• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

General Discussion Thread

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
Poor Seika. Not even AHS loves her. It's okay baby, I love you :midorizakikasumi_lili:
It looks bad on first sight, but it's actually because Seika has considerably less samples than the rest orz. Everyone else has around 1000 recordings while Seika only has 200. She actually seems more expensive than I would expect - just a little more than double her price for any of the others and you get five times the amount of content ;;

MillyAqualine

Hardcore Fan
Apr 11, 2018
OMG OMG OMG

I was wondering the other day while staring at her and UNI on Character Planet, if her company would at least do something, even if it's not about an update/release of her long-lost English project =o It's very cool to see they'll celebrate her birthday in a way !

___

Oct 8, 2019
It’s a bit sad that this video is a part of “prism of the past” series suggesting that Vocaloid is something forgotten. I would say it may be over dramatic, but true to some extend
She called SeeU a producer, I don't think it should be taken too seriously, especially considering we're in one of the most fruitful years in terms of vocaloid and overall vocal synth content.

Last edited:

Tortoiseshel

Aspiring Fan
Aug 23, 2021
Is Vocaloid (the software and/or the culture surrounding it) really that confusing that anyone who tries to talk about it from an outsider's perspective is just like, cursed to get at least one basic fact blatantly wrong? Because I'm pretty sure every single one of these "What is Vocaloid?" videos I've seen from someone not in the scene gets at least one basic fact blatantly wrong. Usually more.

ikaroll

I wanna scream
Jan 23, 2020
My computer
outsider's perspective is just like, cursed to get at least one basic fact blatantly wrong?
This is the same software that has people constantly asking on google "is vocaloid an anime?"

Sadly, vocal synth culture seems to be difficult to navigate for outsiders dkvshgs (i know i had a lot to learn when i first discovered vocaloid)

Sep 21, 2019
I remember when I used to be an outsider, but I never found Vocaloid/vocal synths confusing. I understood that Miku and co. aren't real people and are a software (though, admittedly, I once thought it was one of those "secret" software that only certain people get to use; think like how there's animation/computer software exclusive to a particular company) and that the songs are made by countless musicians. :rune_lili:

I feel like the problem lies in that these people likely don't fact check--I feel like the research is there, but the research they did is little more than taking whatever they find and taking it for absolute fact when.... it's just not.:kyo_ani_lili:

aru ii

Your Neighborhood Tianyi Enthusiast!
Feb 12, 2021
VOCALOID4 Editor
I listened to Miku for the first time when I was 9, and for some reason I didn’t questioned the fact that an “anime girl” is singing those songs. Over the years I tried to google “what is Vocaloid”, but when my childish brain saw words like “software” “voice library” “vocal synthesiser” or the images of the interface it just got really confused and ended up just giving up on trying to understand what is Vocaloid. But then Senbonzakura appears in my recommendations and I really liked it, so I was convinced to reader he what Vocaloid is, so I found minnemi’s (un)helpful guide to Vocaloid which made me really interested in Vocaloid.

This is a bit off topic isn’t it ╮( ̄▽ ̄"")╭

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Ah, I remember thinking Vocaloid was actually a band with a digital front, like Gorillaz. I remember seeing a bunch of different covers of Dear You and thinking "That's so cool! All of the members cover these songs individually~" Another oddly specific thing I remember was that, the day I discovered Vocaloid, I decided to look it up on YouTube because it was a snow day and I was trying to pirate Megamind, which was still in theaters at the time, but it was on a shady website and all of the adware slowed my computer down and YouTube was one of the only websites that wasn't affected. I remembered a friend mentioning Vocaloid in passing and decided I'd see what it was all about. Thank you, 144p Handheld Cam-Recorded Megamind!

Last edited:

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
Not related to the current topic, sorry, but Vocalomakets really wants people to write fanfiction of Yukari and/or Akari, apparently.

Funny thing is, they have a list of characters they want people to write about... and it includes every single iteration of Yukari listed separately (Akari is only listed once). So I guess every Yukari is a different person going by Vocalomakets' lore - especially given the line right before the list that says something like 'Not only can you include Yuzuki Yukari, but you can also use Yuzuki Yukari Rei and others!'

Prism

Enthusiast
Jul 18, 2019
My first time with vocaloid was lens cover of Pon Pon Pon at the time the original wasn't on YouTube and my friend recommended it to me. I then saw mmd dances of happy synthesiser and thought it was a dance game like just dance or something.

Reactions: sketchesofpayne

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)