• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Unpopular Opinions

TheStarPalace

Hardcore Fan
Apr 8, 2018
I honestly really enjoy using Matsudappoiyo, but that's not an unpopular opinion :yukari_ani_lili: I've only used his newest voicebank, however, and it was uploaded only recently. I'm mostly just glad hes a male UTAU who's actually somewhat relevant and isn't Kazehiki. (Matsudappoiyo was also voiced by a woman, since that topic also happened to come up, haha)

Liking V5 feels like an unpopular opinion? The Meikas might be popular but actually liking the editor is very uncommon, to the point that the producers I know who prefer it can be counted on one hand and often get hate comments if they say how much they like it. I dont really have an opinion since I haven't used it.

Sep 21, 2019
Vocaloid's goal is realism but you're right about producers looking for different things in vocaloid! And I honestly don't think Len's issues with realism EVEN stem from his vp being a woman ( I personally think he sounds boyish enough too but thats subjective opinion ). Also I think it's important to point out that male VBs voiced by men will give you the most authentic masculine vocal but male VBs voiced by women have their own unique tone that people might be looking for, it's good to have both options.

I was also thinking of Ruko! I really like using that VB. Also I exclusively use moresampler ahaha. Btw I don't mind listening to Matsu but tuning him was no fun, how was your experience?

Regarding V5, you need really powerful PC for it and I was lucky to own one because I do need to be able to run heavy software for my non-hobby stuff. I experience no crashing or freezing.
I agree with everything you said about Len there. For me, he sounds like a boy and that's good enough for me! (I think he sounds realistic, although some people on Wiki will write five paragraphs disagreeing with me, lol.)

Although I have experience with more difficult vocals, for me, tuning Matsu is difficult, esp. due to the engine noise I get when rendering with his vb. I like his tone and the way other people tune him, but I can't tune him to save my life. Haha!

___

Oct 8, 2019
I honestly really enjoy using Matsudappoiyo, but that's not an unpopular opinion :yukari_ani_lili: I've only used his newest voicebank, however, and it was uploaded only recently. I'm mostly just glad hes a male UTAU who's actually somewhat relevant and isn't Kazehiki. (Matsudappoiyo was also voiced by a woman, since that topic also happened to come up, haha)

Liking V5 feels like an unpopular opinion? The Meikas might be popular but actually liking the editor is very uncommon, to the point that the producers I know who prefer it can be counted on one hand and often get hate comments if they say how much they like it. I dont really have an opinion since I haven't used it.
I'm glad you're able to enjoy him!

I'm also glad you are being fair and not making definite opinions about V5 since you haven't used it. Too often I see people bashing V5 even tho they haven't even touched it.

I agree with everything you said about Len there. For me, he sounds like a boy and that's good enough for me! (I think he sounds realistic, although some people on Wiki will write five paragraphs disagreeing with me, lol.)

Although I have experience with more difficult vocals, for me, tuning Matsu is difficult, esp. due to the engine noise I get when rendering with his vb. I like his tone and the way other people tune him, but I can't tune him to save my life. Haha!
I think there are more realistic voicebanks than Len, I find him little choppy ( Rin too ) but I enjoy his tone nonetheless! Also if you, an actual owner of his vb, find him satisfying enough in terms of realism that's all that matters honestly.

I know people are scared of cryptonloids moving to new engine but I'm hoping they'll be able to reach their full potential there. I'm hoping Rin and Len will create even smoother results and reach their full potential. Sorry if this sounds little too off topic btw.

Also oh boy, can relate so it isn't just me ^^ What's funny is that I like tuning Teto even tho she has pretty noticeable engine noise too, hm.

DefiantKitsune

Lonely kanon fan
Apr 11, 2018
I can't stand Rin's English bank. It is barely intelligible and, even if that problem is dodged, has a gross tone.

There's really nothing I can add to that.

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
I can't stand Rin's English bank. It is barely intelligible and, even if that problem is dodged, has a gross tone.

There's really nothing I can add to that.
Agreed, Rin and Len's english vbs were kind of flops in my eyes. I often forget they even have them because they're so intelligible. I just assume it's their JPN voicebanks singing in english

Reactions: peaches2217
Sep 21, 2019
- Don't know how unpopular this opinion is (sorry if it's not an unpopular opinion), but I don't think Vocaloid is superior to UTAU; UTAU might be a bit dated, but I think it stands on equal footing with Vocaloid for the most part. (Though, Vocaloid definitely has a leg up when it comes to English; English in UTAU is a PAIN.) (The sentiment the UTAU is somehow inferior to Vocaloid is very common on the Vocaloid wiki.)

- I think Diva X is a good game with a p. solid song list, and I liked the story mode. What I hated was the amount of darn replaying you have to do just level up the darn clouds or whatever. That was irritating.

- I actually like dance/live stage PVs in Project Diva; when done well they can be just as good as a story PV. Lost One's Weeping is a good example of a well-executed stage PV.

___

Oct 8, 2019
- Don't know how unpopular this opinion is (sorry if it's not an unpopular opinion), but I don't think Vocaloid is superior to UTAU; UTAU might be a bit dated, but I think it stands on equal footing with Vocaloid for the most part. (Though, Vocaloid definitely has a leg up when it comes to English; English in UTAU is a PAIN.) (The sentiment the UTAU is somehow inferior to Vocaloid is very common on the Vocaloid wiki.)
On the other hand, I think english in UTAU sounds a lot better than in Vocaloid. I like vocaloid engloids now and I'm willing to invest into them but it did take me some time to get used to how they sound, they all sounded so unnaturally nasally to me ( ironically my favorite vocaloid engloid is now Ruby ). Even if english utaus might not have the best recording quality sometimes and they're tedious, with the really good ones you can achieve more natural sounding results in terms of tone more easily than with Vocaloid I think ( and I don't want people to think I hate vocaloid engloids, it's the exact opposite! I love them but I still stand by my opinion )

Well! That was a mouthful! Sorry about that! Also english UTAU is scary at the first sight but what helped me to get started was that Teto englsih plug-in and Teto has decent-ish english if you don't mind japanese accented english. She's a good start!

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
I actually don't mind Rin and Len's English voicebanks. They're not good for much, granted, and they're a damn PAIN to tune, but when used correctly and with effort they can actually sound nice. One of my first covers used Len English and Oliver, and it's one of my few covers I'm still proud of. Their pronunciation is terrible, but I think that's part of their charm.

I also agree with UTAU and Vocaloid being on equal footing. I've yet to figure UTAU out, and I have the deepest respect for people who use it and use it well. I don't get how anyone could look down on it so much.

DefiantKitsune

Lonely kanon fan
Apr 11, 2018
By "very common", you mean "one particular person who posts very frequently" right
loljik

Sound quality wise it's still one of the best engines along w/Vocaloid and maybe CeVIO but it has certain engine sounds i personally don't like and, more importantly, the software's interface/system is HORRIFIC.

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Sound quality wise it's still one of the best engines along w/Vocaloid and maybe CeVIO but it has certain engine sounds i personally don't like and, more importantly, the software's interface/system is HORRIFIC.
Damn I wish I could enjoy UTAU because it's free and there's so many voices but the interface is garbage. It's a pain to look at, a nightmare to use, and makes finishing anything in the program an absolute chore.

Reactions: Scarlet Illusion
Sep 21, 2019
Does that make liking UTAU interface an unpopular opinion? Guess that's my unpopular opinion :teto_lili:
I actually like it as well! But I wish the colors were toned down a bit (then again, I guess that's what UTAU color is for. XD sadly I can't use UTAU colors since I'm running UTAU through wine on a mac cri)

Reactions: ___

___

Oct 8, 2019
I actually like it as well! But I wish the colors were toned down a bit (then again, I guess that's what UTAU color is for. XD sadly I can't use UTAU colors since I'm running UTAU through wine on a mac cri)
Doesn't utau have mac version tho? I think it's called utau synth.

Sep 21, 2019
Doesn't utau have mac version tho? I think it's called utau synth.
Yeah, but sadly it doesn't allow for the use of plugins since they're all designed for windows and I'm stuck using the default resampler (I don't touch that, I'm a moresampler purist XD) since it doesn't allow you to change your resampler. It's a shame, though, because UTAU Synth has a very clean interface. Ironically enough, Win UTAU runs better on my mac than it ever did when I used Windows, so I can't complain. XD

Reactions: ___

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)