• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

VOCALOID Vocaloid ß-Studio

Vector

Passionate Fan
Mar 6, 2022
the lyrics are actually directly entered in cubase's piano roll from what I've seen.
It's possible because the VST3 standard does support lyrics (but no other daw usually made use of the feature, but since steinberg is owned by yamaha, and cubase is made by steinberg...)
like, here i got cubase and it works the same as their video, i don't have yet b-studio because they didn't make it available outside japan yet, but basically it will read the lyrics directly entered in the native cubase piano roll, making the workflow ultra smooth with the rest
View attachment 7747
Studio One actually has a lyric lane and global lyric track (though I haven't played with them). I wonder if the integration is Cubase-specific or is something generic enough it would work.

SeleDreams

Passionate Fan
Jul 31, 2019
Studio One actually has a lyric lane and global lyric track (though I haven't played with them). I wonder if the integration is Cubase-specific or is something generic enough it would work.

technically, the VST3 standard does support lyrics, but i dunno if studio one sends the lyrics over vst3 or not, what's sure is cubase seems to do it

TEN0R_CL3F

New Fan
Jun 24, 2021
that tweet thread also shows a little bit of english being sung in the lyrics it seems
So even these beta AI vbs DO have XLS! The website said some of them were for JP, some for ENG, but I'm still yet to hear any actual *English* demos... (Wooow, I wonder why!)...
what shocks me more, though, is that...
Screenshot 2023-08-23 192408.png
Unlike the V6 editor, it seems that ß-Studio uses arpabet like SV? Can't say I saw that coming, could this be the end of X-Sampa?

Cerāgi <º•

Passionate Fan
Dec 5, 2019
Italy
So even these beta AI vbs DO have XLS! The website said some of them were for JP, some for ENG, but I'm still yet to hear any actual *English* demos... (Wooow, I wonder why!)...
View attachment 7748
Unlike the V6 editor, it seems that ß-Studio uses arpabet like SV? Can't say I saw that coming, could this be the end of X-Sampa?
I hope they would be able to somehow include both if they decided to add it, I personally cannot stand arpabet, I’m way more at ease with X-Sampa after having struggled with it for so long hfyyd. Letting people choose which one to use would be super nice I think 🙏🏻

ANYWAY, Kazehiki is definitely my favorite of all the revealed vocals :akasakiminato_lili:, but all the voice-types seem interesting to me (especially the multi one), and the new parameters are super cool! I’m really excited to see where this is going

SeleDreams

Passionate Fan
Jul 31, 2019
What’s the deal with multi? Multi sounds like different voicebanks
usually in music production, multi for a vst refers to a vst allowing multiple midi inputs in different channels for multiple instruments in the same instance

so when they say multi, i think they mean that you can use only one instance of the vst and use multiple voices with multiple midi channels sent to the vocaloid vst

AmazingStrange39

Miku-Avanna-Gumi enthusiast
May 23, 2019
View attachment 7748
wh- arpabet in vocaloid!?

i guess it's not a huge deal, it is a pretty easy-to-understand phonetic alphabet (though i believe it's very much hard-lined toward american english)

but i've come to strongly associate vocaloid with x-sampa so if they do switch to arpa in the next version it could be a bit jarring to me

kozet

Conlanger
Jul 5, 2019
flirora.xyz
I actually feel the opposite way about English phonetic input: I prefer X-SAMPA to Arpabet. (Totally has nothing to do with my other hobbies /s.)

junky

New Fan
Apr 30, 2022
I like the use of the multiß-N here. Maybe someone with great ambitions will someday use all 17 voices in one song.

Love this, sounds like a movie soundtrack which totally goes with the "in the future, we hope vocal synthesis becomes more common in *every* musician's workflow" idea they were going for

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)