• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Hatsune Miku

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
Most of keisei's music is like that, I really do like his music. Too bad most people only know Singularity and aren't familiar with his other works (singularity is a great track don't get me wrong).

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
I don't believe I've heard any of keisei's music before, but I loved the song you shared. The instrumental is a lot of fun and Miku sounds lovely. Also, the art in that video is adorable.
I'll be sure to check out more of their music :miku_ani_lili:

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Happy New Year, everyone!

The first Mikuration picks of the new year are up in the OP!

My first song pick is "夕日坂" ("Sunset Hill") by Doriko. I've really liked this song for a long time. It's a soft, sweet song with a gentle kind of warmth to it. It makes it easy to imagine the titular hill at sunset.

Second is "独りんぼエンヴィー" / "Hitorinbo Envy" ("Solitary Envy") by koyori. This is another favorite of mine. Not only do I enjoy the uncommon deeper, sultry/melancholic (not sure if that's really the right way to describe it, but it's the best I can think of) quality that has been given to Miku's voice, but I love the nuances of the choreography that go along with the song, with Miku clapping/jumping/slapping her thighs in time with the music/sound effects.

Finally for the artwork, I picked "くつろぐミクさん" by をかだ. You know I'm a summer fan, and the bright yellow light pouring in through the window and the door you can make out if you look carefully into the glare definitely appeals to me. More than that, though, I really enjoy how relaxed Miku looks. You have to open the picture on Pixiv to fully appreciate it (since VVN unfortunately crops the image such that you can't see what's going on at the bottom), but Miku's just laying on the floor somewhere, her hair in a careless mess on the floor and her legs kicked up lazily as she chills listening to her MP3 player.

Sep 21, 2019
Ooh! You picked out a couple of songs I've never heard of before, so I'll have to give them a listen!

Also, you managed to name every reason I love Hitorinbo Envy! It has such a great PV in Diva X (and also the matching module is so lovely, too).

Reactions: mobius017

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
Nice picks! Hitorinbo Envy is one of my favourite of the PD X songs that were new to the PD series.

And I'm glad to see you picked art from wokada! Their art is always pretty to look at.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
I hemmed and hawed about whether or not to cross-post this here, since it's not purely Miku-related...but then again, most of it does end up discussing her :) . In case it's of interest to anyone, I received my copy of Magical Mirai 2019 and finally got to watch it a few days ago. Here's a link to an...article?...I wrote describing why I think it's both a spectacular show and the most significant Mirai since the first one.

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
^ Yeah I saw that. I didn't wanna comment anything yet though as I want to watch the recording myself first (Even though I was there in person I want to see the recording quality and refresh my memory before making comments).

Good news is that tracking says the Bluray arrived at the local post office today so I can pick it up tomorrow.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Hey everyone!

I haven't mentioned it before, but I'm fond of the upcoming Miku NT's current promotional art. The current thinking is that it's only a placeholder/that Miku is shown with bare shoulders because they want to hide what her new outfit will look like. Personally, though, it reminds me of the practice in some anime to use this sort of appearance to represent a more ethereal form, like one's soul or an astral body or something. For a being like Miku, I find that idea very fitting.

That being the case, I've had an idea in my head to update the club's banner to include the promo version of Miku's upcoming form. Please do check it out! I hope you guys like it; I think it came out pretty well!

I also made us some new FC userbars! They're below; please do feel free to use them if you feel like a change!

Code:
[IMG]https://vocaverse.network/media/mikuntuserbar1_notext-jpg.1004/full[/IMG]

Code:
[IMG]https://vocaverse.network/media/mikuntuserbar1-jpg.1005/full[/IMG]

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
I've added my Mikuration music and art picks for February to the respective albums.

This time I went with a theme of Mikutrance. Trance is a genre I enjoy listening to, especially when driving. Somewhat recently I've started to listen to Vocaloid trance more again, especially Clean Tears, so I thought I'd have trance as this month's feature.

First is Stratosphere by t.komine, who is better known as Utata-P. Stratosphere is a pretty classic song and there's several edits and self-remixes of the song. The one I chose is the VocaLege edit, that appeared on the Exit Tunes Presents: VocaloLegend album. Somehow this is probably the version I like best.

For my second song pick, I chose a song from Clean Tears. I'm a big fan of Clean Tears' music so I had to include a song from them. The one I chose is called Sakura, which is a rather new song from summer 2019. This song is quite beautiful and melodic in a way. I find it a very relaxing and calming to listen.

As for the artwork, it's not so easy to keep in line with a trance theme, as I can't really come up with any imagery that would clearly link to the music genre in question. I did find this pretty piece of art by Palme☆Mint. Nice use of colours and an exciting pose is what made me choose this particular artwork. Miku extending her hand towards you while she's holding the mic expresses how she connects people through her music. The artwork is titled "Tsunagarou Mirai Made..." which means something like "Let's connect to(until) the future", and Miku is commonly viewed as representing the future, so the naming of the artwork goes along with my interpretation of the art.

As always, as the embed here is what it is, you have to click to view the full art:

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Nice picks @hamano! I discovered trance music through Miku/Vocaloid myself, along with various styles/degrees of metal. I think that's another neat aspect of vocal synths: the synths tie all the different genres together, so fans can easily branch out from one area into learning about and coming to enjoy others.

You mentioned Sakura being beautiful and melodic, and it definitely is (Those more harmonious, resonant moments are really gorgeous!), but Stratosphere is no slouch in those areas, either. Very beautiful songs, both of them!

"Tsunagarou Mirai Made..." is a beautiful piece of art! It's nice to see V4X in there; it seems to me that you don't see that form of Miku in art too terribly often, though she comes up occasionally.

Reactions: hamano

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
It kind of is, kind of isn't a Valentine's Day song (but that might be ok since I'm late anyway), but I felt like sharing this heart-themed song today. Hope you enjoy the classic from livetune, "Heart Beat."

If you're interested, the lyrics are well-worth checking out, as well.

Reactions: razelberii

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Welcome @mochagatari! I've added you to the list of club members and list of users who can upload to the Club Creations album, so if you have any Miku-related works to add there, please feel free!

Yellow is a really pretty song! And that's some really fun art you made for Miku's 12th! Thank you for sharing!

Reactions: mochagatari

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)