• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Hatsune Miku

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Hello! I've re-discovered my love for Miku during quarantine thanks to watching way too much VOCALOID concerts. Might I join this club?
Welcome @ThatGirlMyra! I've added you to the list of members/people who can add to the Club Creations archive. Please feel free to grab a fanclub userbar for your signature if you'd like!

Watching concert videos sounds like a good diversion for your time in quarantine! Which concert was your favorite? Any favorite songs?

Reactions: ThatGirlMyra
I don't really have a FAVORITE concert, but the ones that stuck out to me the most were 2016 and 2020 Miku Expos! As for my favorite songs, I loooooove so many, but as far as ones included in concerts, The Intense Singing of Hatsune Miku, MIKU, Melt, Common World Domination, and (as cliche as it sounds) World is Mine are ones I look out for.

NOW. Favorite Miku songs in general are:
A Love Song (It's Too Clumsy)
Common World Domination
Yubikiri
Yume Yume
Secret Police
Cendrillion
and Three Queens.

There are more, but those are my highlights, haha!

Reactions: mobius017

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Happy August everyone! @hamano's mikuration picks are up!

In terms of music, first up we have "celluloid" by baker. It's a nice soft and nostalgic-sounding song, accompanied by slice-of-life video clips. It's really nice! Second, kz's "Catch the Wave" probably needs no introduction, especially if you've kept an eye on Miku video game news over the past year or so. It's a great fun, high-energy song that I wish you could get outside of the Sonoca cards that are included with the Mega 39 OST--it's one of my favorites!

For artwork, hamano picked 初音ミク by Who U! It's a fun illustration--Miku has a big smile!

Great picks, hamano!

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
This time I wanted to pick one fairly recent song as well as one iconic one from Miku's early days. Celluloid is certainly a classic from the early era of Miku, while Catch the Wave obviously is a modern (to be) classic I think, and the theme song for Project Diva Mega39's. The two songs come from different times in the "era of Miku" and are different in style. Celluloid was the creation of an independent creator made for the sake of creating music, while Catch the Wave could be described as a commercial creation (a commissioned song).While being different, they're still part of the same "Miku universe", if I may say so.

Finally, a word about upcoming Miku's birthday if I may.
This month will be a countdown towards a day very important for Miku fans around the world. On August 31st, we celebrate Miku's birthday and the beginning of the 14th year of her career as a virtual singer. Due to reasons, I won't be in Japan for her birthday this year, for the first time in four years. I hope all of us can celebrate Miku's birthday despite whatever may be going on in the lives of each of us.

I myself am preparing a birthday illustration like I did last year. Unfortunately Aug 31st falls on a Monday so I'll be at work, but apart from publishing the illustration I will probably rewatch Magical Mirai 2019 after work to celebrate, as a replacement for Mirai 2020 which is set to happen later this year. There's also a bunch of VocaDJ livestreams happening around Miku's birthday, I'll have to see if I'm able to watch some of those.

Have you planned anything for Miku's birthday? If yes, please share with us!

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
I myself am preparing a birthday illustration like I did last year.
Nice, I'll look forward to that!

I've almost finished writing a short article for Miku's birthday, which I'll share on Aug. 31. Along with that, I have my usual vegetable juice/"World Is Mine" tradition, or I may replace that with one/more of the online events that have been planned, or watching a previous concert video.

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
I know I haven't posted much about my Dollfie Miku, but I'd like to share the new costumes I bought her. I will get another pair of shoes, one more costume and some small stuff next week, but for now she only has one pair of shoes.

I will take more photos once I get the new shoes and socks, and maybe go more into detail on the clothes next weekend on my journal. For now I just want to share photos of the first try on.

Number one is a really simple top+skirt set, but I prefer simple costumes over those with several layers and whatnot.
1.20200808_223103.jpg

Second is a dress set, but the whole set is not here. The light pink dress is technically only an inner dress and there's a light blue outer dress too, I was just too lazy to put it on her now, besides I like the pink dress a lot!
20200808_223228.jpg

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
Hatsune Miku Birthday Message project collab with Songle Sync is returning again this year. So remember to submit your birthday message in time, and watch the 'performance'! It will be on air six times to be convenient for different timezones.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
I was trying to get a handle on the upcoming Miku birthday festivities that I know about. For anyone interested, here's the chart that I put together:

For anyone looking to convert dates/times, here's a link to the time and date converter.

Saturday, Aug. 29
Cheers39
Twitch Link
16:00 UTC - 22:00 UTC
Guest DJs/timeline/further details

Sunday, Aug. 30
Digital Stars Concert
Twitch Link
9:00 to 15:00 UTC (my conversion to UTC; original info lists 18:00 to 24:00 (JST, I assume))
Guest DJs/timeline/further details

Monday, Aug. 31
DigitalStars presents Hatsune Miku Birthday Message Project
Digital Stars presents 初音ミクバースデーメッセージ企画 - Songle Sync コラボ -
The performance runs multiple times throughout the day. The link above provides a list of times most convenient for your detected time zone.
From 10 minutes before the event starts, click the button on the above page to join.
Don't forget to submit your birthday message beforehand also!

I've checked over the above, but if anyone sees any mistakes, please let me know!

Last edited:

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
^There's at least these two DJ lives during the weekend preceding Miku's birthday:

Aug 29th 14:00-22:00 JST
Natsuyasumirai Re:Live

Aug 29th 20:00-23:45 JST
Local Stars 2020

Since Monday is a working day it's understandable that these events pile up on the weekend, so there's no way one can watch everything, but it's nice to see how active the VocaDJ scene is. (There might well be more smaller livestreams that weekend)

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Nice, I'll look forward to that!

I've almost finished writing a short article for Miku's birthday, which I'll share on Aug. 31. Along with that, I have my usual vegetable juice/"World Is Mine" tradition, or I may replace that with one/more of the online events that have been planned, or watching a previous concert video.
Happy birthday, Miku!

I've posted the article I mentioned writing in honor of the day. If you're interested, I hope you'll give it a look!

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Something has changed about the Songle Sync show, but I don't entirely understand what. It looks like they're maybe going to run the show all day, starting 8/31 at 7 pm (JST, I assume). And it will be on a special site?

The times on the website don't look any different....

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
No worries, nothing has changed. The tweet was posted early today 00:34 JST, the "change" they mention means only that the 30th changed to 31st, and the birthday collab performance starts today.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
My mikuration picks for September are up!

For music, the first song I picked is "Sing!" by ryota01. I haven't been able to find lyrics for it, but the comments from the creators indicate that it was meant to be cheerful and give people hope. It's really fun to listen to!

My second song is "World Wide Festival" by HachioujiP. It's a very upbeat song about escaping drudgery and flying away to better places. It features an incredible chorus between Miku, Rin, and Luka--the gorgeous harmony captures a beautiful, summery, hopeful feeling that people dream of finding in life.

For artwork, I picked "At night" by tdok57. The first impression I got when looking at it was of something like Miku going by a set of windows on the side of a road in maybe autumn/winter, which is why I had it in mind for September. Looking at the art again, though, you can see what look like galaxies/nebulae on the other side of the windows from her, while there's something that looks like a flurry of snow on the inside. So this art is probably open to other interpretations. Either way, it's still a neat picture; I particularly appreciate the detail of her face/arm being reflected in the window in front of her.

Reactions: hamano

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
@hamano's Mikuration picks for October are up!

For songs this month, first is "Evidence" by Capchii. It's a really pretty, light, energetic-sounding song that seems like it would be good for celebrating a good mood! "One More Step" by colate is quite upbeat also, but it has more rhythmic punch to it. It also has some really vivid artwork!

Speaking of artwork, hamano's art pick, "Hydrangea Miku" by Shirayuki Towa, is a really nice choice, with its detailed depiction of each hydrangea blossom, which come in a variety of hydrangea colors. For some reason it makes me think of spring (and then wish it were spring rather than almost winter...).

Good choices as always, hamano!

polyphonicprairies

master procrastinator
is this the right place? may i please join this-?
miku was the first vocaloid i ever found, and i fell in love with her voice. i think i listened to rolling girl when i was young and i used to watch MMDs too! i also have some files with the demo of V4x i had. i can give some dropbox links or something if you wanna check those out, some of the vsqxs are half finished covers i didn't get time to complete, whoops!
obligatory pictures of stuff i did in MMD featuring the girl.
B O W.png
peace..png
so um yeah sorry if this is kinda long haha! so uhh can i join? i've given enough evidence right?? ;w; also apologise for grammar and whatever, too lazy today.

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
Sorry for submitting my picks a little late this month, I was quite busy on Thursday.

The common "theme" if you wish this time was that all three creators I chose to feature this time are associated with On Prism Records, a fairly famous Vocaloid electro record label/doujin circle.

Also, welcome to the club @Kitterr ! @mobius017 will add you to the club member list

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Welcome @Kitterr! I've added you to the clubs member list, and you can now add Miku-related content to the Club Creations album (described in the OP) if you wish, too! Please feel free to grab a fanclub userbar if you'd like as well!

Rolling Girl is a great song! It was really nice to hear about how you got into vocal synths/Miku when you were younger--it's nice to hear about the birth of a relationship that still continues today!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)