• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Vocaloid Merchandise News

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Painted prototype of the noodle stopper figure:
Wow, for a kitchen utensil, they really did a great job. It's a really detailed figure, pretty with lots of emotion! It'd be tough to wash that eventually, knowing you'd be gradually wearing away at the paint....

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
I failed to notice this earlier, but it's a Figure-riseLABO assembly kit of Miku V4X. That honestly looks so cute!

Wow, for a kitchen utensil, they really did a great job. It's a really detailed figure, pretty with lots of emotion! It'd be tough to wash that eventually, knowing you'd be gradually wearing away at the paint....
I don't think you need to wash it even when using it as it's intended. The figure is meant to sit on the lid of an instant noodle cup, so it shouldn't get dirty.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
I don't think you need to wash it even when using it as it's intended. The figure is meant to sit on the lid of an instant noodle cup, so it shouldn't get dirty.
True, it shouldn't be too bad. Definitely you shouldn't have to clean her every time. I'm just thinking that eventually the moisture would get through/around the lid she's holding down (which is kind of flimsy/flexible--why she's holding it down), or she'd fall in accidentally or something and have to be rinsed off at least. 'Course, I haven't had instant ramen, so maybe I'm off-base.

Last edited:

Ceres

「会いたかった」
May 13, 2018
^ Similar to the noddle stoper they are meant to sit on top of cups c:
Although, I hope FuRyu makes all the cryptons, Miku looks lovely! I was scared due to the first preview it wouldn't be so good

Sakura Miku x Hirosaki Neputa Festival (a lot of) merch to be sold at Magical Mirai in case you couldn't attend the event itself.

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
Sounds like new Miku goods for Europe & Australia are on the way
Europe? I'm kind of hoping this extends to the UK and more Miku/Crypton merch turns up in shops like HMV. They're already selling Vocaloid posters, but it would be really cool if more general merch (like shirts or something) turn up in there and similar shops. (Geek shops are a bit hard to find where I live unless you have your own transport or use public transport.)

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
I know these are a little late, but I only came home 3 days ago and I've been busy...

Taito has announced a new prize figure which will be a collab with 7net shopping:

Prototype of the Racing Miku 2019 scale figure from SHINE:

Prototype of the Miku Expo 2019 figure announced earlier:

StandLayd posable (and super cute) Miku plushies were on display at Magical Mirai. Website says planned release is this November (but I personally went to their booth to test the posability, and the lady there told me that release is (early) next year?). They're planning to have all Cryptonloids in their lineup

Finally, miniature Miku race cars:

Exemplar

Veteran
May 17, 2018

The first mass production models will be Gatebox's original character with more added in the future possibly being the Miku model that was previously available.

Reactions: mobius017

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018

The first mass production models will be Gatebox's original character with more added in the future possibly being the Miku model that was previously available.
Wow, 150,000 yen!? I thought the price before was a good bit cheaper than that. Based on the pictures, the units look to have a new design where the capsule is hung from an arm (rather than being just a straight cylinder coming off the table), and I'd love to know how else they've improved it, but still... roughly $1400 USD is a lot.

Last edited:

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
Holy cow, I thought they would be like... $500ish, not the combined cost of your first born, your liver, an arm, and a leg! Maybe it will become cheaper as they sell more units. I guess they are targeting rich people who have the money to spend and who have incentive to get a version of a character they like that they can interact with no matter the cost.

I am wondering how accurate this is, does she really say/do all this stuff for your anniversary?

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Holy cow, I thought they would be like... $500ish, not the combined cost of your first born, your liver, an arm, and a leg! Maybe it will become cheaper as they sell more units. I guess they are targeting rich people who have the money to spend and who have incentive to get a version of a character they like that they can interact with no matter the cost.

I am wondering how accurate this is, does she really say/do all this stuff for your anniversary?
$500 is more like the price I remember from before, too.

I don't see why she couldn't do the stuff in the video. Most of it's stuff we've seen already (text messages, changing lights). New stuff included the wine glass/custom speech for the 3-month anniversary. A tweaked model and a few custom speech phrases are probably easy enough to add in...unless they're indicative of improved AI-driven intelligent interactions to some extent?

They're really homing in on the "virtual girlfriend" angle, aren't they? I guess some roommates might celebrate having lived together for X amount of time, but at least in the US I don't think most roomies do. :miku2_move:

Also worth noting, for anyone interested who primarily speaks English, that the article doesn't say anything about the Gatebox supporting languages other than Japanese yet.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)