• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

SynthV Natsuki Karin voicebanks for Synthesizer V AI and CeVIO AI

lIlI

Staff member
Apr 6, 2018
The Lightning Strike
TOKYO6 is launching a crowdfunding campaign for Natsuki Karin, the first follow up to their debut voicebank, Koharu Rikka.

Demo samples of her singing and speaking were revealed here:

SynthV Demo
CeVIO Demo

Crowdfunding dates:
8th of October to 28th of October

Crowdfund link

1st goal: ¥6,800,000 for both AI voicebanks
2nd goal: ¥8,500,000 Pitagoe development
3rd goal: ¥10,000,000 3D/2D model

Intended release: April 2022

Last edited:

lIlI

Staff member
Apr 6, 2018
The Lightning Strike
Personal thoughts: As a voicebank she sounds good, with a nice touch of emotion coming through from the AI.

However, in the grander context of the current wave of vocal synths, I feel that these voicebanks are continuing to risk redundancy in terms of what they offer producers. I'd like to see more risk taking, but I don't expect it from TOKYO6, considering they're committed to the classic school idol gimmick.

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
However, in the grander context of the current wave of vocal synths, I feel that these voicebanks are continuing to risk redundancy in terms of what they offer producers. I'd like to see more risk taking, but I don't expect it from TOKYO6, considering they're committed to the classic school idol gimmick.
Hasn't this been considered a problem since the V3 era of Vocaloid? Because I remember people complaining about V3 voicebanks sounding too "samey" back in the day (though the routine glut of releases didn't help.)

Going back on topic, is it just me or does Karin's SynthV sound a bit like ONE?

Cluemily

cherish chika
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 25, 2018
www.youtube.com
Karin's crowdfund is now live and, at the time of posting this (15-ish minutes since the crowdfund went live), is sitting at 77% funded towards the first goal for her Synthesizer V voicebank and her CeVIO AI talk voicebank.

edit: Karin's first goal is now 100% funded!

Last edited:

lIlI

Staff member
Apr 6, 2018
The Lightning Strike
To me, Karin captures a very 'Miku-like' essence, while still standing out in her own right, making her a good addition to SynthV. She has a cute voice, but with a peppy edge and heavy realism. She has a similar design theme to Miku, but it's more grounded. I don't know if she'll be a huge breakthrough, as we've had fairly similar voices and designs before - and it's possible she'll be too normal to be memorable; but I wouldn't be surprised if she was successful.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)