• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Unpopular Opinions

Sep 21, 2019
Here's one that's probably mega unpopular:

I'm cool with the J-loids being drawn in more "western" art styles. It may not always be something that I like, but I think ones like the Miku V3 box art look pretty cool. I feel like the term "western" is being used in a way that makes a pretty broad generalization. I mean, not all western artists have the same style, and some western artists have styles that lean more towards a more anime style.

(Also, not all eastern art is anime anyways. From my understanding, anime isn't even as popular in Japan as most people think it is. It's mainly popular with the younger population. :V)

TheStarPalace

Hardcore Fan
Apr 8, 2018
Vocaloid design opinions are kind of all over the board, especially if it;s more "out there" like Iroha. I think the hand speakers are a welcome change considering a lot of Vocaloids have speakers randomly on their outfits...
I remember when Una was released most of the people I knew didn't like her design, but she's a pretty popular Vocaloid in general now, so either most people like her design or they overlook it for the voice. :rune_lili:

Sep 21, 2019
I have way too many opinions for my own good. XD

I 90% sure this is unpopular since I see a lot of people say they prefer Rin/Len's Act 1 or 2 voices over append/V4x, but I like V4x better than their prior voicebanks (moreso Rin than Len; Len power doesn't sound that much different than his previous Vbs outside of being stronger). I kind of like the stronger, dryer tone that Rin has compared to Acts 1 and 2. (Though, I wouldn't be opposed if Rin's vbs for the new Piapro included act 1 and 2's voices in addition to the Append/V4x vbs; sometimes those don't sound quite right for a song and act 1 or 2 would be better suited instead.)

Also, I'm not huge fan of Rin's V4x outfit. I don't love it, but I don't hate it.

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
Despite that, I think Rin and Len are one ( or well...two ) of the cryptonloids that stayed the most faitful to their former counterparts besides Miku.
I was quite surprised to hear how different Meiko and Kaito sounded in tone in V3. (Of course, the V1 and V3 engines process samples very differently to each other, but it was still a bit odd getting used to producers working with a different toned Meiko and Kaito after listening to V1 for so long).

___

Oct 8, 2019
I was quite surprised to hear how different Meiko and Kaito sounded in tone in V3. (Of course, the V1 and V3 engines process samples very differently to each other, but it was still a bit odd getting used to producers working with a different toned Meiko and Kaito after listening to V1 for so long).
Oh definitely! It must have been weird getting used to them! But as far as faithfulness goes I give them a slack because as you said, V1 and V3 are very different and Kaito and Meiko are pretty good V3s so.........now Luka, dunno what happened there!

Also it's said that it's hard to make Luka sound natural, she sounds very synthetic. Did her V2 have the same issue? Also how do her eng voicebanks comapre??

Reactions: Scarlet Illusion

Prism

Enthusiast
Jul 18, 2019
I vastly prefer v2 Luka tone but I kinda wish they added a updated v2 voice bank along with her v4x like Miku or Rin/Len I feel like a little piece of luka is missing. Also it would of been a English soft voicebank than the insult we got.

Reactions: Scarlet Illusion

Prism

Enthusiast
Jul 18, 2019
Have you actually used her? It's absolutely not in my opinion I would say she's probably the best v2 English female other than prima. I use her thoroughly sonika is way worse but I guess that's just a unpopular opinion.
It's worth pointing out that Luka V2 English was probably the worst vocaloid bank ever made.

Reactions: TheStarPalace

___

Oct 8, 2019
From what I've heard she isn't necessarily badly configured or buggy. It's just that she's very bare bones in terms of phonetics.

Reactions: peaches2217

DefiantKitsune

Lonely kanon fan
Apr 11, 2018
Yeah she literally doesn't have all the sounds she needs - even Sonika and Miku V3 have that. She's objectively pretty horrible-it's still OK to like her, though.

Reactions: ___

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)