• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

VOCALOID VOCALOID6

Infoholic

CEO of Chorical, LLC.
Mar 26, 2018
This is so surreal, just yesterday I was checking her demos wtf
Also, after 11 years?! That means there is still hope for Piko, right?...

I'm sure one will be galaco_BLUE and the other one will be galaco_RED. From how the demo sounds I don't think they are using new recordings.
I think the current demo is kind of hard to use to gauge the qualities of the vocal; it's vocalochanger so it has more funkiness than usual and definitely isn't displaying the core traits of Galaco V6 as a product. As someone who uses Galaco a lot/is a big fan it felt pretty different from blue or red, but it's probably best to hold off on theorizing for sure.

Though it's important to note that with Zola they were upfront about 2/3 being ports, but there's no mention of that at all on any of Galaco's materials. For this reason alone I think it's more likely than not that they got new recordings.

Infoholic

CEO of Chorical, LLC.
Mar 26, 2018
Ah ? I thought the White was the name of her Talk bank ? =o
Her talk voicebank doesn't have a unique name, never has. In VOCALOID3 it was "Galaco Talk," but now she's just 'AIVOICE Galaco."

White and Black are the names for her V6:AI voicebanks, with Black being intended for power songs and White being more faithful to her original sound/softer.

wrong_thyme

femboy gackpo rights
Jan 12, 2022
omg they're finally releasing the vxb vocals?!?! marvelous, im holding my breath for that multi vb

also is it just me or do geki and kaze have more engine noise than they did in the beta?

Chuchu

Luka enthusiast
Jul 18, 2018
I like that more demos for galaco are to come, it feels like they're confident with the product. I think most V6 banks, besides fuiro, had maybe one or two demos at max before.

Do you think some features of the Vocaloid beta will be incorporated into V6 given that they teased Gekiyaku and Kazehiki?

BiscuitsandTriscuits

GalacOH no she didn't
Apr 9, 2018
I'm guessing thats her black voicebank in that demo? If so it sounds exactly what I would assume a powerful galaco would sound like still heavenly and husky, but with a more full vocal that holds up better to rock and other heavy genres. They got me gal I need v6 now ;-;

Reactions: MillyAqualine

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
morrysillusion.wixsite.com
not super into the idea that geki and kaze are being put on v6 (if this is the case, i assume it is bc its on the v6 account?) and do not really sound like what they did in vxb? if vxb was a whole seperate software with a different engine etc, then these would just be a back port, no? using a different engine? im still very much wondering (and also confused) on what the development for vxb was, and when or it its improved qualities will come to anytime soon. itd suck and be really annoying for them to release geki and kaze in this 'lower quality' version on v6 only to at some point release vxb and release them again.

i only worry about this because v5 had a similar treatment of poor release amount and lack of any improvements only to be updated to v6, after almost nothing happening with it, making it redundant to own v5 at all, but but v6 was such an unexpected release no one could have guessed. i do geuinely still look back at that feeling like it was a waste of money lol. im glad v6 is going much stronger with voice bank releases but if theyre putting geki and kaze on v6 it makes me wonder the timeline of vxb-- whether or not itll be its own thing or will simply be an update to v6 (which i think would be best). another hope would be that if vxb is an update, that other banks will get an update to that as well (much like all the major improvements and additions to synth v just get added to voices and not the voices being rereleased)

(edit: wanted to add to my dislike on v5 and how its voices were handled compared to its lifespan before v6. for context there were 12 releases total (i am counting the 4 that came w the engine as one, as they came together) there were 3 new releases and 9 rereleases/updates of existing characters. in the span of ~4 years. compared to v6 in ~2 years which already has 11- some still to release...)

if there was more info on vxb that might answer some of my questions do let me know... i did not keep up too hard with it bc i didnt get to use it.

Last edited:

Infoholic

CEO of Chorical, LLC.
Mar 26, 2018
not super into the idea that geki and kaze are being put on v6 (if this is the case, i assume it is bc its on the v6 account?) and do not really sound like what they did in vxb? if vxb was a whole seperate software with a different engine etc, then these would just be a back port, no? using a different engine? im still very much wondering (and also confused) on what the development for vxb was, and when or it its improved qualities will come to anytime soon. itd suck and be really annoying for them to release geki and kaze in this 'lower quality' version on v6 only to at some point release vxb and release them again.

i only worry about this because v5 had a similar treatment of poor release amount and lack of any improvements only to be updated to v6, after almost nothing happening with it, making it redundant to own v5 at all, but but v6 was such an unexpected release no one could have guessed. i do geuinely still look back at that feeling like it was a waste of money lol. im glad v6 is going much stronger with voice bank releases but if theyre putting geki and kaze on v6 it makes me wonder the timeline of vxb-- whether or not itll be its own thing or will simply be an update to v6 (which i think would be best). another hope would be that if vxb is an update, that other banks will get an update to that as well (much like all the major improvements and additions to synth v just get added to voices and not the voices being rereleased)

(edit: wanted to add to my dislike on v5 and how its voices were handled compared to its lifespan before v6. for context there were 12 releases total (i am counting the 4 that came w the engine as one, as they came together) there were 3 new releases and 9 rereleases/updates of existing characters. in the span of ~4 years. compared to v6 in ~2 years which already has 11- some still to release...)

if there was more info on vxb that might answer some of my questions do let me know... i did not keep up too hard with it bc i didnt get to use it.
VXB was purely for research purposes, it was never intended to be a permanent product and there was a disclaimer on the website that the functions, features, etc. may or may not come to a full-released product in the future (whether that be V6 or otherwise).

However, there were some collaboration voicebanks made for VXB that got a lot of buzz, so I assume they're redoing them for V6 to satisfy, at least partially, those who enjoyed them. In this instance they aren't necessarily ports, even if using the same recordings, as V6 and VXB had two different phonetic systems [meaning they would've likely had to be rebuilt from scratch].

I do think they sound worse than their VXB counterparts, but that's to be expected with the way V6 is. I don't think we'll see a VXB solo-release any time soon, or at all. To me, it's more likely that they just release it as a major V6 upgrade (if they do). While they did go from V5->V6, it was sort of necessary since they fundamentally changed the software and approach. However, I think they could reasonably just continue updating V6 rather than making a V7, so I feel like it's likely the last iteration we'll see for a significant chunk of time.

As a software, I felt like V5 was fine/a good step forward...the problem is that we had basically no V5 vocals that took advantage of the newly introduced features....and lost features. FHowever, from a user-interface standpoint and the things they DID introduce, I think V5 was a good step. Them shooting themselves in the foot with 3rd parties really was the downfall of the V5 era, since we got basically nothing.

TLDR; VXB was always intended to be for research and development, and they had a disclaimer that the results may/may not come to any tangible software. V5 wasn't really that bad outside of the third party/release issue, and releasing V6 was necessary due to the program's nature and wanting to add AI support. However, now that AI has been added I don't think we'll see a separate VXB or V7 anytime soon, if at all, as it makes more sense to just continually update V6 (which we have been getting updates, even if they're not the quality we want...)

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
I'm guessing thats her black voicebank in that demo? If so it sounds exactly what I would assume a powerful galaco would sound like still heavenly and husky, but with a more full vocal that holds up better to rock and other heavy genres. They got me gal I need v6 now ;-;
I would guess so since that's her Black design. I like it! They both sound good here

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
morrysillusion.wixsite.com
TLDR; VXB was always intended to be for research and development, and they had a disclaimer that the results may/may not come to any tangible software. V5 wasn't really that bad outside of the third party/release issue, and releasing V6 was necessary due to the program's nature and wanting to add AI support. However, now that AI has been added I don't think we'll see a separate VXB or V7 anytime soon, if at all, as it makes more sense to just continually update V6 (which we have been getting updates, even if they're not the quality we want...)
ty for the clarification on VXB-- i really do hope they go the route of further updates and not necessarily a whole new product to release. the way Synth V has just stayed one software and received updates makes me far more confident that i will stick with it, versus dreading the thought of having to go and get Vocaloid 7 and purchase all over again... V6 has been off to a great start so i hope we will see some quality updates and changes. and cross my fingers we see some implementation of what we heard in VXB

BANKARA_TEEvie

voxbox guy
Jun 24, 2021
it's so hard for me to imagine that we won't get anything from vxb in v6, especially considering how a lot of people considered quite a majority of its features to be better than v6, and if not that, then at least the sound! even if it's not necessarily back-porting, i do understand that the idea of giving us a temporary but better and more useable version of these voicebanks, only to seemingly go on to tease and release them as assumedly full priced-voicebanks* - i mean, it's not BAD, it'll make the people who want an AI version of them happy, but it's certainly a weird move! i can't entirely imagine people wanting to buy them knowing what could've been.
given how geki and kaze AI almost feel tied to vxb in a way, i can only hope this is a sorta dual-teaser which might imply (at the VERY least) some vocoder updates, maybe even finally drawing pitch on the piano roll?

*(given how some... certain v6s have had interesting pricing strategies as of late, i can't help but worry these two might be released separately. or, maybe that's completely valid given they're separate vocals?

Infoholic

CEO of Chorical, LLC.
Mar 26, 2018
it's so hard for me to imagine that we won't get anything from vxb in v6, especially considering how a lot of people considered quite a majority of its features to be better than v6, and if not that, then at least the sound! even if it's not necessarily back-porting, i do understand that the idea of giving us a temporary but better and more useable version of these voicebanks, only to seemingly go on to tease and release them as assumedly full priced-voicebanks* - i mean, it's not BAD, it'll make the people who want an AI version of them happy, but it's certainly a weird move! i can't entirely imagine people wanting to buy them knowing what could've been.
given how geki and kaze AI almost feel tied to vxb in a way, i can only hope this is a sorta dual-teaser which might imply (at the VERY least) some vocoder updates, maybe even finally drawing pitch on the piano roll?

*(given how some... certain v6s have had interesting pricing strategies as of late, i can't help but worry these two might be released separately. or, maybe that's completely valid given they're separate vocals?
I think since they're separate vocals it's not really a big deal, and I don't find much of an issue with Galaco either since she's roughly the same price as her V3. However...Una's MASSIVE upcharge in price is absolutely criminal.

Take it with a grain of salt, but Yamaha did say in a support email to me that they know people want a "more satisfying way to edit the vocal's pitch"...so maybe they really are working on bringing some features like that over to V6? Huge copium, but with how much effort they've been putting into Vocaloid as a whole compared to the dungeon of DEATH that was V5, I'm a little hopeful.

WyndReed

Dareka tasukete!
Apr 8, 2018
???, New York
Well the new teaser says B-Studio in the background of the credits while the tweet is tagged with vocaloid6. It’d be nice to have a translation of what the text in the video says.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)