Unpopular Opinions

TheStarPalace

Likes Engloids way too much
Apr 8, 2018
I honestly really enjoy using Matsudappoiyo, but that's not an unpopular opinion :yukari_ani_lili: I've only used his newest voicebank, however, and it was uploaded only recently. I'm mostly just glad hes a male UTAU who's actually somewhat relevant and isn't Kazehiki. (Matsudappoiyo was also voiced by a woman, since that topic also happened to come up, haha)

Liking V5 feels like an unpopular opinion? The Meikas might be popular but actually liking the editor is very uncommon, to the point that the producers I know who prefer it can be counted on one hand and often get hate comments if they say how much they like it. I dont really have an opinion since I haven't used it.

RoboCheatsyTM

Your local Sukone Tei fan and Kagamine-addict
Vocaloid's goal is realism but you're right about producers looking for different things in vocaloid! And I honestly don't think Len's issues with realism EVEN stem from his vp being a woman ( I personally think he sounds boyish enough too but thats subjective opinion ). Also I think it's important to point out that male VBs voiced by men will give you the most authentic masculine vocal but male VBs voiced by women have their own unique tone that people might be looking for, it's good to have both options.

I was also thinking of Ruko! I really like using that VB. Also I exclusively use moresampler ahaha. Btw I don't mind listening to Matsu but tuning him was no fun, how was your experience?

Regarding V5, you need really powerful PC for it and I was lucky to own one because I do need to be able to run heavy software for my non-hobby stuff. I experience no crashing or freezing.
I agree with everything you said about Len there. For me, he sounds like a boy and that's good enough for me! (I think he sounds realistic, although some people on Wiki will write five paragraphs disagreeing with me, lol.)

Although I have experience with more difficult vocals, for me, tuning Matsu is difficult, esp. due to the engine noise I get when rendering with his vb. I like his tone and the way other people tune him, but I can't tune him to save my life. Haha!

patuk

Aspiring Fan
Oct 8, 2019
I honestly really enjoy using Matsudappoiyo, but that's not an unpopular opinion :yukari_ani_lili: I've only used his newest voicebank, however, and it was uploaded only recently. I'm mostly just glad hes a male UTAU who's actually somewhat relevant and isn't Kazehiki. (Matsudappoiyo was also voiced by a woman, since that topic also happened to come up, haha)

Liking V5 feels like an unpopular opinion? The Meikas might be popular but actually liking the editor is very uncommon, to the point that the producers I know who prefer it can be counted on one hand and often get hate comments if they say how much they like it. I dont really have an opinion since I haven't used it.
I'm glad you're able to enjoy him!

I'm also glad you are being fair and not making definite opinions about V5 since you haven't used it. Too often I see people bashing V5 even tho they haven't even touched it.

I agree with everything you said about Len there. For me, he sounds like a boy and that's good enough for me! (I think he sounds realistic, although some people on Wiki will write five paragraphs disagreeing with me, lol.)

Although I have experience with more difficult vocals, for me, tuning Matsu is difficult, esp. due to the engine noise I get when rendering with his vb. I like his tone and the way other people tune him, but I can't tune him to save my life. Haha!
I think there are more realistic voicebanks than Len, I find him little choppy ( Rin too ) but I enjoy his tone nonetheless! Also if you, an actual owner of his vb, find him satisfying enough in terms of realism that's all that matters honestly.

I know people are scared of cryptonloids moving to new engine but I'm hoping they'll be able to reach their full potential there. I'm hoping Rin and Len will create even smoother results and reach their full potential. Sorry if this sounds little too off topic btw.

Also oh boy, can relate so it isn't just me ^^ What's funny is that I like tuning Teto even tho she has pretty noticeable engine noise too, hm.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)