• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

SynthV Kasane Teto for Synthesizer V AI

pico

robot enjoyer
Sep 10, 2020
STOP IT. IT'S NOT APRIL 1ST ANYMORE, RIGHT?!!!!

EDIT:
Okay, I've recovered a little... but not quite... hahaha.

I am not ashamed to say that I fully shed a tear when I saw this on my timeline and clicked into the video. Especially hearing harufuri's "mini ni maga-ru", like this. I cannot believe it.

What gets me the most... what do I even say? It sounds like her. I would be disappointed if it lost the charm but that little quality of her voice that all of her UTAU voicebanks had is still fully there. Not to mention the new design is fully "her" and extremely cute.

I can't believe a joke character of all things got this far.

I will be buying this and Synthesizer V Studio as soon as it comes out. My eyes!!!

EDIT EDIT: Preorder is out already?! Stop!!! I CAN'T DO THIIIS

EDIT EDIT EDIT: The first thing I ever did with music production was make a Teto song with my friend in middle school. She brought me into such a strange and wonderful world. I'm so greatful. GUYS!!!!

Last edited:

Granata

*Luna fan number one
Jul 30, 2022
As a Teto stan since I was a kid that makes me happy on one side but I'm kinda afraid that they'll privatize her UTAU

Reactions: MillyAqualine

Krin

UTAU is my religion!!!
Feb 28, 2019
SHE SOUNDS JUST LIKE TETO!!!!!! THIS IS REALLY TETO!!!! ❤❤❤:teto_smile_lili:

I thought this was an April fools thing when I first saw it on Twitter and completely ignored it, but then earlier today when I saw the demos pop up in my feed AAAAAAH, it hit me. This is the real deal!!

I am just so, so happy right now, I can't believe how close she sounds to her UTAU voicebanks. Twindrill did this perfectly. She sounds very much like herself. With such an iconic voice and character, it's hard to replicate the same sound and tone but I feel the team nailed this. Same voice, just in a higher-quality engine. Even her Power vocal sounds so much like her Sakebi voicebank. I love her Mellow vocal style the most... wait and her Joyful as well!!! In her UTAU banks one thing I really liked about her voice was her lower notes, I just thought her tone was very unique. And listennnn they got it right!!!! AHHH okay I need to breathe.

I can't wait to hear how people use her, be it original works or covers. It's gonna be so fun seeing what people do with her, I absolutely love how hyped up everyone is for Teto right now!! Class A celebrity girrrrrl!

Maybe it's just the way I've been very attached to her and UTAU in general growing up, but seeing her move up to something as big as Synth V, and AI nonetheless, it just makes me really happy. @pico I won't lie I had so many emotions going through my head that when I listened to the demos I was pretty close to crying too BECAUSE not only does she sound so good, but it's like re-experiencing the excitement I had when I was 12—13ish. It's kind of nostalgic but without the sad longing feelings nostalgia usually brings, because this time it's new and current. Doesn't take much to excite me though and this was just, a lot lol.

I may be a little dramatic sometimes but I swear this is JUST the right amount for an occasion such as this. Anywayyys...

Thank you Dreamtonics, for doing Teto right ❤

----

As a Teto stan since I was a kid that makes me happy on one side but I'm kinda afraid that they'll privatize her UTAU
I don't think they would. Didn't Teto just get a new experimental voicebank somewhat recently? Seeing how Teto is basically the face of the software, I doubt Twindrill would discontinue her distribution.

(Edited to merge posts)

Last edited:

blackout

Passionate Fan
Apr 13, 2018
GODDDDD what amazing news to wake up to, she sounds and looks amazing 😭🙏 and just like that she has shot up as my favourite SV character

also can’t believe S.A.S was chosen as a demo song, that’s my very favourite Teto song!!!! Her voice still sounds so unmistakably like Teto. I’ll be very impatiently waiting for my pre-order DL to be sent

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
I'm so happy for Teto fans that Synth V captured what everyone loves about her! I never followed her voice closely, but this has given me a new appreciation for it. Her deep, forceful tone genuinely sounds incredible. Those screams in the power demo are something I've never heard for SynthV before.
I believe the screams are done in Utau. They sound the exact same as they sounded in the original song, so I’m thinking the sung vocals are the only thing done in SynthV.

lIlI

Staff member
Apr 6, 2018
The Lightning Strike
That makes sense if there's not a dedicated scream vocal mode! I know it's possible to make growls with some plugins, it'll be interesting to see if it's possible with her new voicebank.

These demos are kind of making me realise I may have been sleeping on Teto's voice, she's extremely unique.

The only thing I'm definitely not a fan of with this release is their choice of design to reference, girl there are some parts of vipper development I'm not nostalgic for.:ring_ani_lili:

pico

robot enjoyer
Sep 10, 2020
I decided to take the plunge and preorder the digital version. I knew I'd have trouble convincing myself to go for it at standard listing price, so I decided bite the bullet and do it! I will eventually buy SynthV Studio Pro for English synthesis.

This will be the first commercial synth I will own. I promised myself that I wouldn't spend a lot of money on a voice synth until I 1) verified that I was entirely sold on the voice and 2) could hold myself accountable to actually making substantial projects with the voice. I haven't ever felt so inspired by a synth product, especially right out of the gates from the company demos and not via exposure from commissioned demo songs, so I knew this was it. I didn't expect it to be a SynthV vocal especially-- I find myself more partial to concatenative and stylized synthesis, but this is the first time I've heard a SynthesizerV vocal and thought, "wow, people are really going to push this to its limit". I think people are going to make really cool things with this vocal. And I hope to be one of them!!

What a weird character. Although Hatsune Miku introduced me to this scene and taught me to love music, Kasane Teto is what brought me into its fold and taught me that truly anyone can make it. The accessibility of the character, the frankly stupid backstories and 2channel origins evolving over time into a "blank slate" representation of crowdsourced community love for music and net culture, is simply awesome.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KASANE TETO!!!
Yeah!! It's gonna be so hard to wait!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)