• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

VOCALOID New gynoid VOCALOIDs - MEIKA Hime & Mikoto

Mika

crying over Rune Factory 6
Jul 5, 2018
Germany
They are released! yayy!!

And trainman is as early as always haha.
Some other covers are also already up. I wonder what the problem with their trial seems to be?
Others don't seem to have it. Maybe it's because of the locale settings?

Raku

Aspiring Fan
Jun 16, 2018
Indonesia
They have horns because of the Red/Blue Oni trope probably

I really want to hear them used by others before I judge for sure but so far I really do like how Mikoto reminds me of a softer Flower. I like Flower but sometimes she's just TOO strong for me sdjflkdsj
I'm late, but I just want to clarify or at least add another information regarding their design. There's no official statement from Gynoid, but I have to say that there's a high chance they're not Red/Blue Oni. Unfortunately I don't bookmark a thread / chain of replies regarding the discussion of HimeMiko's motif/origin, but there are two tweets that I will present, one is

[...]デザインのモチーフとなったのは、太宰府天満宮(福岡県太宰府市)の御神木「飛梅(とびうめ)」
That part says that the design motif (for HimeMiko) is (Dazaifu City, Fukuoka Prefecture's) Dazaifu Tenmangu's Sacred tree, named Tobiume. Why Fukuoka Prefecture is related? Because of Hakata Dialect, Hakata dialect is a Japanese dialect spoken in Fukuoka city.

Next tweet is...I don't know if it's needed but I will post it anyway

translation: I heard from people living in Fukuoka yesterday that Tenmangu has two head (statue)* of cows so it seems that's what HimeMiko is based on.

*Sorry for the weird translation regarding that, I'm not familiar in translating God/Shrine expression and I don't want to read a whole japanese wikipedia article regarding Dazaifu Tenmangu and Tobiume.

TalkHime_crop.png

I saw this in someone else's tweet but I don't bookmark it, sorry :/ If you download their public illustration, you can see a cow motif in their talk outfit.

One last (unrelated) thing, bless you all that never/can't venture inside the voiceroid fandom lol. Really.

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
Yesterday was really cruddy, I spent over 8 hours in two Vocaloid Discords trying to figure out a solution on how to get the Meikas to sing. There were only about 2 people that got them to work (one right away, one after moving their files and reinstalling). I saw at least 6 people (including me) not able to hear sound from them, we reinstalled their voices, reinstalled VOCALOID5 Editor, compared settings and methods, but nothing was working. Someone on the VocaVerse Discord who couldn't hear them sing got them to work in the 4.5 Editor and finally in VOCALOID5 Editor after purchasing them.

I even wrote to Gynoid and they replied twice, once to say it might be an audio driver issue, another time saying they weren't providing support with the demo.

But this morning, it seems to have randomly begun working for people (including me). If you had issues hearing them sing, try opening the editor and check it if they are finally working. Also, I heard on Twitter that something goes wrong with their trial if you try to import a MIDI, but I haven't tried it out.

Personally, I'm NOT happy with this sloppy demo business and I feel like I can't defend VOCALOID5 Editor anymore with its update issues, high cost, lack of demos, forcing people to buy at least 4 Vocaloids they might not want, slow software, etc. : /

Reactions: Mika and ngoomie

Wario94

Passionate Fan
Jan 5, 2019
Now that the Meikas are out, I would like to chat about the possibility that the fans would do for them:
1. Make covers (duh.) Here's my prediction for the Meikas: 1 2 Fanclub, Matryoshka, and Magnet.
2. Speaking of Magnet, I bet that a few fans would ship Hime and Mikoto. Don't believe me? Minutes ago, I saw one on Pixiv in which one of the drawings in which the Meikas kissing with each other. Literally.
(Please don't kill me.)

ngoomie

New Fan
Jan 22, 2019
Now that the Meikas are out, I would like to chat about the possibility that the fans would do for them:
1. Make covers (duh.) Here's my prediction for the Meikas: 1 2 Fanclub, Matryoshka, and Magnet.
2. Speaking of Magnet, I bet that a few fans would ship Hime and Mikoto. Don't believe me? Minutes ago, I saw one on Pixiv in which one of the drawings in which the Meikas kissing with each other. Literally.
(Please don't kill me.)
kyaami just posted a 1 2 Fanclub cover not too long ago!

Reactions: Wario94 and Mika

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
Speaking of cillia's cover, here it is:

She used their VOCALOID5 voicebanks, as well as their Talk banks and their voice samples, which she used with their talk banks to make it all flow really naturally. I think it's a great demonstration of their voices, and I hope that more people use their resources like this! It's really fun and makes them kind of feel like..more than vocaloids? It seems like Cillia had access to them for a while (as a beta tester?) so she's been working on this for a while!

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
Awesome, they sure turned out to be popular, it's cool we get to look forward to their models having the alternative outfits!
:chika_ani_lili:

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
But this morning, it seems to have randomly begun working for people (including me). If you had issues hearing them sing, try opening the editor and check it if they are finally working.
@uncreepy: Hm, I'm really late seeing/replying to this, but is it possible that restarting the computer (or maybe turning it off and on again?) made it work? (Definitely a poor software experience even if that's why it started working.... :kaito_lili: )

Last edited:

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
Pretty sure it's not it, because I turned my computer off and back on during the fiasco and so did a couple other people (multiple times, even) attempting to reinstall the voices, but literally nothing worked. We tried both the Gynoid website's installer and the one on the file sharing website. Uninstalling Vocaloid5 and reinstalling, compared locale and settings, nothing helped. So we gave up for the day and found out it was working the next morning. I feel like maybe Tarou fell asleep at Yamaha and flipped a switch the allow everyone's trial to work or something.

Reactions: mobius017

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Pretty sure it's not it, because I turned my computer off and back on during the fiasco and so did a couple other people (multiple times, even) attempting to reinstall the voices, but literally nothing worked. We tried both the Gynoid website's installer and the one on the file sharing website. Uninstalling Vocaloid5 and reinstalling, compared locale and settings, nothing helped. So we gave up for the day and found out it was working the next morning. I feel like maybe Tarou fell asleep at Yamaha and flipped a switch the allow everyone's trial to work or something.
I also think it was something more on Yamaha’s end. If you see the V5 FAQ, there is this question about no sound and one cause can be unauthenticated/unactivated VBs—essentially what a trial is (with exceptions like V2, Miku V4X, a d LUMi trials). So it was likely also an issue of not having V5 set for trials correctly (since any unactivated VB shows up in “trial mode”, including unactivated V5/standard VBs if I remember correctly)
But that’s my theory about the issue, given my Meika trial also didn’t work the first day I used it

Reactions: uncreepy

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
Wanted to share a cool factoid about the voice provider of the Meikas that was announced recently:

Kotori became a member of Japan Mensa. To get in, you have to score in the 98th percentile on an IQ test.

She said on her blog that she took it for "various reasons" and tried out an online version and got a good score, so she took the real one.

Reactions: MillyAqualine

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)