• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

VOCALOID New gynoid VOCALOIDs - MEIKA Hime & Mikoto

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
Still sad that nobody has gone with VoiceText for their Talk DBs though I assume they're very expensive given the quality... I do like how they sound a lot! Mikoto actually sounds ike a human for the most part. Not gonna lie, I think they'll get pretty popular as narrators and I hope GYARI picks them up to make some songs like he has done with VOICEROIDs.

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
Yamaha updated VOCALOID5, and the update is apparently related to Hime and Mikoto, so it is recommended to update your editor before they are released.

FYI: I updated, but Avast Antivirus gave me problems and insisted on scanning the update and VOCALOID5 itself before letting me use it.

You have to download the update from the website and unzip the folder. (The V5loids' vocals haven't updated, though they are included in the folder, it's really just the editor that needs to be updated.)

Reactions: ngoomie and Mika

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
I love Mikoto's voice a lot. I feel like she's a good, fresh voice type. While Hime isn't necessarily anything new, I still really like her too. Both are precious.
I really like gynoid as a Vocaloid company. They seem to try new types of voices and it adds a good variety to the mix of 'loids. I hope they keep releasing more vbs.

Mika

crying over Rune Factory 6
Jul 5, 2018
Germany
While Hime isn't necessarily anything new, I still really like her too.
That's something I read a lot but actually, I think Himes voice is still something quite new. We have 2 other Vocaloids with that much airyness in their voice, Aoki Lapis and Zunko. Lapis voice is even more cutesie than a lot of the others and it doesn't matter how hard you try, you will not get her to sound really powerfull. Zunko has multiple times been described as very hard to mix and her voice too is rather soft in a way that makes it hard to give her a powerfull sound. But Hime seems to be able to get (mostly) rid of her airyness AND be more powerfull, we could hear that in her demo songs. So she actually is the first airy Vocaloid to break that boundary! If she's also relatively easy to mix she will automatically be the best choice for beginners who like this voicetype (if V5 weren't that expensive..). I did not include appends in this thought process, btw. I don't know how much you can change Zunko and Lapis voice in V5 though, as I have neither of that.

I too can't wait too see what gynoid will come up with in the future, their Vocaloids are all interesting and something new and I'm just happy that they seem to have lot's of fun creating these characters and giving them life. Flowers twitter account is hilarious sometimes. I think it's also the only Vocaloid character account that's still active? Mayus was active until the end of 2017, which is also pretty long! I mean they used it 5 years? Most of the others stopped like maybe a year after release or something like that.

Reactions: MillyAqualine

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
Yamaha giving us a VOCALOID5 update but it's literally just for Hime and Mikoto's thumbnails instead of fixing how much of a pain to use V5 is </3

I'm praying GYNOID give them Twitter accounts, they'd be hilarious to see. I have a feeling that Hime might be a pain in the ass to mix since airy voicetypes generally are but if they pick her up with Mikoto I guess it's a learning experience?...

Reactions: ngoomie and Mika

ngoomie

New Fan
Jan 22, 2019
I'm super excited for both of them! I can already think of quite a few things I want to cover with them, I guess they'll maybe have to be some of the first VOCALOIDs I end up picking up once I get around to that? though I'm not quite sure whether I want to buy their talk voicebanks or not.

Reactions: xuu

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
I'm super excited for both of them! I can already think of quite a few things I want to cover with them, I guess they'll maybe have to be some of the first VOCALOIDs I end up picking up once I get around to that? though I'm not quite sure whether I want to buy their talk voicebanks or not.
If you think you have a use for them then go ahead, though they are pretty expensive too. I think their voice sample packs may be enough?

Reactions: ngoomie

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
Gynoid announced that the day before Hime and Mikoto are released, you can download a 2 week trial for their Vocaloids the Gynoid website!

EDIT: So, they are releasing in Japan on the 30th, but on the 29th you can download the trial. (It's 7 PM in Japan on the 28th right now, the download will be able to be downloaded at 10 PM ~ 6 AM only.) < It's basically 26 hours away from release time right now.

EDIT #2: I'm gonna try to download the trial when it comes out, if someone wants to hear tests of them singing a certain VSQx, tell me so I can post it up on here. I know not many people have V5 yet and therefore can't try out the trial. (It's coming out at 8 am where I am, but I work 9-5 that day, so I won't be able to post the song tests until after getting home from work. I plan on trying different pitch and gender factor combinations, plus the extra vocal effects they come with.)

EDIT #3: Proper translation:

Last edited:

Mika

Jul 5, 2018
Germany
Oh that's cool!
I wonder why there is no trial version of the V5 editor though. I remember there being one for V4, I don't know if there was one for V3..
Ok, V3 voicebanks all came with some kind of trial editor so I guess that was that. But In my opinion a trial version is even more important with V5. It's so expensive, why should anyone who never used Vocaloid before or just get's into it buy it without having tested it?

Reactions: ngoomie

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
I wonder why there is no trial version of the V5 editor though. I remember there being one for V4, I don't know if there was one for V3..
Ok, V3 voicebanks all came with some kind of trial editor so I guess that was that. But In my opinion a trial version is even more important with V5. It's so expensive, why should anyone who never used Vocaloid before or just get's into it buy it without having tested it?
Hm, I didn't think about that. What if this trial really does come with a V5 trial, too? I guess all we can do is wait and see to make sure. Or maybe I could try to ask Gynoid about it, maybe they will reply? I just assumed it didn't come with one cause Yamaha is curmudgeony and they just said the trial was for their Vocaloid version.

Not related, but GobouP shared a screenshot of the interface of GynoidTalk. I forgot that it would be in Japanese. ^^;

It says volume, speed, pitch, intonation, short/long voice and I can't read the last one. Then, the tabs are tuning, master, voice, phrase, vocab. (Something like that.)

Reactions: Mika

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
Okay, I asked and they replied really fast.

I asked if the trial only comes with their voices or if it also comes with a trial of VOCALOID5 so that people who don't own it can try out their voices. Gynoid said it is only their voices and doesn't include V5.

Reactions: mobius017

Mika

Jul 5, 2018
Germany
Hmm. Like I said, it's weird that Yamaha won't make a trial version of the editor. They do not want us to try stuff anymore for whatever reason.🤷‍
Too bad for us who can't afford V5, but that's at least something for the ones who have it. I think Sora didn't have a trial, right? If yes, then that's already weird, all the other AHS loids have trials. But with the lack of an editor trial I kinda get it.

Exemplar

Veteran
May 17, 2018
Hmm. Like I said, it's weird that Yamaha won't make a trial version of the editor. They do not want us to try stuff anymore for whatever reason.🤷‍
Too bad for us who can't afford V5, but that's at least something for the ones who have it. I think Sora didn't have a trial, right? If yes, then that's already weird, all the other AHS loids have trials. But with the lack of an editor trial I kinda get it.
Not a smart business move seeing how SynthV has a very generous demo period

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
Not related, but GobouP shared a screenshot of the interface of GynoidTalk. I forgot that it would be in Japanese. ^^;
[I removed the image to not stretch the page]

It says volume, speed, pitch, intonation, short/long voice and I can't read the last one. Then, the tabs are tuning, master, voice, phrase, vocab. (Something like that.)
The interface is the exact same as VOICEROID 2. Here's a screenshot I took if you want a better look.

Cluemily

cherish chika
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 25, 2018
www.youtube.com
I've already preordered them so I'm definitely gonna download the trial to give them a go and see if they work with what I want to do.

I guess the trial's weird for people who don't have V5 but I guess a V5 trial is on YAMAHA to work on, not the companies who produce VBs for it.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Okay, I asked and they replied really fast.

I asked if the trial only comes with their voices or if it also comes with a trial of VOCALOID5 so that people who don't own it can try out their voices. Gynoid said it is only their voices and doesn't include V5.
I can get why there's no editor trial for third-party VBs--I mean, these two are only the second V5 release outside of the ones Yamaha ships the editor with. The fact that there's no editor trial for V5 with Yamaha's VBs...yeah, that's a definite let-down. Was there a trial for V4?

Not a smart business move seeing how SynthV has a very generous demo period
True. So far, I don't think you're required to pay for the editor at all unless you're making songs that will be sold for money, right? (At least I think that's what I put together when reading the Synth V website/forums when getting Synth V myself.) But to be fair, Synth V is still sort of getting its development finished--that's one of the main reasons for the Synth V forums. So its demo period is good for the company, too, because it lets people get the software for free and test it out in the real world so any issues can get fixed.

(Which was at least handled more straight-forwardly, IMO, than Yamaha's "soft-launch" shenanigans, but that's a different issue... orz.)

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
I’m very excited for the trial of these two! I’m much more a Hime fan, but I’d like to try them out and maybe get both sometime or just Hime depending on how I like them.

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
I downloaded them. It comes with an installer for each girl and they each have like 9 breath .wav files.

But when I try to get them to sing, no sound comes out. I don't know what's wrong or how to fix it!

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
I'm trying to go download them, but the site is down for traffic....

Hopefully I can get them sometime during the day, if Ican even getto the site....

NataliaMisbah

New Fan
Sep 6, 2018
First time poster

Most sampler engines cost more than VOCALOID. Kontakt is about $400 for the sampler and a bunch of instruments. VOCALOID5 is $300 or so for 8 voices and a bunch of other stuff like singing styles, editable loops, and wav files as well as being a full DAW while Kontakt is pretty much purely VST. It's expensive sure but as far as samplers go VOCALOID is much cheaper than most even if it's a one trick pony (being only able to do vocals vs Kontakt being able to sample about anything).

Kontakt has a "demo"/free version but you can't export any sound files and most paid libraries can't be played. Maybe Yamaha could do something like that?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)