• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

SynthV Indiegogo campaign for Solaria

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
Half of the crowdfunding goal has been reached (20 grand out of 40), and half a month remains until the end of crowdfunding.
Honestly I'm a little bit worried.
Knowing how crowdfunding campaigns typically work, there might be a surge of donations towards the end of Solaris's campaign, which may or may not get her over the line. (To be fair, I am worried that her donations are coming in too slowly.)

lIlI

Staff member
Apr 6, 2018
The Lightning Strike
Q&A stream 2:

Skip to 11 mins to bypass technical difficulties.

More people have been signed on to create demo songs. If you are a producer: please check your emails!

The cost of Synth V development is under NDA, so a full cost breakdown isn't possible (some money also goes to production and shipping of merchandise, and 5% goes to Indiegogo)

New tiers:
Exclusive Merchandise Backer: $45
Thank you in video
Digital wallpaper
Sticker pack
2 buttons, 2 charms
Acrylic Stand

SOLARIS Ultrafan: $435 (only 10 available, 4 claimed at the time of writing)
Everything on SOLARIS Superfan
2 posters, 1 signed by the team
Washitape of sticker designs
Extra copy of SOLARIS
Emma Rowley's signature on the box
Unique Ultrafan card

• Some new samples of Emma singing at 26:11 - showcasing the power she is capable of.

• Producing more tiers is difficult because each tier results in higher costs.

• They reiterate that they're very interested in making more voices if SOLARIS is successful, but it would rely on her sales providing enough profit to fund one. They would focus on a voice that's very different. They would like to make a male.

• They agree that there's a gap for a rock vocal in English. (YASSS.)

• If Eclipsed Sounds cannot fund SOLARIS, they will continue to support English vocal synths in any way they can.

• If they reach a certain threshold, they can make up the rest themselves (implied they aren't quite there yet, but they're closer than it seems).

• She is likely to have a softer lower range (like a kire bank?)

• They would consider other engines as an option if they were within their funding range and the crowdfund was not successful.

• They are considering opening donations to Paypal.

• They are happy for Eleanor Forte AI and more options for English voice banks!

• 'What is SOLARIS's favourite planet' The team's headcanons: Venus, because it's close to the sun and very hot, or Mercury, because it's close and her little buddy, or Earth because she loves humanity, or Mars because it's red, or Pluto as it's her vacation getaway spot....

• Emma gives vocal training lessons, so it's very appropriate she's helping train an AI.

• You can use the official art (not just her design, but the specific illustration on her box) for up to 1000 physical copies of a CD/promotional material with a credit line, or anything non-commercial. (I think SOLARIS is going to have one of the most open licences for a vocal synth so far.) Her full liscence will be available on their website if she's funded.

• No current plans to produce a 3D model, but it's something they could fund in future if a lot of people are interested.

• They are open to the idea of a SOLARIS TTS in future if there's interest.

• They are working on plans to market outside the vocal synth community.

• If you're an active user of a music community, they'd appreciate you sharing SOLARIS.

• SOLARIS will be sold on their website (it's already set up to handle purchases).

• An official reference sheet would have to be funded.

• At 1:17:00 they showcase fanart!

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA

Circus-P is doing a stream right now where he's writing a song that in the future he'll use for Solaris, he's doing a lot of hyping Solaris up and encouraging people to support her campaign and it's pretty fun! Lots of people in the chat are learning about her for the first time and getting excited :)
It's so cool to see her being so well received so far!

lIlI

Staff member
Apr 6, 2018
The Lightning Strike
Welcome to Vocal Synth Maths Class. :kiyoterunatural_lili: Today we solve this equation:

82% Indiegogo + 15% Investors + 3% Paypal =

Solaris has been funded! :sonika_ani_lili:

Extra donations will go towards her stretch goal:

$55,000

• Improving the quality of SOLARIS’ singing capabilities with more AI training data, allowing for alternate pronunciation selections, clearer performance at difficult pitches, and an overall improvement to tone and realism
  • Additional key artworks such as a full reference sheet for the SOLARIS character, and artwork for an alternate design for SOLARIS
June 28 2021: Third Q&A livestream
August 2021: Digital merch rewards
December 2021: Physical merch rewards
January 2022: Digital codes for SOLARIS sent to backers
February 2022: Physical edition of SOLARIS sent to backers

pico

robot enjoyer
Sep 10, 2020
I’m so relieved! This is such an amazing development. Congrats, SOLARIS team. I’m on the edge of my seat to see what happens next.

Reactions: nachodorito

CdrSonan

Passionate Fan
Sep 12, 2019
Big congratulations to everyone at Eclipsed Sounds!!!
However, I think this is a huge achievement for not only Eclipsed Sounds, but also the English community as a whole. I've never seen so much artwork and fan-driven promotion for a character before their release, and I think there will be lots of people enjoying her voice a lot!

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
morrysillusion.wixsite.com
theres a lot of things called Solaris and Solaria. i doubt any specific thing made them change Solaris to Solaria- just one of those legal things that likely came up as a "eh, may as well change it to avoid problems in the future", Solaris by itself is a very very common name, more than Solaria at least so i guess it makes sense to change it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)