• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

SynthV Synthesizer V Discussion Thread

Raku

Aspiring Fan
Jun 16, 2018
Indonesia
Complementing Uncreepy's post, for people that understand Japanese and want to confirm it yourself, watch the livestream and skip to 2:05:10. There AHS talks about how DAW, instrument have many variations, like how piano from different maker can have different sounds etc. At 2:07:55 he also responded about AHS leaving Vocaloid and the response is not at all. Their goal is increasing the voicebanks available, hence the SynthV.

The_Inky

New Fan
Jul 21, 2020
Wasn't Eleanor Lite supposed to release today too? I only ask because the Dreamtronics site seems to be down right now so I can't check for myself.

Twillby

Longtime Listener
Apr 8, 2018
US
Anicute has a link for Eleanor Lite. Idk about Dreamtonics because it's down for me right now too it seems (maybe heavy traffic? XP)

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
Dreamtonics is down (too many people wanted to download the VBs!) but the available lite vocals are as follows:

Chinese:
AiKO lite
Chiyu lite

Japanese:
GENBU lite
Saki lite

English:
Eleanor Forte lite

No Renri yet, but maybe later...?

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
That face when the vocal synth community accidentally DDoSes (is that the right "verb"?) Dreamtonics.
And the mental image of that scene from World War Z where the zombies are climbing on top of each other in a giant pile comes to mind.
I feel a bit bad for people who bought SV Pro and were like "Oops, I thought it came with voices, that's okay, I will wait for Eleanor Lite" (site is down). They are probably very confused right now.

I tried out the demo a bit and the software feels SO SMOOTH. It's like the interface is made out of butter, everything slides around so quickly and easily. Watching someone else use it is completely different to actually using it yourself, it made me feel legitimately excited. I started to watch the official tutorials, because I wasn't sure how to use all the features. I also tested out Saki mainly and was surprised that I actually really had fun using her voice (I liked hearing her before, but thought she wasn't for me, but I was wrong), but I didn't tune in the program yet.

lIlI

Staff member
Apr 6, 2018
The Lightning Strike
Saki's voice is beautiful and I hope she gets more usage.

Although web SV had a lukewarm reception at first, I think it's going to be really good at getting people into the software. It's like a trial that requires the least possible effort from a potential buyer. Plus, the idea is pretty novel for a modern program.

The_Inky

New Fan
Jul 21, 2020
Even the Lite version of Eleanor is pretty outstanding, I can't wait for when they release the full version. I will be downloading the Japanese voicebanks here pretty soon, work is keeping me pretty busy this week, so I'm having trouble making time currently. It's all so nice though, I am really excited for when they get the VST support going so that I can just stay in Ableton the whole time I'm making music.

Älfa Dröttning

Aspiring Fan
Sep 17, 2019
I’m not sure how many of you saw my profile post yesterday but I asked if anyone knew how long the SynthV discounts (specifically the 4-in-1 with the editor) on Anicute would last. Today I emailed them and here’s what they said:

“Hello, thank you for your support, the 4-in-1 discount package will continue to be sold in August, but the sales plan for September has not been confirmed, and other plans may be launched in September.“

So if anyone is specifically looking for that deal now might be the time to get it. I’ll probably just wait and see if they announce a bundle with Eleanor and experiment with the lite vocals until then.

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Although web SV had a lukewarm reception at first, I think it's going to be really good at getting people into the software. It's like a trial that requires the least possible effort from a potential buyer. Plus, the idea is pretty novel for a modern program.
It helps that they’ve really perfected the interface - it was originally quite clunky and painful to use, much less get any desirable results with, but the current web editor is almost identical to SVS itself. I have high hopes for it!

Reactions: lIlI

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
Does anyone know if there is a dictionary/plugin that converts JP to ENG yet? Or how to make your own other than hand writing in the phonemes manually?

Prism

Enthusiast
Jul 18, 2019
I hope there is way to make a phoneme replacement plug in like vocaloid. Chinese to English actually sounds decent.

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
On the right side of the interface there is a dictionary icon, you can create your own dictionary/give it a name. I made a test dictionary where the word is in hiragana and the phonemes are arpabet (for Eleanor), but I don't actually know where this dictionary is saved on my computer/how to look at it.

Kazumi did make a plugin to replace Chinese > Japanese, but I have no clue how they did such wizardry. I downloaded it, but don't actually have the folder to put it in, because I don't actually own the full version of Synth V 2 that can use plugins. (Another reason to actually buy it. But who to buy first?!)

kozet

Conlanger
Jul 5, 2019
flirora.xyz
Unfortunately, even with Eleanor, the alternate phoneme feature doesn't seem to be able to improve pronunciation reliably. Most of the time, there's hardly any perceptible difference, and even when the difference is noticeable, the same 'allophone' for a given phoneme can sound different depending on the context; see this file for an example, where each .m eh l syllable has the eh phoneme at ALT1. While it might be possible to force a clear [l] (instead of a dark [ɫ]) when the stars align, I wasn't able to do the same with the alternate pronunciations of ao. In addition, changing the alt setting on a phoneme sometimes affects the pronunciation of neighboring ones. (Try observing this by placing a note with the lyrics .s aa and changing the alt setting of each phoneme.)

(On the bright side, I was able to force the presence or absence of aspiration on plosives, so perhaps buying Pro was worth it.)

Reactions: mahalisyarifuddin

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
Don't think this has been reported here. Ddickky made a Weibo post that reads as such:

We're not just getting one voice database demo from Quadimension this month, we're getting two. Muxin as well as a character called "minus", who seems to be related to ZERO. I would assume this is the female voice database they talked about before. Given Muxin's demo will be released on the 7th, he'll probably be on sale by the end of the month. I'd guess minus will release in September.

EDIT: Haru.jpg (Napstina, the programmer for Quadimension vocals) has confirmed on Twitter that this is correct, and clarified that minus is a female vocal.

Ddickky said it on Weibo, so can I say it here?~
Our male voice database (Muxin) will come next week... probably.
Also, our female voice database (minus) will come the week after.

Active as always, huh?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)