• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Hatsune Miku

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Hi everyone! My Mikuration picks for September are up!

I ended up picking two songs by Flanger Moose this month. The first, "Digital Heart," is one of my favorites--it's hard not to bob your head along with the melodic synth that undulates between vocal parts. The second, "Universal Language," has a wonderful message and a very pretty music video to accompany it. Per the YouTube description, it was originally a Ruby song, but Flanger was so inspired after having attended a Mirai that he decided Miku should sing the song instead.

The artwork, "胡蝶蘭miku" by Lunami, has a beautiful, ethereal quality, with its background of stars and white butterflies. It gives you sort of a feeling of awe.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
@hamano's Mikuration picks for October are up, and he has some fine ones!

"Flying Away" by Clean Tears
This song is a little less like trance and a little more like rock or pop than what I'd usually expect from Clean Tears, but that isn't a bad thing! It's very upbeat and has a good rhythm to it, and it's fun to listen to. Clean Tears is one of my favorite trance artists, and it's very nice to see a song from him that is a little removed from the straight, chill trance for which he's usually one of my go-to producers.

"Electric Angel (Aerial Flow Remix)" by RyuushiP (original song by YasuoP)
Everyone reading is probably familiar with the original "Electric Angel" by YasuoP. This remix by RyuushiP/Aerial Flow picks up on the theme from "Flying Away"--unexpected/different is once again not a bad thing. With its transition to the trance genre, the song has been remixed into a beat-driven, big/spacey, majestic incarnation with a ton of gravitas that still resolves into a song appropriately categorized as "uplifting trance."

夕阳·初音 by 上官绯樱
In terms of the artwork, there isn't too much to say--this artwork is beautiful. A warm, gorgeous sunrise scene with the wind making Miku's tails float into sun-catching whorls as she stands by with a positively serene face and a smile. If you haven't seen it yet, check it out!

Reactions: Nokone Miku

AmazingStrange39

Miku-Avanna-Gumi enthusiast
May 23, 2019
Hi! I'm Diatom Fox! I'm an amateur Miku producer and a Vocaloid fan for over six years!

I first found out about Miku in fifth grade when a girl in my class drew her, but that was just a passing thought then; later on, a Miiverse buddy helped get me into Vocaloid as well by being interested in it and mentioning Vocaloid on her YouTube channel. In middle school, a friend of mine wore a Miku shirt once and started listening to Vocaloid in public, and soon enough, I caught the Miku Miku Bacteria myself. I wasn't just obsessed with Vocaloid, but with Miku in particular. I so badly wanted the software but I couldn't have it, so my 11-13-year-old self took what she could get- I listened, roleplayed, wrote fanfiction, drew Miku whenever I could, played Project Diva and Mirai, collected (a few articles of) Miku merchandise. Even though I fell out of interest for a while, there were times when the spark was reignited, and soon enough, a graduation gift gave me enough money to purchase the item of my dreams and what brought me into a Vocaloid deep dive once more- the Hatsune Miku V4X Bundle. Since then, I have been making originals and covers left and right and really appreciating what Miku has to offer.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Welcome @AmazingStrange39! It was great to read the story of how you got involved with Vocaloid/Miku--I love hearing about someone who's so passionate about their fandom!

I've added you to the club's member list. As a club member, feel free to grab a fanclub userbar if you'd like. You can also add any Miku-related original content (e.g., new original songs/artwork) that you create to the Club Creations album (described in the OP), as well!

I should really mention our Mikuration activity when new folks join, too. (I don't know that I ever have orz. It's a little complex to explain each time, but I should probably at least point out the info in the OP.) Mikuration is basically where club members provide some of their favorite songs and artwork each month on a rotating basis; those get featured in the OP. So for anyone new who has joined, please feel free to check out the info on Mikuration in the OP also, and if you're interested in participating, let me know!

Last edited:

AmazingStrange39

May 23, 2019
My favorite Miku voicebanks are Original, Dark, Soft, and both English voicebanks (they both have great tones imo + her accent is so cute to me). I also like her Chinese bank a lot but I don't speak much Chinese so I don't get too into that. I used to ADORE Sweet as well but as of now I rarely use her, mostly because she's so quiet; I'd love to have an opportunity though.

Reactions: mobius017

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
I usually don't consider which VB I'm listening to too much while listening, but from hearing/working with them, I really like the tone of Dark and V3 English. Though I find that V4 English has fewer pronunciation issues, so I mainly use V3 for XSY. Both of Miku's English VBs have a lower pitch and darker tone overall anyway, compared to her Japanese VBs.

AmazingStrange39

May 23, 2019
I usually don't consider which VB I'm listening to too much while listening, but from hearing/working with them, I really like the tone of Dark and V3 English. Though I find that V4 English has fewer pronunciation issues, so I mainly use V3 for XSY. Both of Miku's English VBs have a lower pitch and darker tone overall anyway, compared to her Japanese VBs.
I know a lot of tricks regarding her accent myself so I don't really mind using V3 fully. She sounds best in/near her range and in her element (e.g. the genres and melodies that best suit her) though.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Hi everyone! My Mikuration picks for November are up in the OP! I'm really excited to share this month's picks with you. I hope you'll agree that each, in its own way, is something special!

"Drag the ground" by Camellia
As far as I can tell, "Drag the ground" was originally created as one of the themes for Miku's association with Goodsmile Racing in 2014. But the first time I personally encountered it was during Miku Expo 2021 Online.

For me, "Drag the ground" in Expo 2021 was one of those "moments." It's in the company of one or two other such songs, including "39 Music!" as the first song of Mirai 2016. It starts off with a drum beat that works its way inside you, flirting with your heartbeat while nudging it faster, as well as some unsettling, prescient, possibly flute-like synth instrumentals. As virtual light boards bleed into existence behind her, Miku stands in front of us with her eyes closed, wearing a controlled, waiting expression. When the verse starts and the other instruments come in, we can feel some of that built-up tension finally moving, until the chorus, when the instruments drop away and Miku hits the song title in the pre-chorus more or less on her own. Then her voice climbs, then gently sinks, before finally the remaining unresolved tension is given release in a series of pounding guitar riffs, between which she nails the first line of the chorus (the title again) home.

Some time later, when the chorus is at its end, when she looks into the camera and aims a finger gun slightly off to one side (because, of course, she doesn't want to hurt the fans) and jauntily lets the hammer fall with an appropriate sound effect (maybe reminiscent of a starting gun?), it only makes the message clearer. Miku is very often portrayed as cute, moe, maybe even doll-like. But in this moment, she can be represented in another, equally valid way. At this moment, the de facto figurehead of the niche vocal synth culture is nothing less than badass-cool.

"Ray" by BUMP OF CHICKEN
Many of us are probably familiar with "Ray." It is also a number of years old and has been featured in Magical Mirai at least once. However, what I only learned recently was that the Mirai version was different from the original version of the song to an uncommon extent. It seems that the song was originally a duet between Miku and one of the members of the band!

The duet aspect in this song is very appropriate, since the song is about a relationship that, unfortunately, isn't working out. As far as I've heard, at least, duets between vocal synths and humans are also very uncommon, and it makes this song very sweet and gives it a very enjoyable novelty. It's the sort of thing that, as an aspiring producer myself, I'd definitely want to try, if I had a voice I thought would benefit the song. I mean, who would turn down the opportunity to sing with Miku?

"初音ミク" by Azit
I love this artwork. It looks like Miku is backstage doing some final music review before a performance. Meanwhile, what looks like 4 different people are simultaneously working on her--one is brushing her hair, one is painting her nails, one is tying her necktie, and one is doing her makeup. In the midst of all this, Miku is looking away from the sheet music that she's barely able to hold up/see among all the arms, with an apparent feeling I know all too well: "Can I go home now? I just want to work in my DAW...."

Last edited:

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Hi everyone! I'm subbing in for @hamano this month, and I have some Mikuration picks for you that I hope you'll enjoy!

"Wander Girl" by HSP is a favorite of mine. I'll probably never find it as infectiously catchy as "Maybe Lucky" from the same album, but it's a high-energy song with a catchy chorus and a fun listen.

"Believe in Yourself feat. Hatsune Miku" by Mitchie M is an upbeat song about working together to chase down dreams. It's a positive song with a good message. I've often wondered if it was any kind of virtual successor to "Believe" from Mitchie's earlier "Greatest Idol" album....

I was half-looking for an appropriate winter scene for this month, but "夏の匂い。" by 紺碧☆ rather caught my eye. I like how slice-of-life it feels; it looks like it includes an illustrated Miku waiting for a train in front of a processed picture of a real-world train station. That would be a good enough reason to pick the artwork on its own, though maybe in a more appropriate month. However...between my own idiocy and the inconsideration of other people, today's been a really tough day, and I found this image comforting. So I hope you'll indulge me for this unusual choice :) .

AmazingStrange39

May 23, 2019
Hi everyone! I'm subbing in for @hamano this month, and I have some Mikuration picks for you that I hope you'll enjoy!

"Wander Girl" by HSP is a favorite of mine. I'll probably never find it as infectiously catchy as "Maybe Lucky" from the same album, but it's a high-energy song with a catchy chorus and a fun listen.

"Believe in Yourself feat. Hatsune Miku" by Mitchie M is an upbeat song about working together to chase down dreams. It's a positive song with a good message. I've often wondered if it was any kind of virtual successor to "Believe" from Mitchie's earlier "Greatest Idol" album....

I was half-looking for an appropriate winter scene for this month, but "夏の匂い。" by 紺碧☆ rather caught my eye. I like how slice-of-life it feels; it looks like it includes an illustrated Miku waiting for a train in front of a processed picture of a real-world train station. That would be a good enough reason to pick the artwork on its own, though maybe in a more appropriate month. However...between my own idiocy and the inconsideration of other people, today's been a really tough day, and I found this image comforting. So I hope you'll indulge me for this unusual choice :) .
i really like how believe in yourself combines miku's japanese and english voicebanks! i'm a fan of noiseless heart as well myself, that one's such a bop

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Happy New Year, everyone! My new Mikuration picks for January are up!

In terms of music, this month is sort of a doriko theme month!

"Alive" by doriko
This is a sweet, nostalgic song that seems to be about remembering the love found on a particular day. I love the wistful, higher passages that start around 1:56 or so!

"Winter Alice" by doriko
Another rather melancholy song about a lost love. The more harmonic passages get in my head and stay there, until I'm spending the rest of the day murmuring "Sayonara...." over and over again.

"❉聖誕節Merry Christmas❄" by pino
Here is the seasonally-appropriate picture I promised you last time, and it's a cute one, featuring Miku and, I think for the first time here, Yukine! With the magical-looking glowing snow flower, Miku's leafy headband, and the moon in the background, plus Miku's expression and beautiful clothing, the pair of them look like what I imagine you could call snow fairies!

silky-love

New Fan
Jan 4, 2022
Please let this website still be alive lol
Ayo what up everyone! Call me silky-Love! I've been obsessed since middle school. Used to even help my friends download songs/music videos and put them on our PSPs/iPods/etc. Miku can be whatever you want. Sad, funny, sexy, etc. It's hard to pick my favorite song. One of the things that makes this so hard is how incredible the fandom is and how entertaining the stories and visuals are. One of the best ones has to be "Two Breathes Walking"

I can't remember how to embed something so just look it up on yt

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Welcome @silky-love! I enjoy "Two Breaths Walking" myself!

I've added you to the club's member list. As a club member, you're welcome to put a fanclub userbar in your signature if you'd like. You also have the opportunity to add any Miku-related original content (e.g., new original songs/artwork) that you create to the Club Creations album (described in the OP)!

If you're interested, we do something in this club called Mikuration. Mikuration is basically where club members provide some of their favorite songs and artwork each month on a rotating basis; those get featured in the OP. There's further info on Mikuration in the OP. If you're interested in participating, let me know!

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Welcome, @-GlitchedSalvation-! I've added you to the Club Creations album (described in the OP). Feel free to grab a userbar and check out Mikuration, too!

Any particular producers you enjoy who work with Miku's screams? Maybe Utsu-P?

Interesting Issue
Hm, we have an interesting issue here. Per system message, the OP can only be 10000 characters long, and my latest update to the club members list apparently pushes it over that :) .

I have an idea (moving some of our images into albums) that I think will let us keep going for a good while (given that, while we probably have members join more regularly than other clubs, the pace still isn't super fast). If that ends up looking alright, it'll probably be a better look than what we have now anyway.

At some point, we may have to look at another/an additional solution, though:
  • Doing something else with the referencey sort of content related to where to buy Miku, etc. I kind of hate to give this stuff up, because I'd guess that some people might get benefit from it, even if they're not members. This is one of those times that I wish fanclubs could have something like subpages. The Miku-specific content probably isn't great material for a Resource (and we already sort of have a resource about where to buy vocal synths, just not with the Miku-specific focus), but we can't very well just create another thread in the fanclub forum that just floats out there. I guess it could move into a Google doc or something, but that ties it to a specific real-world user rather than to the club itself. So if, perchance, I got hit by a meteorite someday, and then the site changed hosts or something, that content would disappear. Then again...maybe I'm wrong and no one really reads this stuff anyway.
  • Not having a user list. We essentially keep a user list in the form of the users added to the Club Creations album. But I don't think anyone but the album owner can see that list, and I would think that fanclub members get a certain pleasure from seeing their names on the member list, right? At least I did when I joined.
Happy to hear the thoughts of any club members about these things!

And we are also limited to 10 images! Wow...I guess we've been grandfathered in through an update or something up until now....

Last edited:

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
So, umm...gah, this has taken a long time....

*ahem*

If you have a look at the OP, you'll see that I've put some of the stuff I mentioned into practice a lot sooner than I'd planned. The reason being that the site wouldn't let me save the new additions to the user list, or indeed any update, until I'd done so :) .

I wound up breaking the purchasing information off into its own post, because it was just the only way to get the character count of the OP below 10,000 characters. I then linked to that from the OP. I'm not particularly excited about how this leaves this info out in space 22 pages back, but for now it works. Ideally, it'd be cool if it could be moved onto the first page right underneath the OP, or else if we could have subpages under fanclubs like I mentioned dreaming about. Since I assume we're somewhat odd in how super-verbose we are, I'm not sure about bothering the mods for a new feature, though.... Although I do think it's a good idea....

Anyway, with the character limit addressed, I got a message about getting the OP under 10 images. So I made us a new gallery for the Miku promo art. This in addition to the new gallery I created for the userbars, which hadn't ended up being enough to forestall having to split off the purchasing information, as I mentioned. I love the gallery idea in theory. Unfortunately, imgur (which is hosting most of the userbars and promo art) doesn't provide thumbnail previews, so these things don't look as good as, say, the Mikuration or Club Creations albums. I think I managed to keep the OP looking pretty good, but if you visit the galleries to have a look around, be aware (as I've noted in the galleries/OP) that you'll need to click the items to see the art.

Sigh....

Last edited:

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Update: The mods have given us a gift! They increased the character/media limit for us, so I've moved the purchasing info back into the OP. I hadn't even asked for this--they just PMed me and let me know--so do remember to thank a mod the next time you get a chance!

At least for the time being, I'm thinking to maybe keep the promo art and userbars in the galleries, just on the grounds that using the galleries for those things strikes me as more efficient. Maybe there's some way I can wrangle imgur into giving us thumbnails.... But we'll see.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Hi everyone!

As you saw from my posts a few days ago, I wasn't entirely satisfied with how the updates to the OP came out. So I decided to put on some kz/Deco and fix it
:miku_ani_lili:.

I wasn't able to get imgur to give us better thumbnails. So I've transitioned our userbars and official artwork over to VVN itself. The results are below:

Official Art

Userbars

The dimensions of the userbars/size of the thumbnails make it somewhat difficult to get really representative thumbnails from them, but they're a definite improvement over the "broken image"-type placeholders we had previously. On the whole, I think the userbars and official artwork came out pretty well! I'm not always a fan of "slick," but the whole experience is a bit slicker than just having them all laid out vertically under a spoiler tag. I think the official artwork, in particular, looks really nice--a compact, modern, easy-to-navigate display. Our girl looks good!

Side note: Working on this also gave me a chance to look at all the userbars again, and it really made me appreciate the fact that we've got some very nice artwork in them. If you're inclined, I'd recommend browsing around in the userbar album, even if you don't want to add one. There are some nice images!

I hope you like this update, but if you have other ideas, please let me know!

Last edited:

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Hi everyone! @hamano's Mikuration picks for February are up!

Somewhat at odds with its name, "Tokyo Loneliness"by picco is a sweet, upbeat-sounding song. It was fun to listen to! I feel like the latitude/longitude coordinates in the PV have some meaning, too, that would inform one's understanding of the song...probably the lat/long for Tokyo....

"YY" by 23.exe, featured in Mirai 2020, again somewhat surprisingly for its name, is a really fun song about throwing off all your responsibilities for a day and doing what feels good rather than what you're obligated to do. In its own way, I feel like this song, especially given its name, might speak to a lot of people. The PV is very enjoyable to watch, too--I found parts of it quite funny.

"息 by 200°F" is one of my favorite pieces of artwork that we've shared for awhile. A quiet image of Miku at home, with her DAW open and a cup of something on the table, gazing out at the sunset over a set of sheet music. It's very intimate and relaxing.

Great choices as usual, hamano!

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Hi everyone! My Mikuration picks for March are up!

Starting things, "Time of my Life" by Aura Qualic is a majestic, albeit melancholy, sort of song that starts out with some mysterious, spacious ambiance and goes on to include orchestral sweeps, a very satisfying guitar bit, and some very memorable soaring solo vocal work by Miku (e.g., around 2:35). The video is a really interesting watch, as it's a tribute to the 15-minute music video that the song was originally meant to accompany and includes lots of associated story and production material. Unfortunately, that opus ended up being given up due to scheduling pressure from the day jobs of those involved.

After the somewhat plaintive tone of the last track, Clean Tears' "S.E.K.N" provides a nice pick-me-up. You can feel it right away in the initial echoing synth hit. I really enjoy the juxtaposition of that synth and the sort of swinging sound of Miku's vocals (e.g., around 1:39), as well as the Eastern-sounding instruments that come in sometimes.

Rounding out the more ethereal feels of these tracks, I picked "glow" by Rella as the artwork for this month. Miku floating over the sunset landscape just seems to fit the vibe to me. I really like the warm colors, although the pale colors of the clouds and Miku's hair suggest that it's probably rather cold where she is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)