Hatsune Miku

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Hi everyone! My Mikuration picks for September are up!

I ended up picking two songs by Flanger Moose this month. The first, "Digital Heart," is one of my favorites--it's hard not to bob your head along with the melodic synth that undulates between vocal parts. The second, "Universal Language," has a wonderful message and a very pretty music video to accompany it. Per the YouTube description, it was originally a Ruby song, but Flanger was so inspired after having attended a Mirai that he decided Miku should sing the song instead.

The artwork, "胡蝶蘭miku" by Lunami, has a beautiful, ethereal quality, with its background of stars and white butterflies. It gives you sort of a feeling of awe.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
@hamano's Mikuration picks for October are up, and he has some fine ones!

"Flying Away" by Clean Tears
This song is a little less like trance and a little more like rock or pop than what I'd usually expect from Clean Tears, but that isn't a bad thing! It's very upbeat and has a good rhythm to it, and it's fun to listen to. Clean Tears is one of my favorite trance artists, and it's very nice to see a song from him that is a little removed from the straight, chill trance for which he's usually one of my go-to producers.

"Electric Angel (Aerial Flow Remix)" by RyuushiP (original song by YasuoP)
Everyone reading is probably familiar with the original "Electric Angel" by YasuoP. This remix by RyuushiP/Aerial Flow picks up on the theme from "Flying Away"--unexpected/different is once again not a bad thing. With its transition to the trance genre, the song has been remixed into a beat-driven, big/spacey, majestic incarnation with a ton of gravitas that still resolves into a song appropriately categorized as "uplifting trance."

夕阳·初音 by 上官绯樱
In terms of the artwork, there isn't too much to say--this artwork is beautiful. A warm, gorgeous sunrise scene with the wind making Miku's tails float into sun-catching whorls as she stands by with a positively serene face and a smile. If you haven't seen it yet, check it out!

Reactions: Nokone Miku

AmazingStrange39

Aspiring Fan
May 23, 2019
Hi! I'm Diatom Fox! I'm an amateur Miku producer and a Vocaloid fan for over six years!

I first found out about Miku in fifth grade when a girl in my class drew her, but that was just a passing thought then; later on, a Miiverse buddy helped get me into Vocaloid as well by being interested in it and mentioning Vocaloid on her YouTube channel. In middle school, a friend of mine wore a Miku shirt once and started listening to Vocaloid in public, and soon enough, I caught the Miku Miku Bacteria myself. I wasn't just obsessed with Vocaloid, but with Miku in particular. I so badly wanted the software but I couldn't have it, so my 11-13-year-old self took what she could get- I listened, roleplayed, wrote fanfiction, drew Miku whenever I could, played Project Diva and Mirai, collected (a few articles of) Miku merchandise. Even though I fell out of interest for a while, there were times when the spark was reignited, and soon enough, a graduation gift gave me enough money to purchase the item of my dreams and what brought me into a Vocaloid deep dive once more- the Hatsune Miku V4X Bundle. Since then, I have been making originals and covers left and right and really appreciating what Miku has to offer.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Welcome @AmazingStrange39! It was great to read the story of how you got involved with Vocaloid/Miku--I love hearing about someone who's so passionate about their fandom!

I've added you to the club's member list. As a club member, feel free to grab a fanclub userbar if you'd like. You can also add any Miku-related original content (e.g., new original songs/artwork) that you create to the Club Creations album (described in the OP), as well!

I should really mention our Mikuration activity when new folks join, too. (I don't know that I ever have orz. It's a little complex to explain each time, but I should probably at least point out the info in the OP.) Mikuration is basically where club members provide some of their favorite songs and artwork each month on a rotating basis; those get featured in the OP. So for anyone new who has joined, please feel free to check out the info on Mikuration in the OP also, and if you're interested in participating, let me know!

Last edited:

AmazingStrange39

Aspiring Fan
May 23, 2019
My favorite Miku voicebanks are Original, Dark, Soft, and both English voicebanks (they both have great tones imo + her accent is so cute to me). I also like her Chinese bank a lot but I don't speak much Chinese so I don't get too into that. I used to ADORE Sweet as well but as of now I rarely use her, mostly because she's so quiet; I'd love to have an opportunity though.

Reactions: mobius017

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
I usually don't consider which VB I'm listening to too much while listening, but from hearing/working with them, I really like the tone of Dark and V3 English. Though I find that V4 English has fewer pronunciation issues, so I mainly use V3 for XSY. Both of Miku's English VBs have a lower pitch and darker tone overall anyway, compared to her Japanese VBs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)