• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Hatsune Miku

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
I had a thought awhile back and thought it might be fun/interesting to talk about--does anyone here have any Miku-related traditions? Could be stuff you do for her birthday, or...I don't know, anything you do on a recurring basis that involves her.

For instance, to celebrate Miku's birthday, I pour myself a glass of vegetable juice (A "Popipo" reference. It isn't my favorite drink, but for her sake I'm willing to get it down for a few days.) and listen to "World Is Mine" (which I'm almost positive was my first Miku song).

And it's March! Which means it's @ZAR-PARTY's turn to Mikurate! Also, it's the month of St. Patrick's Day, and if it's been cold for you, maybe the return of some nicer weather, and maybe some green plants. Since I mentioned it already, and in keeping with the green theme, I'll close with the greenest Miku PV I know. :)

RabbitWhale39

Devout Mikuist
Apr 25, 2018
I had a thought awhile back and thought it might be fun/interesting to talk about--does anyone here have any Miku-related traditions? Could be stuff you do for her birthday, or...I don't know, anything you do on a recurring basis that involves her.

For instance, to celebrate Miku's birthday, I pour myself a glass of vegetable juice (A "Popipo" reference. It isn't my favorite drink, but for her sake I'm willing to get it down for a few days.) and listen to "World Is Mine" (which I'm almost positive was my first Miku song).

And it's March! Which means it's @ZAR-PARTY's turn to Mikurate! Also, it's the month of St. Patrick's Day, and if it's been cold for you, maybe the return of some nicer weather, and maybe some green plants. Since I mentioned it already, and in keeping with the green theme, I'll close with the greenest Miku PV I know. :)

If I'm able to take a nap, I like to put on Last Night Good Night or Andante (livetune). There are some nice covers of LSGN on youtube too. It feels quite nice.:miku_lili:

Tainted

Multimedia Creative
Apr 14, 2018
Philippines
Aside from grinding as a work slave to attend a Miku event... hmm...

Every time March 9 approaches, I take a "family picture" of all the Miku figurines and plushies that I own; it serves as a way of my yearly collection check of how much it has grown.

I want to share something serendipitious that happened to me around October last year. I posted this on reddit but forgot to share this here. My intention is not to brag, but to share that sometimes, the biggest surprises in your life may come from sources or things you often ignore. As a goods collector, one would get excited when we find our holy grails; what more when we stumble upon a treasure not passively on our radar!
Probably because I sold some toy figures on the Facebook marketplace (one of them was a Miku), FB's suggested market ads flashed a pretty familiar turquoise phone on the side banner.

As I recalled, Xiaomi released limited editions of their mid-range flagship phone the Mi 6x in China a few months earlier. Of course I kinda yearned for it at that time, but seeing that the 5000 units were lottery exclusives, I had little hope and just brushed it off as something that I can never get (and I was preparing for my Japan Trip to attend Magical Mirai that time too, so expenses galore)

Back to the present, I saw that the seller was selling it pretty close the the 2099 yuan price (in our local currency). I have no budget for the top tier phones like the iPhone XS and seeing my potato but loyal iPhone 5s trying its best not to die 3 hours after I have fully charged it, I decided, eh, why not. I first did some searching with the googles; strangely, I saw no other product listings - I was expecting scalpers on ebay and what not... (unless they are selling it in the Chinese buy and sell sites, with listing in Chinese). The fact that someone was selling it in my country and it was the only one I had seen means it was an excuse for me to update my phone.

After thinking about it for a few days and exchanging info with the seller (like how the unit was been only used for a couple of product reviews before he was able to acquire it, so essentially it is almost mint condition, or the fact that there were many other people who had inquired but because he was way out of the city means some had trouble getting the deal done), I drove about more than an hour to the seller's meetup place, and yep, there she is - out of the 5000 units, unit #706 - from the hands of reviewers to the pocket of a (casual) Vocaloid fan.

I amusingly said "accidentally" because I was on the verge of getting a second hand iPhone 6s or the 7 whose price was bumped down a bit in my locale due to the introduction of the X's. Or I could also have gone and bought a Nintendo Switch and play Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee.

Then Facebook's Ad targeting Algorithm kicked in.

TLDR ver: Miku otaku gets limited edition weeb phone after being fed by Facebook ads.

TLDR review: Minus the limited edition-ness, it's a regular Xiaomi 6x mid-flagship phone. Good if you don't have the budget for the big guns like the iPhone XS.
I struggled at first since it was my first Android phone, but after a few months of usage, I grew to love it and I can say that this is my most treasured Miku item so far. I really feel lucky when I realize that It was hard to find just after a month it was sold, and yet I managed to spot it in a small ad in the corner of my Facebook page three months after it was sold. Yes, I'm actively using it (with great care of course!)

Last edited:

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
I want to share something serendipitious that happened to me around October last year. I posted this on reddit but forgot to share this here. My intention is not to brag, but to share that sometimes, the biggest surprises in your life may come from sources or things you often ignore. As a goods collector, one would get excited when we find our holy grails; what more when we stumble upon a treasure not passively on our radar!

View attachment 1913
I struggled at first since it was my first Android phone, but after a few months of usage, I grew to love it and I can say that this is my most treasured Miku item so far. I really feel lucky when I realize that It was hard to find just after a month it was sold, and yet I managed to spot it in a small ad in the corner of my Facebook page three months after it was sold. Yes, I'm actively using it (with great care of course!)
Congrats, that's really sweet! Lucky you! Especially being in basically new condition! (Love the pic, too, that's adorable. :) )

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
I usually listen at least one Miku song right before going to sleep, usually it's something calming, like Uta ni Katachi wa nai keredo or something like that.

For Miku Day I make sure to listen to her, browse Pixiv and Twitter for all the Miku Day art and have a Project Diva play session. That's about it.

I guess going to Magical Mirai counts as a tradition too, this year will be my 3rd time.

@Tainted That was a lucky find! Congrats!

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Happy Miku Day folks!
I drew this for the occasion:
You know, I saw this in your status update, and I was asking myself if you'd found it or if it was one of yours. Then I said to myself, "Nah, that's hamano's style." Congrats, man--very well done indeed!

Happy Miku Day, everyone! Here's to all the joy that Miku and all the other vocal synths bring to the world!

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
March is almost over, which means that soon we'll get to see @hamano's Mikuration picks for April!

In the meantime, I was wondering what the weirdest Miku-related products that people had seen were?

Probably the weirdest thing I've seen was a pair of glasses. I can't find a link to them, but they were green (I think.), and came with clear lenses, built-in earbuds, and some kind of fitness tracking stuff. All for the low price of $20 or so. You can imagine they were probably (not) great quality. They sort of looked like glasses Miku wore in an illustration that came with the glasses, though I don't think it was for any song I'm familiar with.

Making up for that, I did see the pair of shoes below. Not weird, but pretty cool, actually. Anybody like canvas sneakers?

Reactions: RabbitWhale39

Tainted

Multimedia Creative
Apr 14, 2018
Philippines
March is almost over, which means that soon we'll get to see @hamano's Mikuration picks for April!

In the meantime, I was wondering what the weirdest Miku-related products that people had seen were?

Probably the weirdest thing I've seen was a pair of glasses. I can't find a link to them, but they were green (I think.), and came with clear lenses, built-in earbuds, and some kind of fitness tracking stuff. All for the low price of $20 or so. You can imagine they were probably (not) great quality. They sort of looked like glasses Miku wore in an illustration that came with the glasses, though I don't think it was for any song I'm familiar with.

Making up for that, I did see the pair of shoes below. Not weird, but pretty cool, actually. Anybody like canvas sneakers?

Unexpected: Lingerie and Perfume
Weird: Pedometer

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Unexpected: Lingerie and Perfume
Weird: Pedometer
Ah, I remember those from hamano's Merchandise News thread! Good choices! I'm really curious about what the perfume is like--from the ingredients I recognize, it sounds nice, but not being involved in the scents scene much, there are only a few of those.

Actually, I've seen Miku-appropriate underwear for sale, too.... Style 1, Style 2 (Though technically they aren't actually referred-to as being Miku-based, they do come up in Miku searches. And people refer to them as good for cosplay--which is a little surprising since I'd think you'd normally keep these sorts of things hidden regardless, but since Miku's skirt is short and her underwear don't stay hidden all the time, I guess it might be less embarrassing/more desirable to have something that suits the costume in that regard, too.)

It occurs to me that I've found pretty much everything you would need for a Miku cosplay over a couple posts I've made here. Just for fun, I think I'll put them all together. Maybe someone will find them useful?

Miku Costume Stuff

Last edited:

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
Weirdest Miku products? Ebay and Amazon are full of unlicensed stuff that's sometimes on the strange side, but I'm going to stick with official goods.

One recent piece is the Tanita body composition scales. I wonder how someone at Tanita came up with the thought of Miku being the best choice to help sell their products. (Of course she is the best).

Miku perfume was unexpected too.

In the Magical Mirai 2018 official goods lineup they had shoelaces (Cryptonloid shoelaces to be exact), which I thought was a bit of a weird choice for merch.

I can't really think anything too weird right now, but who knows what'll come up next?

Reactions: mobius017

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Hey everyone!

@hamano has added his Mikuration picks for April, so please do check them out in the OP! (It's possible I won't be around much tomorrow due to some stuff that's going on, so I decided to put them up early.) Whenever I think of samfree, I think of Luka, so it's neat to see a Miku pick that he produced. I really like the art hamano picked for this month, too! I'm not sure how to read the look on her face--something like, "What? I'm resting," maybe? Maybe the signs she's making with her hands mean something, too.

Thanks, hamano!

Reactions: hamano

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
I was initially planning to choose songs and art as an homage to a certain producer, but in the end I just picked two cool songs I've listened to a lot lately. Both songs have a really nice beat to them.

Daybreak is one of my favourite samfree songs. It dates back to December 2007 and to me that's what Miku sounded like in many of her early songs, somehow hearing Miku V2 feels nostalgic. The lyrics are also beautiful, melancholic yet hopeful.

For my second song pick I chose "Supernova Remnant" by mathru. I was listening to the V.A. album "Universe" (on which this song is the opening track) the other day and thought it'd be nice to share this song. I love how it's basically divided into two parts. First half (or a bit more than half actually) is peaceful and the sound is very fitting to the space theme of the album I mentioned. At around 3 minutes into the song the beat kicks in and the song truly takes off.

Finally the artwork for this month is by ab artist called .SIN. I'm not familiar with them, but this piece of art caught my eye thanks to it's dynamic air and use of colours. Looking at Miku, you can feel the energy she has.
Plus, as an added bonus, here's a speedpaint video of making this illustration:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)