• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

VOCALOID Vocaloid ß-Studio

aru ii

Your Neighborhood Tianyi Enthusiast!
Feb 12, 2021
VOCALOID4 Editor
Yeah I wish attack/release worked on V6..Hate how they're unable to use any params outside of pitch & dynamics, wasn't Cevio adding/is planning to add emotions to singing banks (I saw smth abt Kamitsubaki banks getting emotions)
Cevio already had vbs with emotions since Sekai lol. So far Sekai, Tsudumi and Coko have emotion parameters

Reactions: MillyAqualine

AmazingStrange39

Miku-Avanna-Gumi enthusiast
May 23, 2019
Cevio already had vbs with emotions since Sekai lol. So far Sekai, Tsudumi and Coko have emotion parameters
really? that's a super cool feature, is it sort of like cevio's version of vocal modes?

If they could leave the choice to use attack/release or XSY-like (kinda like in piapro having an option close to XSY) then it would appeal to both users and not let voicebanks package like Gumi's big V4 set or Arsloid in the dust (even if we're thankfully still having piapro and thus this xsy-like function)
if you're talking about the vocaloid version of piapro, its "xsy-like feature" IS xsy, lol

if you're talking about nt, then i guess you'd be talking about voice voltage?

MillyAqualine

Hardcore Fan
Apr 11, 2018
If they could leave the choice to use attack/release or XSY-like (kinda like in piapro having an option close to XSY) then it would appeal to both users and not let voicebanks package like Gumi's big V4 set or Arsloid in the dust (even if we're thankfully still having piapro and thus this xsy-like function)

Edit : Yeah, seems to be kinda like modes from the few I've seen people doing with them

aru ii

Your Neighborhood Tianyi Enthusiast!
Feb 12, 2021
VOCALOID4 Editor
really? that's a super cool feature, is it sort of like cevio's version of vocal modes?

if you're talking about the vocaloid version of piapro, its "xsy-like feature" IS xsy, lol

if you're talking about nt, then i guess you'd be talking about voice voltage?
Well kind of but not really? Dynamics are like cevio’s vocal modes (but they really r just forte and piano at different measures), and the emotion parameter is like a vocal mode that changes not only how the basic dynamic of The bank sounds, but also how all other dynamics sound too

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Yeah I wish attack/release worked on V6..Hate how they're unable to use any params outside of pitch & dynamics, wasn't Cevio adding/is planning to add emotions to singing banks (I saw smth abt Kamitsubaki banks getting emotions)
Wait, so V6 only has pitch & dynamics params? Am I understanding this right?

(Sorry, I haven't kept up with V6. I dabble with V5 every once in awhile, but use Piapro for basically everything.)

Cerāgi <º•

Passionate Fan
Dec 5, 2019
Italy
Wait, so V6 only has pitch & dynamics params? Am I understanding this right?

(Sorry, I haven't kept up with V6. I dabble with V5 every once in awhile, but use Piapro for basically everything.)
That's not completely correct. Yes, V6 AI vbs only have pitch and dynamics as parameters you can edit with a continous line(so either with the pencil or line tool), but they also include other parameters you edit directly on the notes and that previous Vocaloids do not have. Most of them are related to pitch inflection and vibrato, but there are also more interesting ones, such as "expression", which acts as a tension parameter of sort (but WAY more effective in my opinion, it can completely turn a soft voice into a powerful belting one and vice versa), and which can be edited with three control points (for attack, "body" and release of the note) and "timing", which gives you complete control on the individual stress and duration of each phoneme.

Not to mention that if you buy a V6 from Internet Co. you also get vsts that replace gender factor, air and opening and even xsy, so the argument that v6 lacks parameters is not completely true, it has them, but they're different from what we're tipically used to.

Vector

Passionate Fan
Mar 6, 2022
That's not completely correct. Yes, V6 AI vbs only have pitch and dynamics as parameters you can edit with a continous line(so either with the pencil or line tool), but they also include other parameters you edit directly on the notes and that previous Vocaloids do not have.
I was thinking that, though I don't own V6. So while I don't know how it works out in practice, I do like the idea of settings on discrete notes instead of having to fiddle with continuous curves. (I much prefer working with V4 params like DYN and OPE that are just a slider on a note instead of a continuous curve.)

I seem to recall that even V5 added things like note attack settings (I remember seeing enka style demoed) that effectively automated things you otherwise had to do a lot of manual work to figure out with pitch bends and whatever.

Dakuwux

IDK how to music
Aug 4, 2021
Spain
Maybe I'm too hyped but I'm rooting for Miku coming back to Vocaloid with an engine designed for her voice to sound like the Miku we all know and love but with the modern AI features Synth V and V6 have.

IDK, Piapro NT hasn't had a bigger updated for a long while now, Yamaha always had that vision of Vocaloid as something that has to sound like a human voice and the message in the... trailer? seems like a new way of thinking not only for them but for the community as a whole... I know it sounds too good to be true but hey, we all thought Gumi AI would never be a thing or it would be a CeVio/Synth V in the best case scenario.

If not idk what you will release the year after Vocaloid 6, but on the other hand making this things are so Yamaha, maybe is just a concept about something that they clearly should had incorporate in V6 (like AI in V5 but wasn't ready and delaying wasn't an option because clearly stupid reasons)

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
with the teaser and the message, I really think it will be sort of a "modular" new version of Vocaloid which allows new features to be tried in advance in a beta program. the "modular" design could allow for the software to be available in different versions, for example a free version, a lite version, a custom version (you choose which modules to buy) or a subscription one. and the beta program could have some levels, for example beta level-1 could be the release candidate for future updates, and a level-3 could be more advanced and unstable features that still need work.
and like I wrote in a previous message, the modular design could allow some features to be used in a future Piapro NT update.. mm.. let's see in some hours.. :ryuuto_ani_lili:

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
so yes, it's an open beta program (limited number based on lottery) and the VX beta will run from August 22 to March 2024, with new features that will be included in the next version (Vocaloid X? Vocaloid 7?)

VOCALOID β-STUDIO公開。
共に歌声合成の常識を打ち破るクリエイターを募集します。
8月22日(火)、プロジェクト始動。

Released VOCALOID β-STUDIO. Together we are looking for creators who break the common sense of singing voice synthesis. August 22 (Tuesday), the project starts.

Last edited:

Granata

*Luna fan number one
Jul 30, 2022
Personal speculation but I just really really don't think V7 is coming anytime soon, it will at least take two years (maybe even a bit longer) before we see that engine. I feel like the tested features either are for a.) a major V6 update or b.) they get put in the basement and then only appear years later like Vocaloid:AI for example

mary34

Aspiring Fan
Dec 25, 2022
So like this is geniunely a cool thing for Yamaha to do but I really don't understand why they gotta market it like it was the next Atlus title, what with making a teaser for an announcement. As much as I feel some of the hate on vocatwt is very exaggerated and silly I kinda understand why some of them are dissapointed, they marketed this thing like this was gonna be a whole new software.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)