• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

SynthV Synthesizer V Discussion Thread

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
I was reading some tweets from Eji, and it seems to be that it's based on the actual recordings, and may be possible with updates.

Also, Animen sent a new email. The Quadimension vocals will be available on ANICUTE starting on July 29th! If you participate in the upgrade scheme for AiKO / 1st gen editor you can get a discount on them. (EDIT: my mobile browser didn't show the above post, sorry! 24 hours to go until Animen release)

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Also, Animen sent a new email. The Quadimension vocals will be available on ANICUTE starting on July 29th! If you participate in the upgrade scheme for AiKO / 1st gen editor you can get a discount on them. (EDIT: my mobile browser didn't show the above post, sorry! 24 hours to go until Animen release)
Hnnnnn... nothing for people who purchased them through Taobao? And if we buy them through Animen, will we be able to get the boxes from Quadimension once they’re released? I was excited at first, but now I’m just sad, I think.

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
Hnnnnn... nothing for people who purchased them through Taobao? And if we buy them through Animen, will we be able to get the boxes from Quadimension once they’re released? I was excited at first, but now I’m just sad, I think.
Don't know yet. They're different distributors, so probably not. You could possibly ask them ([email protected]) if they'll offer an upgrade price, but I doubt they'd offer the boxes as they're something Quadimension make in-house.

Silver1063

Aspiring Fan
Apr 19, 2019
OH. I just thought maybe since Quadimension is starting to sell their "Singing Libraries" on Anicute for international customers, ZERO/Stardust English might be coming sooner than later...
Edit: Its been a year, Quadimension has perished in the fires of mobile game hell

Last edited:

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
I don't think so. We already know their order of development will be Male VB -> New Female VB -> New Male VB, and there's been no word on Chalili's contract situation. I think it's mostly because it's difficult for international customers to buy from Taobao at the best of times, so ANiCUTE can be an international distributor, like how Quadimension distributed AiKO in mainland China. It'd be nice, though.

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
Heard about this the other day. It's really good news, since we'll be waiting a bit for her updated voice database due to COVID-19 we can now use her old one in Synthesizer V Studio free of charge. I noticed a couple of typos in the graphics so I'll try to take note of them and send them an email.

kozet

Conlanger
Jul 5, 2019
flirora.xyz
To be clear, if I bought the SynthV editor but not AiKO when the first-generation editor came out, then the VIP upgrade plan applies to the editor but not AiKO (in other words, I'll be paying $19 for her, not $9), right?

Edit: Also, do the discounts need to be purchased on the same transaction as the upgrade?

Last edited:

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
To be clear, if I bought the SynthV editor but not AiKO when the first-generation editor came out, then the VIP upgrade plan applies to the editor but not AiKO (in other words, I'll be paying $19 for her, not $9), right?

Edit: Also, do the discounts need to be purchased on the same transaction as the upgrade?
First question - yes, it only applies to the editor. Second question - no, they don't need to be bought in the same transaction.

Genbu is pretty great in SynthV Studio. I haven't really tested him yet but his soft expression and falsetto seem quite promising.

Reactions: kozet

kozet

Conlanger
Jul 5, 2019
flirora.xyz
Some notes with messing with AiKO in SynthV Studio Pro. I'll be updating as I discover new things.

1. z` at ALT1 is a good approximation for [ɹ] or similar sounds.
  2. Having a fricative or affricate at the end of a phrase causes it to extend beyond the note (see Fig. 1). With some consonants, the sound is pretty weird. I don't know why normal people would want to do this anyway, but here it is. (Edit: it also happens with plosives, seeming to sustain some kind of nasal release after the note.)
  3. You can use N in an onset, though you'll have to adjust the phoneme timings (see Fig. 2).
  4. Sometimes, AiKO might skip over phonemes at the start of a syllable (presumably in situations that would never occur in Mandarin). Putting a sil or pau seems to work around this problem. Edit: turns out I accidentally input a period in the phoneme input. Don't do that, folks.
1594944507961.png
Fig. 1. A visualization of the voice extending beyond a note due to a syllable-final affricate.

1594944641665.png
Fig. 2. An example of adjusted phoneme timing to accommodate a N onset.

Last edited:

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
@kozet If you write more about her phonemes, could you share audio clips (Google Drive or SoundCloud or something) if it's not too much trouble?

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
Comparison between Kotonohas' sadness parameter (Singing VOICEROID) vs Synth V (not default settings), as well as a whisper tone demonstration at the end

As well as someone else messing around and editing them to sound more like their VOICEROID voice:

It's no surprise that they sound much better in a program that's actually, you know, designed for singing... I'm still kind of in shock that this even happened. I love them so much, I'm super excited....

The_Inky

New Fan
Jul 21, 2020
I just bought Synthesizer V pro, still waiting on the download link and activation code. Does anyone know if Eleanor comes with Pro? I couldn't find any documentation of what voicebanks Pro comes with, just wanted to make sure I had the full feature editor more than anything.

WyndReed

Dareka tasukete!
Apr 8, 2018
???, New York
I just bought Synthesizer V pro, still waiting on the download link and activation code. Does anyone know if Eleanor comes with Pro? I couldn't find any documentation of what voicebanks Pro comes with, just wanted to make sure I had the full feature editor more than anything.
The Lite version of Eleanor will be available to use on the 31st and I think that Saki Lite comes with the editor.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)