• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Hatsune Miku

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
@Zunkari_Official Welcome! I recently (just today) became caretaker for the fanclub, since we haven't seen Hatsune-hakase for a few months. I've added your name to the list of club members in the OP. Feel free to add one of the FC userbars to your signature if you want, and please enjoy your time here!

Last edited:
Reactions: GreenFantasy64

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Hi everyone!

Our club's been a little quiet for awhile, so I'm looking to make some changes that will hopefully make things a little more fun and interesting for everyone. To that end, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Some of the stuff I've had in mind...

Reformatting of the OP
The OP we have has a lot of great information in it, but that also makes it a pretty big wall of text (thought a lot of it is spoiler-tagged). When I get a few minutes, I'm planning to look at making a few updates to it to make it look a little more approachable. Nothing too major--condense some wording, add some headings, maybe some other stuff; the same content will be there, but hopefully it'll be a little less of a wall.

Mikuration/Albums
Mikuration (details are in the OP) seemed to be something everyone enjoyed while it was still going on, though IIRC it sort of fell by the wayside. If people are interested, we could start that up again. If anyone (especially our current Mikurators, @Hatsune-hakase, @ZAR-PARTY, @RazzyRu, and @hamano) has ideas about things that did/didn't work about the old Mikuration system, we could make some changes so that it works better! And if anyone wants to become/stop being a Mikurator, this is as good a time as any to discuss that, too.

I've also been thinking of moving our Mikurator content into one or more albums. It might be a little more fun and interactive than our current simple main posts with a list of links as an archive. It should also make it easy to maintain the history of submitted stuff and when it was submitted, and to browse/play the submissions.

Club Creations
Another idea I had was to create a club creation archive. We haven't really showcased content created by club members in the OP, and this would basically be another album where club members could share their Miku-related creations. That could be anything that can be stored in an album--music, images, videos, etc.

If we do put in something like that, I'm a little torn on what kind, if any, guidelines we should have about the content that can be submitted. Some things seem relatively sensible--no NSFW content, items must include Hatsune Miku in some fashion, that sort of thing. But I'm also wondering if we should try to ensure that the archive remains representative of all our club members. I think our current members are all reasonable, but it might be undesirable to have someone new at some point in the future come in and pump their entire discography of 60+ songs into the archive as some kind of self-promotion thing. Some suggestions I had along those lines include
  • Maybe a limited number of tracks per album, if your music has been released as an album
  • Limit of number of tracks per period of time (say 3 tracks per 2 months?)
  • Maybe make the archive for non-paid items only? That is, content in the archive can't be distributed for a fee.
I'm very open for suggestions and discussion on this point, as any guidelines should be fair and not unduly exclude anyone's work, and the club as a whole should be involved in deciding what such guidelines are. Once we get some discussion going, I can put a poll in to help us decide on these things.

Other Stuff
Does anyone have other suggestions regarding new stuff to do/changes to ways we've done things in the past?

Here's to a club that's fun for all of us! I look forward to everyone's thoughts!

Reactions: razelberii

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
I'm willing to continue as a Mikurator!

One problem with the Mikurator system was that if a Mikurator was skipping their turn/going on a temporary hiatus/didn't submit the content for some reason etc. the other Mikurators didn't know it beforehand and this messed up the schedule. Mikurators should inform the club manager if they know they're too busy to make their picks. The club manager should then inform other Mikurators about this well in advance. Overall the Mikurating system worked well in the beginning, after that the schedule went messy.

A functioning schedule requires the club manager to be active too, updating the OP and possibly reminding the next Mikurator of their turn.

I like the Club Creations idea! Of course there has to be a limit of works per member, but I'm not sure what kind of limit. 2 works/month? (By "work" I mean anything, a song, piece of art, video etc.)

Regarding other stuff, we just need a way to keep the club active. It's just that there's no easy answer on how. Members are what makes the club, we just need some discussion here.

It'd be fun to have stuff like polls/ small competitions or some other club events. One thing I actually thought of half-seriously during the summer was a Miku quiz competition for the members, I might even have some random small stuff like a rubber strap or can badge I could send to the winner(s). Of course the prize could be a special badge to put on your signature or something non-physical. I even thought of some questions but I didn't know if there would be enough members participating, so I just stopped planning (I still have some questions written down though).

Overall I can't really come up with too many ideas on what to add or improve just now. I'll tell you if I come up with more to say.
Looking forward to hear what others have to say!

GreenFantasy64

カイミク || Len English || Arsloid || V5/Piapro
Staff member
Apr 9, 2018
soundcloud.com
Hey guys, what are your top three favorite banks of Miku? :miku_ani_lili:

I think right now for me it would be:
1. Dark (V4)
2. English (V4)
3. Solid (V4)

:miku_rylitah:

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Hey guys, what are your top three favorite banks of Miku? :miku_ani_lili:

I think right now for me it would be:
1. Dark (V4)
2. English (V4)
3. Solid (V4)

:miku_rylitah:
Mm, for me right now it'd be
  1. V4 English
  2. V3 English
  3. V4 Dark
I like a darker, smoother tone for Miku. V3 Dark is great for that. V3 English is also good in that regard, and I also really like what it does for her pronunciation if you set up XSY for it.

Last edited:
Reactions: GreenFantasy64

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
A quick update on ongoing changes: if you look at the OP, you can see that I've been reformatting it a bit. I'll probably keep picking at the text a little (and I still have some experimenting to do with albums that might be used for Mikuration/Club Creations), but you can see the results of some paring down/reorganization efforts, as well as some new headings/heading style tweaks to make them pop a little more and hopefully make the page easier to read. Our favorite songstress is making a stronger presence on the page in that regard, too. :)

Also, we now have a banner! Graphic design isn't a particular forte of mine, but I did the best I could. Although it's simple, I think it actually looks pretty nice; hopefully that's an opinion you'll share, but let me know what you think.

Last edited:

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Found this song recently. I feel like it probably speaks to a lot of us:

"Until I throw away my dreams and become an adult."

As you can see from the subtitles, it's all about deciding between pursuing one's dreams or becoming an adult. Or if those two options aren't really mutually-exclusive after all.

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
40mP uploaded this song last week:

I didn't bother to research more, but the song is connected to two light novels 40mP has written and published recently.

I just love 40mP's way of tuning Miku's voice^^ And his songs are all around beautiful as always.

Btw, any ETA for relaunching the Mikurator system? I've had my picks ready for around 3 months now haha Also, will all the old Mikurators continue or are the others still unconfirmed?

Last edited:
Reactions: mobius017

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Btw, any ETA for relaunching the Mikurator system? I've had my picks ready for around 3 months now haha Also, will all the old Mikurators continue or are the others still unconfirmed?
I actually meant to make an update about Mikuration tomorrow (wanted to give a week or so after Miku Expo finished so that people might be more settled and looking at VVN again). I haven't heard back from the other Mikurators yet (@Hatsune-hakase, @ZAR-PARTY, @RazzyRu)--do you guys want to resume mikurating, or do you want to be removed from the list? I didn't really phrase the post awhile back as though to look for confirmation from existing Mikurators, but it probably makes sense to double-check who's interested in mikurating nowadays.

Not sure how everyone else feels about it, but I'd think we might need at least 3 people to make the Mikurator system really fair/workable. Otherwise @hamano would be the only one currently.

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
^ I agree, 3 Mikurators is a minimum (with 2 people a weekly rotation would be a bit tight, in that case the OP should be updated once a month). But there's no sense in doing it alone.
I hope we get enough Mikurators to get the system rolling again. It's not just the old Mikurators, new Mikurators are also more than welcome!

New members are also welcome, I'd love to see more activity on this club. As it stands, we have 19 members, but only a handful have posted here during the past 2-3 months. I understand that people might be busy, but still it'd be great if we could keep this club active.

--------------------------------

Which design of Miku do you folks like the best btw? V2,V3 or V4?
I'd say V2 being her original and established appearance is my favourite. Having said that, I also like V4 a lot. V3 is by no means bad either, but to me it's more like a variation of her V2 appearance than a completely separate design.
Then there's V4 Chinese too, but I don't know where I'd place her on my scale (since that's again more like a derivative of her V4 design), probably on a shared 3rd place with V3.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
I'm willing to continue as a Mikurator!
Thanks very much! Glad to have you back!

One problem with the Mikurator system was that if a Mikurator was skipping their turn/going on a temporary hiatus/didn't submit the content for some reason etc. the other Mikurators didn't know it beforehand and this messed up the schedule. Mikurators should inform the club manager if they know they're too busy to make their picks. The club manager should then inform other Mikurators about this well in advance. Overall the Mikurating system worked well in the beginning, after that the schedule went messy.
Agreed. The way we handled this before was honestly something I always disagreed with. I'd really like if we could have new Mikurator content every week. But if someone can't do a week, I don't think it's really fair to expect the next Mikurator to cover that week--that immediately shortchanges that Mikurator in terms of time, because we probably won't know over a week in advance. Sometimes random stuff comes up, or else the current person may keep meaning to get to it, etc., and the notification to the next Mikurator gets pushed later and later. It's much better, I think, to just skip that week. If a particular Mikurator keeps consistently missing their turn, I can ask them if they're interested in continuing or want their name removed from the list, and we can go from there. How does that sound for a plan?

A functioning schedule requires the club manager to be active too, updating the OP and possibly reminding the next Mikurator of their turn.
Agreed--that was pretty much the reason I asked the mods if I could start taking care of the club. We did ok for 3 months or so without a caretaker present, but recently we've actually needed to update the OP (for new members and such), so we couldn't go on that way. I hope that if Hatsune-hakase returns, he'll understand what happened and be cool with it.

I like the Club Creations idea! Of course there has to be a limit of works per member, but I'm not sure what kind of limit. 2 works/month? (By "work" I mean anything, a song, piece of art, video etc.)
Glad you like it! I'm really looking forward to putting it in. Shouldn't be too long; I want to test something regarding albums. It'd also be nice if there were some way to make the album belong to the club rather than me personally, but that might be something to look into more/ask a mod about once I've got things set up so we can see what things look like; I think the items in whatever album I make could be migrated to a new album if they had to be, so we're not wasting any effort there.

I think 2 works/month sounds reasonable. We can use that as the rule unless anyone has some objection.

razelberii

Bless the Lord, O my Soul
Apr 8, 2018
雨リカ
razzyru.com
I haven't heard back from the other Mikurators yet --do you guys want to resume mikurating, or do you want to be removed from the list?
Ah, sorry about the late response on that.

I've been a bit busy these days so unfortunately I'll ask that I be removed from the Mikurator list, would that be alright?

And to continue, I'm down with the Club Creations idea! Is that where a user makes a work and shares? Just to make sure I am understanding correctly. I'm all for that~

I take it all of them isn't an option, heh.

V2 definitely is a nice look. It's difficult to pick another one since it's such a major part for how the rest of the designs appeared. I do like V3 just for the sake that it looks similar but has a white shirt instead.
But, it's hard for me to settle down on one. I like them all, really, so long as it's Miku :miku_ani_lili:

For now, I'll go with V2! The classic!

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Regarding other stuff, we just need a way to keep the club active. It's just that there's no easy answer on how. Members are what makes the club, we just need some discussion here.

It'd be fun to have stuff like polls/ small competitions or some other club events. One thing I actually thought of half-seriously during the summer was a Miku quiz competition for the members, I might even have some random small stuff like a rubber strap or can badge I could send to the winner(s). Of course the prize could be a special badge to put on your signature or something non-physical. I even thought of some questions but I didn't know if there would be enough members participating, so I just stopped planning (I still have some questions written down though).
That's a really generous offer! It'd be cool to do some kind of club activities, though it might be better for the prizes to be digital/forum-centered, like the forum badges you mentioned. Mostly because probably not everyone would be comfortable sharing their mailing address, so we would almost need to have a prize that supports that preference regardless, unless we checked with all the participants ahead of time. Then, of course, there's the issue of the expense (of shipping, and of the items themselves)--if someone volunteers to provide those items, that's fine, but I wouldn't want anyone to be stuck providing items consistently. Though someone would have to create the badges, too, which is its own kind of expense (invested time).

I hope we get enough Mikurators to get the system rolling again. It's not just the old Mikurators, new Mikurators are also more than welcome!
Agreed--new members are very welcome to request to become Mikurators! Just say so in a post (maybe @ mention me just to make it jump out that much more) or PM me!

I've been a bit busy these days so unfortunately I'll ask that I be removed from the Mikurator list, would that be alright?
Nah, it's totally not ok. The tapping sound you hear is Miku at your door with a giant leek stalk in hand--

Yeah, it's cool :). Stuff happens; we'll miss your picks, but it's a fan club, not a tour of duty in the armed forces. :)

And to continue, I'm down with the Club Creations idea! Is that where a user makes a work and shares? Just to make sure I am understanding correctly. I'm all for that~
Yep, that's what I have in mind. Club members could share any original, Miku-related content they've created. When I put it up, I'll include a draft of the guidelines, including the 2 works/month thing we've been discussing.

I'd say V2 being her original and established appearance is my favourite. Having said that, I also like V4 a lot. V3 is by no means bad either, but to me it's more like a variation of her V2 appearance than a completely separate design.

Then there's V4 Chinese too, but I don't know where I'd place her on my scale (since that's again more like a derivative of her V4 design), probably on a shared 3rd place with V3.
V2 is always going to be special since she's the original. I think when anyone mentions Hatsune Miku, that's the image that comes to mind--all the others are sort of derivatives of her. (That's why I used V2 in the fanclub banner.)

Having said that, my favorite's V4. I personally prefer her official art over V2's official art--V4 just looks smoother and more lifelike to me. But more importantly, V4 is the first Vocaloid I ever bought, and though I haven't actually released anything with her yet (still training/working on it), she's going to be my right arm. :)

Last edited:

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Phew.... I've been busy today!

So, I've made a bunch of edits to the OP. As I've been discussing (Mostly with @hamano and @RazzyRu, though anyone's welcome to chime in!), I've moved all our past Mikuration items into two new Mikuration albums and updated the verbiage regarding Mikuration (and several other areas of the OP). The featured items are the same, but they're getting pulled from the Mikuration albums now, and the past items show up as gallery embeds so we get a nice colorful preview/interactive display. I've also pretty much set up the Club Creations area! (You'll see there's a placeholder piece of official art there now, but once we get a submission I'll replace that.)

My intention for these areas is that they'll be editable by club members. Mikurators will be able to add their content to the Mikuration albums, and since I'm watching them, the site will notify me when they do. That will automatically tell me that the OP can be updated. Similarly, when they join the club, all new club members will have permission added to add/edit/remove stuff from the Club Creations album. So as they create things, they can update the album whenever they'd like. This approach requires a certain amount of responsibility and trust among club members, but hopefully that shouldn't be an issue.

I think I've done everything needed to set these areas up except for adding the permissions for club members to do the various things--just wanted to give people a chance to look at the OP and give me any feedback/thoughts they have before going ahead with that. (And obviously we'd need to have a few more Mikurators before there's any need to worry about setting up people in those albums.)

So...what do you guys think about our shiny new stuff?

Last edited:

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
Is it just a work in progress thing that the videos don't show up currently?
Screenshot_20181216-142907.png
Clicking "View media item" gives me a message saying I don't have permission to view this media.

Anyway, I think the OP looks pretty good!

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Is it just a work in progress thing that the videos don't show up currently?
View attachment 1706
Clicking "View media item" gives me a message saying I don't have permission to view this media.

Anyway, I think the OP looks pretty good!
Oops, sorry, that was me screwing up :kaito3_move:. I had the music archive set to be visible to only me while testing it on my profile (only place I could really test it, I think), and I forgot I needed to make it visible for everyone once I put it into the OP. Good catch, @hamano! Glad you like it!

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
FYI, I've gone ahead and added @ZAR-PARTY and @hamano to the list of people who can add content to our Mikuration albums. If you want, hamano, why don't you go ahead and put the new picks you made so long ago in there? Might as well give them their time to shine!

Also, I've added all of our club members (@Hatsune-hakase, @First Sound Future, @ZAR-PARTY, @RazzyRu, @Rayduxz, @idoltrash69, @MikuHatsune, @GreenFantasy64, @ohpeach, @39dearMIKU, @hamano, @goldenchild, @CallmeNerdy, @MikuVocaloid39, @WintermintP, @Tainted, @megalines, @Zunkari_Official) to the list of people who are able to add items to our new Club Creations album! So please check that out in the OP (there are a few simple, mostly-commonsense guidelines, as we've been discussing), and if you have original content you'd like to share, please do! (That placeholder item from me is still in there, but I'll take it out once we get an actual original work. :) )

That's it for this update! Please check out our new stuff, and have fun!

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Cool! So @hamano has added his new Mikuration picks to the Mikuration albums, and I've updated the OP. Really, really nice to see some new featured items there! The notifications came through just fine, so we can be sure the technical side of the new Mikuration system is working.

Hamano has made some nice picks for us. I personally thought the "Dreamless Dreams" song was really good, and "Unknown Mother Goose" is a classic (though wowaka isn't always regarded as warmly on the internet as I think s/he could be; maybe it's because of the drama related to how s/he left producerdom?). The "Icon" art is really, really cute, too!

Next up on our Mikuration list is @ZAR-PARTY!

@Hatsune-hakase, @First Sound Future, @ZAR-PARTY, @Rayduxz, @idoltrash69, @MikuHatsune, @GreenFantasy64, @ohpeach, @39dearMIKU, @goldenchild, @CallmeNerdy, @MikuVocaloid39, @WintermintP, @Tainted, @megalines, @Zunkari_Official: If anyone else wants to try out being a Mikurator and show off their favorite Miku stuff for the entire club, or else update their Mikurator status, please go ahead and post/PM me! We still need some more people to get Mikuration going again!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)