicwire homepage. If Sonicwire's support stuff were on a different subdomain or something, that might mean you'd end up on something like a non-KAITO product support page.

KingPapillon

vocal synth weirdo
Nov 2, 2020
That could be possible. But I could have sworn Meiko and Kaito had discs for their Mac installers as well. I have a vague memory of seeing a pale disc with "Meiko V3 Mac installer" on it. But I also swear that the mac installer was on a paper similar to the ones they use for serial codes.
I could've sworn I've seen these too, I also saw someone unbox miku v3 once and i swear it had a mac cd included.

The page where I found the installers was different. This link should work if you’re logged in. It had a list with pictures of my registered products and the mac installers for the kagamines.
Thats interesting, this is the page where I have my registered products (had to cover the code somehow) But yeah, I don't see a link for a download anywhere..
Screen Shot 2020-11-24 at 11.09.36 AM.png

This is just a random thought, but do you end up going to the same page on Sonicwire if your language there is set to Japanese? (You can change it with the links at the bottom of each page. You'd need to try to go to KAITO's MAC installer page, change the language, and then try to follow the Crypton link to KAITO's MAC installer again.).

I suggest trying this because there are lots of pages on Sonicwire that are language-exclusive, and if you try to go to one, it usually takes you to the Sonicwire homepage. If Sonicwire's support stuff were on a different subdomain or something, that might mean you'd end up on something like a non-KAITO product support page.
Are you referring to the browser page language? Because I do have it set to japanese, and I've clicked on just about everything on both sonicwire and crypton's site than can be clicked on lol. I'm 75% sure that at this point, this issue is because I obtained a copy of Kaito v3 before vocaloid mac support was even a thing, and the site's access permissions did something weird with my account somehow.

Thankfully, a guardian angel vocaloid user was able to reach out to me and share their mac installer with me, so its not the biggest deal anymore if I really can't get it from crypton themselves now, this does kind of irk me though because I also have a Luka V4X and MIKU V4X im planning on transferring over to my macbook soon, and I'm wondering if I'll still have these issues.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Are you referring to the browser page language?
Yep, I meant the browser language. That is weird, though. I'm kind of surprised if the site is keeping you from getting the Mac installer, unless when you purchased (i.e. without Mac support) is really a different product than the version with Mac support from Crypton's perspective. :miku2_move:

Glad you got your issue sorted!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)