• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

RWBY

Nova

The Man Without The Plan
Staff member
I mean, at least Neon and Flint were just relegated to a training montage. I think so anyway. I'd say Raven has a strong chance of showing back up, though at this point, the heroes have 1 maiden backing them up. Though I think the only maiden we haven't seen is the Summer maiden? I wanna say Cinder is the Fall maiden (I mean, it'd make sense with her last name). At some point I think all the maidens are gonna have to come together for...something.

Yeah, Raven is the spring maiden, Penny is the winter maiden, and Cinder is the fall maiden. So the summer maiden is going to show up at one point. I wonder if one of the main four will get her powers. I hope not, that would be really cliche, but RWBY isn't exactly known for branching out... but anyway.

Nova

The Man Without The Plan
Staff member
I mean, I wouldn't be against it, if only they show one of the girls having a clear struggle in getting a handle on the powers. Though, I doubt they'd be able to pull that off. Just look at how they've handled Ruby's silver eyes.

Yeah, it always annoyed me that everyone, even Oscar, was able to get a hold of their powers so quickly. Wasn't the whole point of Beacon Academy to train them? Why even bother going if they're already perfect??
But Ruby's Silver Eyes was definitely the worst. She didn't even seem fazed by the fact that she has a rare semblance and was able to use it effectively with zero issues. Does she bother to ask either Ozpin or Maria about them? No. It was really irritating.

Nova

The Man Without The Plan
Staff member
Well, Maria eventually figures out what color her eyes are, and at the very least we're able to see that Ruby isn't in total control. But she really should have been wondering more about them after Volume 3. And even then, I don't think Maria offers too much help in figuring out how they work.

I totally thought I responded to this, lol. Anyway, I do agree, but it still bugs me.

Also, do you think Ruby's mother is the summer maiden? I just realized the mother's name is "Summer". Just a thought. Would be lazy writing in my opinion, but I feel like it's reeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaally coincidental.

Reactions: Stardust

Nova

The Man Without The Plan
Staff member
I mean...maybe she's alive? But if she met Salem, then I can't really see it. Salem seems intent on wiping out anyone with the silver eyes. Or at least capturing them. Why I'm not sure, wish they'd go into that a bit more.

Something I'm thinking is maybe Summer was corrupted by Salem? I don't know how that might work, but it's just a thought. I'm not really that invested in the plotline anyway, just something I had noticed. Maybe we'll get more information about Summer or Salem's hatred of the Silver Eyes next volume. Who knows.

I'm actually kind of interested now that I think about it. If they ACTUALLY decide to give us some Ozpin/Salem interactions (which is a big if), I think it will be incredibly interesting, especially considering how I think Ozpin has grown over the past few volumes (at least from what I saw at the end of Volume 7, anyway).

I'm also curious as to who will end up killing Salem. I have a sick feeling it will be Ruby and I'm hoping it's not. That would be depressingly cliche. I feel like it absolutely must be Ozpin. Though a personal thought of mine is that it might be cool if Cinder finished her off. It would fit her character better than Cinder blindly following Salem for no real reason.

Nova

The Man Without The Plan
Staff member
Ozpin finishing Salem off is not possible. Remember, he asked the Genie if he could kill Salem, and she replied "You can't." That said, as some have pointed out, Gene is kind of...specific in what she says, so it could be that Ozpin can't defeat her. But Ruby or anyone else can. There's also the idea that Salem can have the corruption within her purified in some way, thus it follows what Gene said.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)