• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

HATSUNE MIKU EXPO 2021 Online

Sep 21, 2019
I don’t think I’ll be able contribute outside of spreading awareness, but I hope they meet their goal! This would be wonderful!
I have my doubts about CFM at times, but they really came through with this, so bless them. I’m honestly so happy I could cry. :’D

Aia

DDR-tist
Jul 14, 2019
The Internet™
I'm so happy that they're doing this! I can just imagine lots of people who always wanted to see Miku Expo but were never able... though I'm sure it probably won't top the live ones, it's so exciting!!!

• Love
Reactions: Scarlet Illusion

Heart-Eclipse-Dogma

Dedicated Yukaria Shipper
Sep 26, 2020
*sobs in "I had VIP tickets before it was cancelled"*
Well, I'm happy that it's still going to happen! Even though it's no live concert, at least we get to have one TwT RIP to all the people who bought merch ahead of time, though, lol.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Hm, I have a variety of feelings about this.

I can see why people might hypothetically balk at the idea of a crowdfunded concert. But the truth is, assuming that concerts work the same as other products, ticket sales have always been a sort of crowdfunding anyway. If no one bought tickets, the expenses of the show wouldn't be covered, and possibly it wouldn't even run.

There are also the potential drawbacks of a live vs in-person event. Given the situation, I think those things will be the best they can reasonably be.

Those things aside, there are a number of things I love about this.

To begin with, I've always been a bit sad about the fact that there must be a lot of people who want to go to a concert who aren't able. Because being a fan, being a part of vocal synth culture, can be such positive experiences, and because going to a concert is (I think) sort of a milestone moment in the minds of many fans, I really, firmly believe that as many people who want to go should be able to go as possible. This sort of event makes that possible. To be honest, I'm not sure if it's the first time, but I don't think I'm wrong in saying that official, live-streamed, worldwide-accessible concerts happen RARELY.

Additionally, I'm sure lots of people here know the feeling or have heard it from other fans of something that comes from the Japanese media scene: the idea that Japan always gets the best stuff, stuff that the rest of the world doesn't get. I would assume the reasons for this aren't always out of some kind of stinginess, but are probably more logistical/financial/business-related; after all, franchises from other countries don't always go out of their way to sell their products overseas, either. To be honest, there is a lot of stuff that goes on in Japan even related to the Cryptonloids that doesn't make it abroad. But for as much of a challenge as it probably is for CFM to put on concerts in foreign countries, I have to appreciate how they've taken care of us throughout all of this Expo/COVID thing. They went through all the effort of rescheduling the events twice, losing some money in the process, and then, when it did eventually become too much to continue with, they expanded the use of the very new online event genre that they seem to have been piloting in Japan and tried to bring that overseas. I know their handling of Expo must've at least had to pass muster in terms of feasibility from a business perspective, but the entire sense I get is that they really know and feel something for how fans have been looking forward to seeing these concerts. That's something really special.

For me personally, those things make this a good cause. I'm looking forward to the crowdfunding details; as long as nothing prevents it, I'd like to contribute.

Last edited:

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018

CFM shared two blog articles about the online Expo. A few new points were included:
  • As with Miku Expo, sub-events/exhibitions are planned to be held online, if fundraising reaches the associated required goals.
  • The crowdfunding page and reward gifts are slated to be announced in mid-November.

Last edited:

Rolo

Watch Levius and Stan Natalia Cromwell
Sep 16, 2019
Looking at the most expensive reward $5000 and I’m surprised 2 people already bought it. Miku sure does have some dedicated fans

Reactions: Krin and WyndReed

WyndReed

Dareka tasukete!
Apr 8, 2018
???, New York
The $1000 and $5000 tiers are gone now. It’s strange to me that they are gone already.
Edit: I wanted to donate, but none of the reward tiers seem all that interesting to me. :/

Reactions: Rolo

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Just donated myself! I'm super thrilled to be a part of this! After all the ups/downs of the past year, I really want to see us blow the roof off the goals and make a concert that everyone can enjoy!

I honestly think the rewards are pretty amazing, too. I expected the merch, but the concert is being handled like a semi-collaborative effort between CFM and the backers. So some of the reward tiers let backers suggest stage effects, provide MyMiku drawings for use in the concert, or pick songs. Plus the opportunity to get a concert video, music files, a picture of yourself with Miku...really good stuff.

But as intoxicatingly good as I think the rewards are...let's do this for all the folks who haven't been to a concert before, and to put a spear of light through the often-depressing funk we've lived in for the past year! :meiko_move::miku_ani_lili:

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
I've done my part of the funding as well (even though I already fund CFM constantly by buying stuff, I want to show my support for this endeavour also).

And they've reached the initial goal already!

Reactions: mobius017

Eviltreat16

Probably an Artist, Probably a Praying Mantis
Apr 8, 2018
I knew it would be funded... I've seen how fast AHS kickstarters get funded. I was just wondering how long it would take and now wondering how much more will be raised since it's a 60 Day Kickstarter.
Maybe they will add more stretch goals if it goes past the 50k yen mark (though not sure what they would add... Encore? More songs?)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)