• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

SynthV Kasane Teto for Synthesizer V AI

Vector

Passionate Fan
Mar 6, 2022
OSTER Project on the demo song:

Google Translate:
I was in charge of the official demo song "April Star" for Synthesizer V AI Teto, which was released on 4/27🌸

This is the story of how a false diva born from April Fool's Day becomes a real diva
I guess my linking of Teto Territory on April 1st was a bit premature, or very appropriate lol. This is a great example of one of my favorite things about the vocal synth community in general: people make things and create something bigger than all of them, purely by force of creativity. Miku, as a character, was basically memed into existence, and so was Teto.

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
this is SO exciting and she looks and sounds so good!! I read on twitter people who own AHS products get a discount on her and I have miki hmm....but I havent bought voice synths in awhile cause i always just use the same two and i hardly ever use jpn vocals. i'm so torn

WyndReed

Dareka tasukete!
Apr 8, 2018
???, New York
this is SO exciting and she looks and sounds so good!! I read on twitter people who own AHS products get a discount on her and I have miki hmm....but I havent bought voice synths in awhile cause i always just use the same two and i hardly ever use jpn vocals. i'm so torn
The discount is only on the physical version if you order from AHS, not the download.

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
At least if you have SV Pro she can also sing in English and Chinese. Haven't heard her crosslang yet, so I dunno how good it is, but... 😅

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
At least if you have SV Pro she can also sing in English and Chinese. Haven't heard her crosslang yet, so I dunno how good it is, but... 😅
oooh interesting, i havent been keeping up with synth v news so i didnt know about this feature! sadly i do not have sv pro :kaito_lili: but this is good to know

Reactions: MillyAqualine

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
You can hear it a bit in her mellow demo. It sounds similar to the crosslang of other JP native banks, which means accented, but leagues more understandable than her English CVVC ever was by default.
I messed around with her English CVVC, and honestly, I don't hear much of a difference as far as comprehensibility goes unless used by someone who doesn't know how to optimize CVVC. That said, I'm gonna hold off on further direct comparisons between the two until we get a proper English demo; it doesn't feel right declaring one superior to the other just yet when we've heard her AI sing exactly five words in English. :LOL:

pico

robot enjoyer
Sep 10, 2020
I think my use of the word "better" was a mistake. I apologize for that. There are many reasons an end user could prefer the CVVC over a SynthV XLS system, but from my perspective, as someone that used her CVVC voicebank extensively, the reason for this would be "personal preference" and "I like the sound" for the same kind of reasons I still prefer listening to concatenative synthesis in most of my music. It's an instrument that can be played.

Let me clarify my intended reading. Her english sounds like (from the little we've heard) it will be comparable, if not basically the same, to the other Japanese VBs on this engine cross-synthesized into English. I feel confident saying that because I have not heard yet a Japanese Synthesizer V bank that differs from the group in this area yet. Even though we only heard 5 words-- she sounds a whole lot like the TOKYO6 characters in those 5 words.

I've discussed this on these forums before, but I think the reason AI synthesis has made such a splash in the anglosphere is the fact that AI synthesis eliminates a lot of the compromises we made with concatenative synthesis and reclists like CVVC that do not exist to the same extent in Japanese.
The XLS has not been perfect, but it has done wonders on wider perspectives toward English synthesis in these contexts. In my opinion, XLS has been more successful at synthesizing English than traditional concatenative synthesis (not restricted to UTAU), even if I have a personal taste for listening to voices with these reclists for what they are (instruments). "Better" in a linguistic sense, not necessarily what will make the best art for you personally. CVVC will have its unique parts that XLS simply cannot have because everything is rendered out of the same cross-language model, which is why it's so consistent (but also samey).

Her CVVC is full of charm but to use it effectively, you need to know a lot about UTAU configuration. I don't think it's as much "optimization" as knowing how to mix her voicebanks together outside of the English CVVC VB. Which can be learned, but... I've never heard her English described in any context other than being a nightmare to work with, by the people I know that are loyal fans of that VB.

This is why I feel confident saying, "it will be better than CVVC English" to a person that is wondering whether or not they will be able to use it to sing in English, because so far, every XLS JPN->ENG has had better luck synthesizing english, as a language, than Teto CVVC. I am sorry. This comes from a place of love X(

But yes, nothing is a guarantee so we still don't know and I spoke too quickly. We'll have to wait and see.

We are all gonna make cool-ass things. With UTAU Teto and SV Teto! Together! Fusion!
Countdown clock!

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
I think my use of the word "better" was a mistake. I apologize for that. There are many reasons an end user could prefer the CVVC over a SynthV XLS system, but from my perspective, as someone that used her CVVC voicebank extensively, the reason for this would be "personal preference" and "I like the sound" for the same kind of reasons I still prefer listening to concatenative synthesis in most of my music. It's an instrument that can be played.

Let me clarify my intended reading. Her english sounds like (from the little we've heard) it will be comparable, if not basically the same, to the other Japanese VBs on this engine cross-synthesized into English. I feel confident saying that because I have not heard yet a Japanese Synthesizer V bank that differs from the group in this area yet. Even though we only heard 5 words-- she sounds a whole lot like the TOKYO6 characters in those 5 words.

I've discussed this on these forums before, but I think the reason AI synthesis has made such a splash in the anglosphere is the fact that AI synthesis eliminates a lot of the compromises we made with concatenative synthesis and reclists like CVVC that do not exist to the same extent in Japanese.
The XLS has not been perfect, but it has done wonders on wider perspectives toward English synthesis in these contexts. In my opinion, XLS has been more successful at synthesizing English than traditional concatenative synthesis (not restricted to UTAU), even if I have a personal taste for listening to voices with these reclists for what they are (instruments). "Better" in a linguistic sense, not necessarily what will make the best art for you personally. CVVC will have its unique parts that XLS simply cannot have because everything is rendered out of the same cross-language model, which is why it's so consistent (but also samey).

Her CVVC is full of charm but to use it effectively, you need to know a lot about UTAU configuration. I don't think it's as much "optimization" as knowing how to mix her voicebanks together outside of the English CVVC VB. Which can be learned, but... I've never heard her English described in any context other than being a nightmare to work with, by the people I know that are loyal fans of that VB.

This is why I feel confident saying, "it will be better than CVVC English" to a person that is wondering whether or not they will be able to use it to sing in English, because so far, every XLS JPN->ENG has had better luck synthesizing english, as a language, than Teto CVVC. I am sorry. This comes from a place of love X(

But yes, nothing is a guarantee so we still don't know and I spoke too quickly. We'll have to wait and see.

We are all gonna make cool-ass things. With UTAU Teto and SV Teto! Together! Fusion!
Countdown clock!
I apologize, but I'm not sure I'm fully following 😅 What I'm getting from this is that she's going to be more streamlined to use, and if that's the case, I agree! But tonally, pronunciation-wise, etc., I don't wanna pass judgements yet until we hear a full sample with her, that's all. And if that's not what you're getting at, I apologize. Blame my cats. They decided to play Who Can Be the Loudest Fucker in Town last night so I haven't slept much, heh...

pico

robot enjoyer
Sep 10, 2020
I'm making an assumption, based on what we've heard in the song, and based on the track record of all of the other Japanese VBs on the engine, that Kasane Teto SV will sound similar/have a similar range of effectiveness in English, because they are all very similar, and have effectively the same pitfalls.

English is a language that has benefitted greatly from this kind of synthesis specifically. So Kasane Teto SV would be an outlier if it is a lot different and struggles or succeeds in unique ways. Which, to be fair, is completely possible. But it would be surprising.

Tonally we definitely can't know how it will compare to Teto CVVC yet or how it will appeal to people that want the very specific sound from Teto CVVC instead of broadly being interested in a "Teto that can speak English". But pronunciation wise we can have a good idea from the rest of the products on this engine.

But like I said, waiting for a full sample, is still a good idea. You are right.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)