• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Unconventional opinions

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
Usually if critics don't like a film the audience will love it. That seems to be true for most comedy and action films at least.
I think movie critics crap on most comedy and action flicks because they tend to be formulaic genres. As in, you see one movie using the regular tropes that every other movie beats to death, you've seen them all. That's probably why critics dismiss "crowdpleasers" and "popcorn" movies. Of course, every so often, a new comedy or action movie comes out that either subverts the standard tropes or tries something different, and the critics go nuts over it, but usually the public doesn't watch it.

Unconventional music opinion: I love outsider music (stuff like Wesley Willis, The Shaggs, Daniel Johnston, etc.). Yeah, the songs sound "bad" by conventional standards, but it's more of a fascinating, amusing and sometimes heartwarming kind of bad, rather than the traditional kind of bad where your ears feel like dying. Outsider artists by definition don't usually realise they've created something that sounds completely out there in comparison to both professional musicians using traditional musical structures, and consciously avant garde artists who intentionally play weird music (like Frank Zappa, early Devo, etc.), so in a way, you feel more of a raw authenticity with them.

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
When it comes to representation of LGBTQ+ couples in children’s media: The Loud House > Stephen Universe. SU has its place, but TLH has such grounded, normalized portrayals of gay couples in everyday settings, which I think is what a lot of people need to see. As a queer woman, TLH has stuck with me a lot more than SU.

Reactions: Jisenku and ___

ikaroll

I wanna scream
Jan 23, 2020
My computer
Shows I like get canceled
Legit every show I watch was cancelled a long time ago, and its sad

anyways, because I saw Disney mentioned in the last page-
Wall-e > any other pixar movie

Wall-e is adorable and it has such a good message about the environment (although it makes me sad when watching) and i don’t know.....its just a really underrated movie and i feel it should be more popular

Jisenku

womp womp
Nov 17, 2020
idk anymore
jisenku.carrd.co
When it comes to representation of LGBTQ+ couples in children’s media: The Loud House > Stephen Universe. SU has its place, but TLH has such grounded, normalized portrayals of gay couples in everyday settings, which I think is what a lot of people need to see. As a queer woman, TLH has stuck with me a lot more than SU.
I respect your opinion, but do you like the ✨gay flair✨ that SU brings out?

Nova

The Man Without The Plan
Staff member
I haven't watched too much Loud House, but I remember the episode where Lincoln's friend(the black kid) comes to stay over and I think before that you'd never know he had gay parents. The show doesn't harp on about it and treats them like regular (well sort of, I remember one of them being REALLY overprotective) people. It was really refreshing to see in a time where many movies, games, and such try to use things like that as a selling point and nothing more.

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
I haven't watched too much Loud House, but I remember the episode where Lincoln's friend(the black kid) comes to stay over and I think before that you'd never know he had gay parents. The show doesn't harp on about it and treats them like regular (well sort of, I remember one of them being REALLY overprotective) people. It was really refreshing to see in a time where many movies, games, and such try to use things like that as a selling point and nothing more.
It gets even better: his parents are shown to be wonderful people who will happily take the Loud family in, and their overprotectiveness isn’t really played up past that one episode. A personal favorite of mine includes Clyde overhearing his dads talking about baby-proofing the house and preparing it for a new arrival; Clyde excitedly tells Lincoln that his parents might be having a baby, and he’s gonna be a big brother. Lincoln spends the rest of the episode trying to tutor Clyde in the ways of being a brother. (His dads actually get a cat.)

As if that’s not enough, one of Lincoln’s sisters is bisexual and ends up getting a girlfriend. They don’t beat around the bush with it either; they openly hold hands and embrace and discuss their relationship, and in one episode she kisses her on the cheek. And they’re just... treated like any other couple on the show. It’s beautiful.

Nova

The Man Without The Plan
Staff member
It gets even better: his parents are shown to be wonderful people who will happily take the Loud family in, and their overprotectiveness isn’t really played up past that one episode. A personal favorite of mine includes Clyde overhearing his dads talking about baby-proofing the house and preparing it for a new arrival; Clyde excitedly tells Lincoln that his parents might be having a baby, and he’s gonna be a big brother. Lincoln spends the rest of the episode trying to tutor Clyde in the ways of being a brother. (His dads actually get a cat.)

As if that’s not enough, one of Lincoln’s sisters is bisexual and ends up getting a girlfriend. They don’t beat around the bush with it either; they openly hold hands and embrace and discuss their relationship, and in one episode she kisses her on the cheek. And they’re just... treated like any other couple on the show. It’s beautiful.
All of this gives me much more respect for the show. In fact, I can wrap around it to the topic itself: Subtext sucks. I've grown tired of many series be they anime or otherwise beating around the bush and having stupid moments like character A saying that Character B is important to them and this leads to shippers being terrible to one another and other people. Just have the characters get together, be they heterosexuals or homosexuals. And no, I don't count a series ending with the two getting together to count, because that doesn't allow the relationship to really be explored at all.

___

Oct 8, 2019
A movie/tv series/anime/etc. adaption not being faithful to it's source material and having it's own story isn't inherently a bad thing and I welcome it, it just means I can follow the characters I grew to like but in different scenario, or see them in different perspective, more content w my favs cool 👍 I don't get why people get so worked up over it.

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
thats a lot of poptart to not eat so what do you do with the rest??? i have no opinions on poptarts either way but id have to hope the majority of that poptart left isnt being thrown out lol
i usually do just throw it out sorry </3
unless someone around me is there to finish the poptart for me. most people ive met dont like the crust and only like the center, so it usually works out pretty nice.
dont fear though, it's not like this is a regular occurrence LOL. i very rarely eat poptarts.

D

Deleted member 6215

I really hate cinnamon. So much.
Not only I'm severely allergic to it, it doesn't even taste that great...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)