• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Hatsune Miku

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Welcome, @InstallGentoo! Wow, some Miku NT work! I think that may be a first for the fanclub. That's great; I'd love to see more people work with her!

I've added you to the club's member list. As a club member, you're welcome to put a fanclub userbar in your signature if you'd like. You also have the opportunity to add any Miku-related content (e.g., songs/artwork) that you create to the Club Creations album (described in the OP)!

If you're interested, we do something in this club called Mikuration. Mikuration is basically where club members provide some of their favorite songs and artwork each month on a rotating basis; those get featured in the OP. There's further info on Mikuration in the OP. If you're interested in participating, let me know!

Reactions: Nokone Miku

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Hi everyone,

I've made a minor change to our description of the Club Creations album. The way it was described previously, it used the term "original" to describe works you could include there. Looking back on it, that would have excluded covers, and it seems to me that that isn't right. So I've amended our description to address that.

If anyone has comments regarding that change, please let me know! Assuming there are no objections by...let's say end of day Apr. 3...we'll call that our approach going forward.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
@hamano's Mikuration picks for April are up!

Sakurairo Liebe - Takenoko Shounen

Vascillating between a sometimes wistful piano and a throbbing guitar, this song describes the situation of Miku trying to tell a boy that she likes him. It's a sweet song with a lot of energy and a well-done PV!

Mermaid Lemonade - irucaice

This is very much one of the sorts of songs that I like--upbeat and fun, with a sort of summer vacation day excitement about it. I'm sure it's going to be one of my favorites!

春の雨 by Hasu/SIYEON

Wonderfully sharp, detailed pic of Miku getting out of a light rain shower under a blossoming cherry tree. The somewhat washed-out nature of the sun in spring and how it plays with the colors of the cherry tree and Miku's hair is really well done. It makes you look forward to spring!

Great picks, @hamano!

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
My picks for April were originally going to be loosely spring-themed to fit the season, in the end I decided to throw irucaice's song there as a wild card. It's more fitting for summer, but then again for myself, even though I like spring, summer is what I'm really looking forward to. And irucaice's music always just makes you feel good. sadly summer is still a long way away here in Finland, it's not even spring yet

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Happy May, everyone! My Mikuration picks for this month are up!

"anger - 12RMX for DJ" by Tripshots

How do I discuss this? This is one of my most emphatically-recommended works that I've shared since I started Mikurating.

Miku's voice has very human depth and warmth; it's rich and smooth. If realism is what you prefer, I think this may be the most realistic use of her voice I've ever heard, bar none. In fact, I suggest that a human vocalist who sounded like this would get serious props. I also particularly love the occasional harmonies in the vocal track, which appear and disappear with amazingly fluidity (Though they're less pronounced than I'd like in this upload.).

The feel of the instrumentals has changed a lot from the original song, too; they're more spacious, spacey (in the outer space sense), and plaintive (in keeping with the singer's apparent emotion). But even the instruments themselves seem to be bowing down and making room--a goddess of emotion is on stage, and the track is hers.

This song is spectacular.

"Dream" by Another Infinity

This song may be the first cover that we've had in our Mikuration lineup. Originally produced by Another Infinity/Starving Trancer using GUMI, they also published this version 8 days later using Miku. Surprisingly, despite my having said not too long ago that I don't know of many duets between Miku and a human vocalist, this song manages to be a new one! In this song, Miku partners with Mayumi Morinaga. (Credit to VocaDB for the interesting tidbits!)

It's a really cool rock/pop song with sort of an otherworldly sound. Although the songs are very different, its vibe reminds me a little of dream's "My Will"/Namie Amuro's "Come" from InuYasha.

"tokyo rose" by takepon

I chose this artwork not only because I think it's pretty, but its ambiance also fits well with the songs I chose this month. I just love nighttime cityscapes with sparkling lights and mysterious shadows!

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Hi everyone! @hamano's June Mikuration picks are up!

Both of hamano's songs are by DIVELA, and they're some of the DIVELA songs I like the best!

"そこに命はありますか。" by DIVELA

"そこに命はありますか。" (something like "Is There a Life In It?") is a pretty, high-energy song that starts off with a twinkling sort of synth-bell sound and progresses into a quick, driving rhythm produced by both the drums and guitar. But somehow, it's the rhythm and pattern of rises/falls of volume and pitch in the vocal part that really captures my attention and sticks in my memory. DIVELA excels in making the rhythmic quality of their vocals stand out this way, and this song is no exception.

"ディザーチューン" by DIVELA

"ディザーチューン" ("DITHER TUNE") is similar to "そこに命はありますか。" in the memorable rhythm of its vocals. It's to a little lesser extent, though. In place of this, I tend to be drawn to the synth work--the grindy sort of synth from the beginning, and the similar but smoother one from later that oscillates up and down like the edges of a dropped coin. And, of course, the drums and guitar, with their almost metal-esque feel, that in spots drive the song forward like a train!

"Icedrop" by Konya Karasue

hamano's art for this month has Miku in one of the positions that only she can assume--riding along on the wing of an airplane! It's an interesting image--it looks like she has taken a crystal shaped like a heart out of a container (Or is it on a necklace, and is floating above the container?), and it seems to be melting and scattering on the wind. Between that and her somewhat ambiguous expression (Is her small smile peaceful? Is it melancholy?), it's hard to tell what the overall idea behind the image is. Interestingly, there also appear to be one or two fish up there in the clouds with her. This is one of those images that you can look at and think about from a few different perspectives.

All the thinking aside, the illustration of the clouds and all the light up there at multiple thousand feet is really pretty. In accord with the name, all the blues and darker shades in the clouds make the scene look rather cold...which seems like it also ought to play into the interpretation of the image....

Great choices, hamano!

AmazingStrange39

Miku-Avanna-Gumi enthusiast
May 23, 2019
Gonna plug myself here! I've made two original Miku songs on YouTube and hopefully more coming in the future.

There's also my SoundCloud, which...honestly has more on it. (I don't always know how to make videos, OK? Lol) It has some currently SC-exclusive originals and also covers

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Gonna plug myself here! I've made two original Miku songs on YouTube and hopefully more coming in the future.

There's also my SoundCloud, which...honestly has more on it. (I don't always know how to make videos, OK? Lol) It has some currently SC-exclusive originals and also covers
Awesome! I'm always thrilled to see people working on/succeeding at their art. Your songs are cool! Your taste in instruments is a little like Vault Kid's, huh?

If you're interested, don't forget that we have the Club Creations Archive--club members can add up to 2 of their own original works per month there. You'd be the second person to put in a song!

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Hi everyone! My Mikuration picks for July are up!

"HeatHazeSUMMER_replay?" by 23.exe

"HeatHazeSUMMER_replay?" by 23.exe is one of my favorite summer songs. I particularly enjoy the intro; it's lowkey and chill in its quietness, but the quick beat builds excitement. It makes me think of a summer morning. Then the rushing/cascading synth sounds come in, brining to mind sunlight sparkling on the waves at the beach or at a stream. And the song goes from there, with building excitement that you can imagine lasts all day long....

"Glass Wall" by GuitarHeroPianoZero

In somewhat a departure from the summer theme, "Glass Wall" by GuitarHeroPianoZero is a new favorite of mine that I encountered in Miku Expo Rewind at the start of last month, although the song is much older and was played when Miku opened for Lady Gaga. A song about Miku's longing to break through the glass wall of her monitor, the song moves between heartbreakingly bittersweet piano segments and, appropriately for a virtual singer, hard-hitting techno/house, complete with crashing synths and genre sound effects. The interplay of this is thematically perfect.

I'm also particularly struck by one of the song's comments on the YouTube upload. One of the users comments on having been in the audience for Lady Gaga, and seeing Miku perform this song live having been their first exposure to the song. They say that the message of the song/seeing it performed live hit them so hard that they immediately had to search it out afterwards. For some reason, this makes me think of what it would be like if this were the first Miku song you had seen/heard, and imagine what an experience that would be. It seems like it would be an incredibly appropriate and powerful gateway experience to me.

"木陰の下" by 零言黑夜

Back to a summer theme, "木陰の下" by 零言黑夜 is a lighthearted and cute depiction of Miku that carries the warmth and greenery of the season. Though it could easily be appropriate for spring, as well.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Hi everyone! I'm subbing in for @hamano this month--the Mikuration picks for August are up!

"Birthday feat.Hatsune Miku 初音ミク" by ryuryu

Since this is Miku's birthday month, I tried to pick some appropriate things. For my first choice, I picked ryuryu's "Birthday." This was featured during Mirai 2017, which was Miku's 10th birthday. This song is geared for sentiment rather than excitement, and the poignant-sounding vocals and piano, the quiet push provided by the guitars/bass and the punctuation of the drums, contrasted with some brighter tinkling chimes, achieve this wonderfully. The concert handled this song particularly well by pairing it with unforgettable choreography--during the instrumental break, composed of piano with some airy flute and twinkling chimes, Miku dances with a bright point of light, cupping it in her hand like a tiny ice fairy to guide it in ice-white arcs and whorls that trace her ballet or figure skating-like movements. It's really one of the stand-out, memorable experiences of the show.

"DATA 2.0 (Original Mix)" by Aura Qualic

For some reason, I particularly enjoy the sort of startup sequence that Aura Qualic's "DATA 2.0" uses (i.e., "Please type your password," "Select your Vocaloid," etc.). (A similar sort of thing happens if you watch the PV for HSP's "Unfragment.") Having this spoken aloud as the song gets going adds a lot of psychological tension/expectation before the swinging, horn-like synth kicks in and really gets the song going. This idea of starting up is really the reason why I picked this song for a birthday-themed group, along with the fact that it's just an awesome trance song, with its pounding beat and wailing horn synth lead. Between these two elements and the many other techno-sounding synth elements, the song takes you into an exciting and yet somehow bleak electronic world. And cutting through all the tension of that electrified technological space, Miku's voice is plaintive and organic, asking the person on the other side of the screen to love her before, for whatever reason, she's shut down. She doesn't seem to blame them; maybe the computer is being turned off?

It seems like a sad subject for a birthday song, but at the end, she also says that someday she'll have a drink with whoever that person is. So maybe the song reflects more of a transition between the electronic and external worlds, and it's sort of a birth after all.

"初音ミク" by Azit

When I saw "初音ミク" by Azit, I immediately felt that it was the one I'd choose for this month. It's just such a cute image, and conveys all of Miku's warmth, open-heartedness, and joy.

Happy birthday, Miku!

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Hi everyone! My Mikuration picks for September are up!

"Rosetta -krkr mix" by monaca:factory, remixed by wowaka

Starting us off, we have "Rosetta -krkr mix" by monaca:factory, remixed by wowaka. It's hard not to like the recurring guitar riff from the beginning, and Miku's vocals are haunting and exciting at the same time, mostly because of their tone. (I think the actual meaning of the lyrics is open to a good bit of interpretation. Is it about a failed love? Being conceived/born in a traditional sense, or in a non-traditional sense referencing computers/mathematics?)

"Universal Language 【14th Anniversary Remake】" by Flanger Moose

Our second song this month is "Universal Language 【14th Anniversary Remake】" by Flanger Moose. I really appreciate the message of this Flanger song (He wrote it to express his view of Vocaloid and the vocal synth community.), and the lyrics have a way of getting stuck in your head. I felt that this song was really appropriate for right after Miku's birthday. I think this song could be a good candidate for Mirai. This song is on the mellow side, but the concerts often incorporate more mellow songs as they actively manage the energy level of the audience, moving between more exciting songs and more relaxed ones a couple times during the show. And the hopeful and unifying message of the song would be perfect.

"夏" by 零言黑夜

For art this month, I chose "夏" by 零言黑夜. I had another, more concert-related image to share, but it sadly seems to have been taken down. Regardless, I like this summer artwork; you can imagine the heat and humidity and the buzz of cicadas as Miku sits on a bench under a tree, drawing some life out of her iced orange drink.

AmazingStrange39

May 23, 2019
Awesome! I'm always thrilled to see people working on/succeeding at their art. Your songs are cool! Your taste in instruments is a little like Vault Kid's, huh?

If you're interested, don't forget that we have the Club Creations Archive--club members can add up to 2 of their own original works per month there. You'd be the second person to put in a song!
I deleted my old YouTube a while ago, here's my new one: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYGVpMU0eb8JDGeu80IepKw

And yeah, I suppose it wouldn't be horrible to compare me to Vault Kid or Flanger Moose or someone.

• Love
Reactions: mobius017

AmazingStrange39

May 23, 2019
On the note of my own stuff, when I listen to my SPiCa cover with Miku V3 English, I keep mishearing "longing after you" as "running after you," and I can't help but chuckle at the nostalgia

Man, remember when Miku came out in English and everyone made fun of her accent, particularly her L and R? Not the most honorable of things to do, but though I was offended as a baby fan back in 2015, looking back I can't help but laugh a bit because I own and use V3 ENG Miku quite often now and some of the jokes have basis XD i love her to death though, hence...using her quite often and going out of my way to buy her, secondhand, in 2021

Last edited:

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
And yeah, I suppose it wouldn't be horrible to compare me to Vault Kid or Flanger Moose or someone.
I'm sorry if that comment wasn't appropriate. All I really meant was that some, not all, of the instruments struck me as having a somewhat similar feel to the sort of instrument that I would imagine Vault Kid picking. It wasn't meant to be insulting. Like I said, I enjoyed your songs, and the instruments sound good together!

Congrats on your new YouTube channel!

AmazingStrange39

May 23, 2019
I'm sorry if that comment wasn't appropriate. All I really meant was that some, not all, of the instruments struck me as having a somewhat similar feel to the sort of instrument that I would imagine Vault Kid picking. It wasn't meant to be insulting. Like I said, I enjoyed your songs, and the instruments sound good together!

Congrats on your new YouTube channel!
i mean, my music tastes are electronic so there's that (it helps that i really enjoy the drop in "thousand little voices" haha)

thanks! oh and here's my soundcloud, it has like test covers and unreleased songs and stuff keisou

Reactions: mobius017

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Hi everyone!

My time is regrettably short ATM due to some IRL stuff, but @hamano's Mikuration picks for this month are up in the OP!

"ALiVE" by HachiojiP

First up we have "ALiVE" by HachiojiP. Starting off a little darker and moodier, it soon quickens into more of a pop/gentle electronic breakdown. A very enjoyable song--like our next song, I'm sure I'll be listening to it again!

"Bright City" by keisei

Second we have "Bright City" by keisei! It's hard not to get pulled in by the guitar-like synth and the quick beat. It's a fun, bright song, and another great pick!

"ミクさん休憩中" by Nonoko

Our artwork this month is "ミクさん休憩中" by Nonoko! It's one of the cute, peaceful, slice of life images I enjoy--Miku's sitting by a window in the sun, maybe after a long night or long day of music-making. If you look through the window, you can see what looks like a park, a bench, and a brick street outside. Miku seems to be the sort who's a little self-conscious about being found taking a rest, as her cheeks are a little flushed.

Very enjoyable picks, hamano!

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Hi everyone! My Mikuration picks for November are up!

"Kill, Carry On" by Police Piccadilly

One of my favorites from Mirai 2019. It's hard not to get hooked on hearing Miku belt out the chorus! This is true of the instrumental between the chorus and the next verse, as well.

"Zureteiku" by wowaka

This song is another favorite of mine. The lilting cadence of the melody and the carnival-reminiscent quality of the main instrument give the song a funhouse sort of feel. Which is probably appropriate for a song whose title means "out of step."

"Halloween" by 零言黑夜

I have some lovely winter artwork in mind, but I refuse to put it in yet. Instead, I'll celebrate the Halloween holiday that is just recently over. You don't see Halloween Miku artwork nearly as often as winter-themed art, so I hope you'll enjoy this somewhat rarer gem of a witchy Miku with Jack-o'-Lanterns.

Last edited:

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Hi everyone! @hamano's Mikuration picks for December are up!

Hamano has gone with a SPACELECTRO theme this month. I think I've heard little to none of their music before, and what hamano has shared hasn't disappointed! Great choices, hamano!

Reincarnation ft.初音ミク SPACELECTRO

This is quite a song! Alternating between instrumental techno segments with an edgier, darker ambiance and the sweet, more plaintive-sounding vocals, Reincarnation keeps you alternating between disparate feelings from beginning to end. The music video goes more the techno route, with staticky images that cut into each other and blur amongst themselves and give the audience much impetus for interpretation and a relatively wide field for doing so.

ねぇネイルブルー -,SPACELECTRO

I really like this song! Miku's voice is as cute as ever, but the song seems to have an enjoyable bit of attitude to it.

Honestly, either of those songs would feel very much at home at something like Cheers39 or Digital Stars. Maybe one or both will be there sometime!

ミクの日2022 by Suzushiro Azu

Depicting a delicate sunrise, light blue sky, whispy ice-white clouds, and blindingly white birds, this somewhat chilly-looking image is a good depiction of Miku Day, when winter is losing it's grip and spring is just around the corner. Confetti-filled heart-shaped balloons float beside the girl in question, and confetti also streams behind her on the wind. As I said, the temperature seems chilly to me, but Miku's expression is warm and tender: she's moved that the day matters to you.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Hello everyone, and happy new year! My Mikuration picks for January are up!

"BELIEVE IN YOURSELF" by Mitchie M

We've discussed Mitchie M's album "Virtual Popstar" before. For classic Mitchie sound, you can't beat "The Greatest Idol." "Virtual Popstar" picks up where "The Greatest Idol" left off, but it also journeys into a diverse set of other genres, which is one of my favorite features of the album. "BELIEVE IN YOURSELF" is part of the more classic sound group and seems like a spiritual successor to Idol's "Believe." It's just as catchy as the original, and I'd argue that it gives the listener an even stronger dose of self-confidence vibes. You can't beat its chorus!

"Inverse Relation" by Clean Tears

Clean Tears is one of my favorite artists, and "Inverse Relation" is one of my favorites from them. It has a peaceful, soothing melody that is at times wistful and bittersweet and at others charges boldly forward. This is another song with a stand-out chorus; long after the song is over, you'll find yourself echoing Miku's ethereal, bittersweet refrain: "Inverse Relation!" The song takes advantage of this chorus nicely, with the instruments picking up on it and echoing it in the instrumental before the next part of the song.

"冬" by 零言黑夜

This is the winter image I promised during my last pick. Miku stands in front of a railing overlooking an icy, snowy cityscape. Her expression is the warmest part of the scene!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)