• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Hatsune Miku

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
In case you missed it, to celebrate their 100th race Goodsmile Racing had 11 artists to illustrate the Racing Mikus from different years

Gallery:

There's also a fanart contest that's ending on the 19th of this month. I was planning to enter when it was first announced, but I didn't have time.

Reactions: mobius017

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Hey everyone! My Mikuration picks for November are up!

I went with a loose Thanksgiving theme, in recognition of the holiday that (a few?) countries observe this month.

To start with, I chose one of my favorite Vocaloid tracks, as well as a Mirai classic: "39みゅーじっく!" ("39 Music!") by Mikito-P! I enjoy the song very much on its own, of course, but equally important to me is how it was used to open Mirai 2016. With the song's high energy, it was an incredible opener for the concert, and the choreography was just as memorable. As she marched across the stage (sometimes walking backward with rhythmic steps); shot her hand high aloft for the song's climax; and threw a self-assured, sort of flippant two-finger salute to the audience near the end, I think the description "cool" is a very fitting one.

For my other track, I picked "恋愛裁判" ("Love Trial") by 40mp. I don't have too much in particular to say about this one, except that it's been another favorite of mine for a long while.

The art this month sort of resumes the Thanksgiving theme. It's 無題 by -匙-; I think the translation of the title is "Untitled." Thanksgiving might be different this year for a lot of people, and this scene of Rin and Miku at a table together sharing pizza appeals to me, because I think that even a simple thing like this could make for a very nice holiday. The pandemic and alternative ways of observing our holidays aside, holidays are often difficult times for people, with family drama, mad shopping sessions, and so forth. It seems like it would be really nice just to spend some quiet time with people you want to be with, even if all you can do for that special day is share delivered pizza.

• Love
Reactions: Scarlet Illusion

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
Nice choices as always. I've had the fortune of seeing 39 Music live, and it's an absolute blast! It was even in my first-ever Miku concert (MM2017) that I'm extremely glad they played it there.

Personally I'm not familiar with thanksgiving (I suppose it's an america-only thing), but I can understand what the theme you chose is about.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Nice choices as always. I've had the fortune of seeing 39 Music live, and it's an absolute blast! It was even in my first-ever Miku concert (MM2017) that I'm extremely glad they played it there.

Personally I'm not familiar with thanksgiving (I suppose it's an america-only thing), but I can understand what the theme you chose is about.
Thanks @hamano!

Hm, I'm sort of surprised and sort of not--peeking around a bit on the internet, it looks like only a few countries celebrate a Thanksgiving-type holiday. I think I had an idea of that, but it seems like there are maybe 5-8 or so. Anyway, for the benefit of anyone who's interested, speaking purely offhand, Thanksgiving, in the US at least, is a basically non-religious occasion on which people give thanks for anything/everything. Traditionally, families/extended families gather and share a large meal, which usually includes turkey, stuffing/dressing (which I think you'd describe as a dish made of bread crumbs mixed with gravy and other items of your choice), cranberry sauce, maybe apple/pumpkin pie, and...basically anything else you want. All of the dishes can vary, though--some people get away from turkey and opt for other, non-traditional meals, although a radical departure would probably be met with surprise. At least in the US, the event is supposed to commemorate a celebratory meal shared by an early group of settlers and the Native Americans who lived here already, after the former survived a difficult initial winter and came to be educated about how to live in the new land by the latter. However, there have been doubts raised about how absolutely historically accurate this story is.

Reactions: ThatGirlMyra

Jackiore

Miku-Oshi all the way
Jul 8, 2020
Oh, this is the Miku Club!!
Can I join in the fun?
I'm a proud fan of her since 2016, although she was not the first Vocaloid I encountered (It was Rin with Tokyo Teddy Bear xd).
Anyways, her voice as well as the producers songs had helped me trough rough times. I can't properly express all my gratitude towards them, and that's practically the main reason I wanna join. Because Miku is us, and we are Miku!

Well, I'm just gonna drop one of my favorites songs, from an underrated producer 😭 (Although he won the MM contest this year lol):

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Welcome @Jackiore! I've added you to the club's member list. You can also add Miku-related content to the Club Creations album (described in the OP) and/or grab a fanclub userbar if you'd like, too!

Jisenku

womp womp
Nov 17, 2020
idk anymore
jisenku.carrd.co
Ooh Miku Fanclub hecc yess

Song:

I was a fan of Miku back in 2016~2017 and have loved her ever since. I like darker songs for sure... but Kikuo is a bit too much for me. ;~: I'd rather keep my sanity thank you very much. Beyond that, I also enjoy artists like Mitchie M, Yunosuke, MikiotoP, and others.

ight i wish to be miku worshiper

• Haha
Reactions: ThatGirlMyra

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Welcome @BlueJ! I've added you to the clubs member list, and you can now add Miku-related content to the Club Creations album (described in the OP) if you wish, too! Please feel free to grab a fanclub userbar if you'd like as well!

Another Yunosuke fan! I enjoy a good bit of their music also; some really energetic tracks!

Reactions: Jisenku

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
@hamano's Miration picks for December are up in the OP! Really nice picks--Clean Tears is one of my favorite producers, and "1/6 Out of the Gravity" is one of my favorite songs. And that 1/6 space artwork by YuukiMIX is really cool!

Reactions: Jisenku

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Happy New Year! My Mikuration choices for January are in the OP!

I made a post in one of VVN's "opinions" threads not too long ago where I mentioned enjoying how vocal synths can be applied to basically any music genre, not just EDM. I decided to take that as my theme this month and picked some Miku songs from types of music that we don't commonly hear.

The first is "Noiseless Heart," a jazzy song by Mitchie M. I really enjoy the saucy horn work in this song. And you don't hear Miku with this much attitude in her voice too often!

The second song is "Koi no Melody" by Aura Qualic. (I can't explain the title at all; it's not about fish.) This song was modeled after 80s music. To be honest, that's too early to be nostalgic for me, but when you listen to it, it's hard not to be drawn back to a time that seems sunnier and simpler. And in any case, it's a love song (Both songs are, actually.). It's fun to listen to and kind of wonder if things were ever really like that. Plus, I love the synth that does the main instrumental hook (I think it's the right word--the catchy part.). It just seems like it would set the 80s mood perfectly.

For the artwork, I chose "ミク" ("Miku") by Bib. In a way, this piece doesn't entirely fit the "diverse genre" theme. But it does remind me of one of the few major ways in which I see Miku. It's from the realistic way she's drawn, particularly her non-stylized hair/clothes and complicated expression. It's obviously her/her iconic outfit, but there's something humble & ordinary, too. She looks like a collaborator who's been waiting to get to work. And mostly, but especially when I put on my producer hat (which I'm still breaking in and trying to figure out how to wear properly), this is the facet of her that I see. And since diverse, individual producers are the source of all the diverse kinds of music we hear, this art sort of does fit with the theme, in a way.

Last edited:

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
Koi no Melody is such a cool song! (Koi btw in this instance (written with the kanji 恋) means love, so it's "the melody of love". It's a bit of a secret that I've actually been slowly on/off making a song of my own in 80's synthpop genre ( with italo disco influences). (Well, it's not really a secret, but I haven't talked about it since I can't even say if I'll ever finish it. I'm just not very keen to make music, but this gave me some inspiration!)

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
@hamano: Hey, that's awesome! If you have the passion, you should definitely give it a shot! Thank you for the clarification on the title, too--"Koi no Melody" is one of my favorite songs, and I've been perplexed by that title for years!

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Not sure if this has happened before, but Miku has released a video message for Japan's Coming of Age Day. This seems to be a Japanese day celebrating new adults (20-year-olds).
Here's a translation from YouTube commenter Atinkyboo:
Translation: (It's coming of age day in Japan) Hello to all those coming of age, I'm Hatsune Miku. Everybody has their bad days, but take baby steps and I promise your dreams will come true. Let's try to make every day special from here on. Thank you to everybody who's made music with me, I can't wait to see the wonderful future each and every one of you will create. I'll always be here for you!

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
Just wanted to share this video here, this artist imitates the artstyles of various manga artists and draws Miku and other cryptonloids +characters from the mangas of each artist respectively, in these styles. He's made a number of other videos like this before, and I really enjoy watching them

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Hey everyone, happy February! @hamano's Mikuration picks for the month are in the OP! I haven't listened to the songs yet (I'm traveling currently and don't have headphones.), but the artwork for this month is really pretty! Very relaxed and everyday. It's hard to tell just from looking, but I guess Miku takes black tea or coffee sometimes. The inclusion of what looks like a personalized wallet is also a nice touch.

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
I decided to take a more calm, ballad-type of approach to the music picks this time. I didn't go very adventurous this time as both songs are rather well-known. The Worlds especially, is very popular and is considered to be in the hall of fame of Hatsune Miku songs (a poll published in the Comike Plus magazine (vol.7) in 2016-17 for example ranked The Worlds as 10th best Hatsune Miku song). It's a bit surprising to me how it's not so well-known outside Japan, though admittedly the song's charm is more in the lyrics than catchy instrumentals.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Mata Ashita is a pretty song! I didn't realize it at first, but I've heard it before--I just knew it under its English translation. It's such a gentle song with a bittersweet feeling.

You're right--I hadn't heard "The Worlds" before. It has a different sort of sound to it, with the really gentle, soft singing backed by a (quiet) rocking electric guitar, but it fits the 8-bit game world the PV seems to be based on somehow. The lyrics sort of seem in the vein of The Disappearance of Hatsune Miku and The Intense Singing Voice of Hatsune Miku, though it seems like it could be about several creative areas/life events rather than about the Vocaloid fandom specifically. It's an uplifting song, at any rate!

Nice picks, @hamano!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)