• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Unpopular Opinions

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
I would say Sweet Ann is a powerful vocaloid who isn't nasally :x but she is however outdated ;-;
its so sad because a lot of my favorite english voice types are just unfortunately very outdated. I LOVE leon and lola's voices, but they're very behind in the times. Ive heard people say amy and chris are like the modern leon and lola, but they just don't hit the same for me.

___

Oct 8, 2019
This is really subjective but:

If you don't like Miku NT now, you most likely won't like her later either and there won't be any miracle update that will suddenly make someone who already dislikes her, like her. Too often I hear "I hope Crypton makes her sound better" or "Oh don't you worry Crypton can update her any time just wait for her to improve" and I feel like too often what people mean by that/hope for is that she'll be again like her V4 self. Piapro is it's own engine with it's own sound, unlike Cevio, the metallicy-ness and choppy-ness is staying, "to improve" should be understood as "they're gonna execute what they already have better".

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018

If you don't like Miku NT now, you most likely won't like her later either and there won't be any miracle update that will suddenly make someone who already dislikes her, like her. Too often I hear "I hope Crypton makes her sound better" or "Oh don't you worry Crypton can update her any time just wait for her to improve" and I feel like too often what people mean by that/hope for is that she'll be again like her V4 self. Piapro is it's own engine with it's own sound, unlike Cevio, the metallicy-ness and choppy-ness is staying, "to improve" should be understood as "they're gonna execute what they already have better".
To be fair, I did notice Miku NT's choppiness had been fixed up when Crypton rereleased her old demos with her latest voice.

Reactions: ___

Jisenku

womp womp
Nov 17, 2020
idk anymore
jisenku.carrd.co

well then we gotta yeet her back into Vocaloid editor somehow

*insert that patrick pushing meme*

• Haha
Reactions: ___

Rolo

Watch Levius and Stan Natalia Cromwell
Sep 16, 2019
Every time I see a cover with V4X or NT in the title I lose hope in the cover. I find a lot of not great covers want it to be known what version of the VB is being used and I’m just not for that. I don’t care if the cover is Rin V2 or Rin V4X I just want a good cover I’ve never been into searching by VB type.

*Edit*
So I’m not misunderstood I’m not trying to sound elitist or get on covers, I say you should make whatever you want it only helps you get better. What I’m trying to say is I think younger producers should worry less about getting people to click because “Miku NT Soft +V4X Rin power” is in the title and focus more on the cover is all I’m saying. I think sometimes people clickbait with the VB type.

Jisenku

womp womp
Nov 17, 2020
idk anymore
jisenku.carrd.co
Every time I see a cover with V4X or NT in the title I lose hope in the cover. I find a lot of not great covers want it to be known what version of the VB is being used and I’m just not for that. I don’t care if the cover is Rin V2 or Rin V4X I just want a good cover I’ve never been into searching by VB type.

*Edit*
So I’m not misunderstood I’m not trying to sound elitist or get on covers, I say you should make whatever you want it only helps you get better. What I’m trying to say is I think younger producers should worry less about getting people to click because “Miku NT Soft +V4X Rin power” is in the title and focus more on the cover is all I’m saying. I think sometimes people clickbait with the VB type.
I think this goes for the videos that have the VBs directly on the front of the title, as in something like "[Miku V4X Solid] Open & Close Demons and the Dead." To me, if it's like "Open & Close Demons and the Dead - [Miku V4X Solid]" That's fine IMO. It's not the main part of the title, it's just more information and personally, I like knowing what Vocaloid VB is singing.

Reactions: Rolo and Mika

Rolo

Sep 16, 2019
Yes exactly Patuk! I think it’s good as an informational thing if you would like to have it somewhere in your title, I know for awhile j was searching for covers or originals only with Miku dark (best voice for Miku dont @ me) but at the beginning of the title just feels to me like trying to draw people in with a VB. Plus there are people who lie about the VB they use for this exact reason, because they know those types of titles get clicks

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
morrysillusion.wixsite.com
idk if this is unpopular but the discussion of labelling what banks are used make me think about this- i kinda dislike it when original artists use a vocaloid bank and dont mention it anywhere, mostly when its the main vocal. its not to say someone has to format their title like "[miku v4x] insert title [original]" or even "insert title ft. miku" but when all you have is "insert title" and no mention of a vocaloid, i find it a bit annoying because i feel like if you use vocaloid as you main vocal, you gotta mention somewhere that its not a real voice/its not your own voice/your own vocal synth, because there are no doubt many people who would assume such (and i have seen it a lot)

i definitely relate to the idea of not wanting all my music tied to vocaloid and only have it noticed for the sake of being vocaloid related, when youre being serious about making originals. but somewhere on the label/release just like.. credit "vocaloid" or whatever bank is used, if even ifs shoved into a little corner, just to at least clarify that detail when its the star of your song.

Rolo

Sep 16, 2019
It's BlueJ XD
I’m so sorry Bluej it was very early in the morning when I replied I was like half awake and I have reading issues 😂😂I will definitely be more careful Bluej

Also sorry to double post but I did want to clear something up since I started the topic. I was never talking about labeling originals or even most covers. What I was complaining about was I was looking for a Rin cover of a song but every single cover sounded the same and they all labeled the covers with the same VB. Now the reason this bothered me is because the covers were from what I call the “Rin V4X explosion” basically for me that’s when a new VB releases “V3, V4X, NT” and everyone rushes to cover as many songs as they can with this VB but the covers don’t seem like a lot of work was put into them. It seems like some were made as quickly as possible because people are looking for “NT cover of X song” or V4X cover depending on what’s popular at the time. That’s why I say I don’t care what VB is used and I honestly avoid covers that have new VB’s in the title because many are from right after the VB releases and they’re not great in my opinion. Like there’s a Len cover that uses his act one and it is in the title but the cover is like really good, so I don’t mind clicking it or it even being there. But when I see a bunch of NT covers made right after her release day I rarely click them for that reason.

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
morrysillusion.wixsite.com
Also sorry to double post but I did want to clear something up since I started the topic. I was never talking about labeling originals or even most covers[...]
i get what youre saying here but but i hope you dont think my reply had anything to directly do with your opinion! i dont disagree with your original post at all, it just sparked another topic in my head lol. when i saw the discussion. my opinion is entirely unrelated to whatever i think about your original post.

Reactions: Rolo

Rolo

Sep 16, 2019
i get what youre saying here but but i hope you dont think my reply had anything to directly do with your opinion! i dont disagree with your original post at all, it just sparked another topic in my head lol. when i saw the discussion. my opinion is entirely unrelated to whatever i think about your original post.
Oh no it wasn’t about your reply! (I honestly kinda have been skimming the thread after my reply) It was just I didn’t expect so many people to weigh in on the topic so I didn’t want anyone to misunderstand where I was coming from because I didn’t want my post to sound like “Label voicebank bad!” When I was talking about something very particular that had happened but I offered like zero context in my original post.

Reactions: Jisenku

___

Oct 8, 2019
Gumi Native needs to be re-recorded badly, she's been re-touched plenty enough and still is noticeably way lower quality than her appends and especially sticks out like a sore thumb when you put her next to NATIVEFAT.

Edit: also while I acknowledge their reduntaness and that it would make no sense for them to be the main vocals I honestly always preferred how her "XSY-able" banks sound standalone and prefer them over their original versions.

Prism

Enthusiast
Jul 18, 2019
That's one of the reasons why I love gumi v4 because her new banks are great at sanding off the edges of her old banks while giving you something new. I used to hate how grating whisper is but soft whisper is one of my favorite vocaloid banks. Imo all of the old v3 banks sound kinda worse when you switch to the edited new v4 banks

I really hope for what internet co is planing on that they rerecord everyone because gackpo really needs it.

___

Oct 8, 2019
That's one of the reasons why I love gumi v4 because her new banks are great at sanding off the edges of her old banks while giving you something new.
Going off of what you've said, despite being treated as just "add-ons" to her regular voicebanks they were created in...an attempt at giving her more rich tone and imo ironically due to that they ended up being way better and interesting of a standalone voicebanks than her ogs.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheStarPalace

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
I really hope for what internet co is planing on that they rerecord everyone because gackpo really needs it.
I thought Internet Co. stopped caring about Vocaloid? I think they pretty much said a while ago that they had no interest in V5.

KingPapillon

vocal synth weirdo
Nov 2, 2020
Does anyone know if Gumi V4's new voicebanks were made with new recording samples? I ask this because people have told me that they were just edited versions of their older voicebanks like Luka V4 eng soft, but from what I've heard, they sound way nicer than that. I recently bought Gumi V4 Adult boxed, and its shipping on its way, and I'm really excited to try out MellowAdult, because its the least Gumi sounding extend that she has. It almost sounds like she's trying to emulate Luka or Miku Dark's tone.

Reactions: WyndReed and ___

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)