• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

HATSUNE MIKU EXPO 2021 Online

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
According to one of their tweets, Expo 2021 Online is planned to be distributed over YouTube and Twitch.

Edit: Quote from the Kickstarter page's FAQs, just for reference:

Q. Where will the concert be held? / Q. コンサートの実施プラットフォームはどこを予定していますか?

Currently the concert is expected to stream via Twitch and YouTube Live. We will update as the crowdfunding campaign meets its goals.
コンサートの実施プラットフォームは、Twitch、YouTube Liveを予定しております。クラウドファンディングの目標達成後、改めてご報告いたします。
Last updated: Wed, November 11 2020 8:28 PM CST

Last edited:

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Personally, I really enjoyed the song, too. I thought the theme of the lyrics, at least, was a really good picker-upper after all the mess of 2020. And though the video has printed lyrics (which always helps), I thought the song's English was really clear, too!

Last edited:

YOYo_MAMA

I am Thou and Thou aren't Shit...
Oct 19, 2018
The beat and mix is enjoyable, addictive really. I actually bob my head to it after listening. But I just cant get past Miku's nasally pronunciations when she stays on the low note in an already electonic beat, it kinda mixes that in becomes indistinguishable . And some words are understandable in a way you can understand a toddler trying to talk cause I keep hearing the words dream as "dweem", highlight as "harlight", try as "twy". I'll blame that on the VB and software limitations. Thank god they put the lyrics on the video.

Last edited:

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
And some words are understandable in a way you can understand a toddler trying to talk cause I keep hearing the words dream as "dweem", highlight as "harlight", try as "twy". I'll blame that on the VB and software limitations.
It's not really "toddler" so much as "Japanese girl singing English with an accent"; it's unfair to call it a software limitation or compare it to infantile speech when it's just the result of a non-native accent. On its own merit, it's a great use of her English! I just don't like the song itself.

Reactions: ___

Rolo

Watch Levius and Stan Natalia Cromwell
Sep 16, 2019
I think to be fair some of the issues with Miku’s English VB really do come from the VB itself. Crypton isn’t known for their quality English VB’s and even Luka has some very similar issues to Miku in terms of sound and pronunciation. Some of it can be Saki’s English but people even noted there was a big difference between Kaito’s English and Naoto’s especially when they sing so idk if you can really say it’s just because Saki isn’t a native speaker.

___

Oct 8, 2019
I think to be fair some of the issues with Miku’s English VB really do come from the VB itself. Crypton isn’t known for their quality English VB’s and even Luka has some very similar issues to Miku in terms of sound and pronunciation.
I feel like there's little too much prejudice against Miku's english because of her V3, I don't really think her V4 eng is as bad as some make it out to be.

Some issues definitely stem from the vb itself, criticizing it for being muffled and nasally is fair, what isn't fair is equating japanese accent to infantile speech.

Some of it can be Saki’s English but people even noted there was a big difference between Kaito’s English and Naoto’s especially when they sing so idk if you can really say it’s just because Saki isn’t a native speaker.
There are several factors: sometimes vocaloid amplifies the accent, sometimes capturing an accent is deliberate ( Macne Nana), it's faithful recreation of japanese accent nonetheless and the vocaloid engine didn't suddenly make it poof into existence ( Gumi eng isn't exactly a quality vb either but she has little to no accent). V4 eng is considered to be big improvement from her V3 and the main thing they did to improve it was changing the recording process and used the "Macne Nana method" and instead of trying to hide her accent they embraced it and let it flow resulting in much more natural and better functioning voicebank, so really trying to supress an accent isn't that great of an idea as some might think.

And granted there's big difference between Kaito's japanese vociebanks and Naoto Fuuga's singing in japanese as well.

Reactions: peaches2217

Rolo

Sep 16, 2019
Yeah I can definitely see some of that and agree I think there are many factors that go into a VB and pronunciation and that’s my point is to say with so much going on with one you can’t say it’s because of one reason or that someone can’t talk about how Miku pronounces words. She is a paid product after all I don’t think it’s immediately coming for Saki’s pronunciation to say Miku says some words in English weird. The accent plays a role but so do other things that’s why I bring up the difference between Naoto and Kaito because Naoto’s accent doesn’t affect his pronunciation when he sings yet Kaito does have many issues singing in English which are very similar to Miku and you can hear that in the song scissorhand.

*Edit*
Plus quite honestly English VB’s have kinda been an afterthought for Crypton so I don’t expect them to get the same level of care and quality their Japanese VB’s do.

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
I can agree that the issue of accents in Vocaloid banks are... very odd, and I'm not sure of the intricacies or every outside force that affects how the final product sounds. Yeah, there's English banks that struggle with pronunciation of certain words (Oliver comes to mind; that boy's a pain), and it can be attributed to bad or incorrect recordings just as much as the VP's accent. But all of the above-mentioned words that Miku "toddler-spoke" just sound like... well, the way a Japanese person might say them, honestly, and I think those at least are a result of accent rather than bad recordings. I've noticed that she consistently pronounces her Rs a bit broadly, often resulting in them sounding like Ws, kinda like Nana but much more subtle. Were it just an error, it wouldn't be nearly so consistent.

I apologize if this sounds rambly. I just think it's a tad off-color to compare an adult's voice to a toddler's when they're just speaking/singing in a language they're not native in.

Reactions: Rolo

Rolo

Sep 16, 2019
Yeah I can understand that. The R thing is definitely more of an accent issue than the VB probably since Japanese has the whole L/R being similar and whatnot.

Reactions: Jisenku

Rolo

Sep 16, 2019
Would’ve been awesome if they made outfits for everyone a goal, I’m sure they would’ve got a lot of backers but this is crypton so 😔

Reactions: Scarlet Illusion

Ronny777

VOCALOID5 Tuner
Dec 10, 2020
Canada
soundcloud.com
What i think might happen is that the voices that have these problems are recorded as characters and not as singers. So, Japanese to English voicbanks might keep the "character voice" but its not very common for english singers that are main-steam to have that sort of aesthetic so it just sounds uncanny.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)